Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    b) allowing for lanscape view of the entire app for displaying long file names easier.
    Can't test orientation changes on emulator so I'm gonna have to wait till I can get a Pre before implementing that kind of change.

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    UPDATE: temporary workaround found. i found that by plugging in the phone in USB Disk mode and renaming the file seems to kick off a refresh of the pre's Photo app. the image file i was having issues with in the post below is now gone from the downloads folder and appears in the folder i had moved it to. can people try and report back to see if this works? thx.
    3) As you might already know, but I thought I'd add this anyway... the music player does not recognize any copied or moved files.
    Known issue. Both are related to the same issue with Palm's file indexer not updating on file moves/copies. I posted this issue on Palm's forums, with no response so far.
    I think the install instructuions should be updated to mention the fact that you can install this via the newest version of Preware. Install the service first, (phone will be laggy for about 2 min), exit preware, go back into preware and install the Internalz app. That's how I did it and everything came out fine. By the way Jason, GREAT APP!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi. I hope you can help. I download the ipk for this much needed app. I tried to install it by dragging the ipk file to the jar app on my desktop as per instrunctions. It seems to run the desktop program just fine but the app does not appear on the pre. My other homebrew apps show up so I know the webos installer program is working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a much needed app and I appreciate the time and effort you and the entire homebrew community have put into this. Please e mail me directly as I have not figured out how to find responses to questions in the forum yet. Thanks. sirberk@pacbell.net
    Quote Originally Posted by sirberk View Post
    Hi. I hope you can help. I download the ipk for this much needed app. I tried to install it by dragging the ipk file to the jar app on my desktop as per instrunctions. It seems to run the desktop program just fine but the app does not appear on the pre. My other homebrew apps show up so I know the webos installer program is working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a much needed app and I appreciate the time and effort you and the entire homebrew community have put into this. Please e mail me directly as I have not figured out how to find responses to questions in the forum yet. Thanks. sirberk@pacbell.net
    Did you install BOTH ipk files? Internalz needs the FileMgr Service as well, per Jason's initial post...

Installation
    If you have WebOS Quick Install v2.01 or greater, or Preware v0.7.0 or greater, then all you need to do is download and install both these two ipk files, no rooting required:
    - Internalz
    - FileMgr Service
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    1) I experience the same thing in this latest version as well as in the previous v1.5. In any folder with 100+ songs, if I delete a song then the entire app screen goes white and it doesn't display the file listing until I do a vertical swipe on the screen. However for smaller folders this is not an issue.
    Hey, that's the same issue I see in Shopping List when the list is over 100 items and I select an item.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Hey, that's the same issue I see in Shopping List when the list is over 100 items and I select an item.
    Wow, then this must be an issue with the Web OS ?! Hopefully this gets resolved in the upcoming firmware update
    is Internalz - File Manager considered a tweak?
    do i have to remove them before 1.2 comes out?
    Do you plan on allow users to rename files? Reason for asking, I was using gdial pro and got a voicemail. I went to the app and it had the choice to play. I clicked and it said would you like to stream or download, streaming would not work so I downloaded. I then winscp and changed the filename to voicemail.wav and went back to internalz and was able to listen to my google voice mail by clicking open. Is there any way you could allow the renaming feature so that we could listen to voicemails?
    Hi..
    I apologize if this has already been asked..

..but going through Internalz to the internal folder and trying to "Open" a video or image doesn't work....is that right/normal?

Edit: I take that back...videos do Open...but not photos..
    Last edited by xBRIMSTON3x; 09/10/2009 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Hi..
    I apologize if this has already been asked..

..but going through Internalz to the internal folder and trying to "Open" a video or image doesn't work....is that right/normal?

Edit: I take that back...videos do Open...but not photos..
    See Jason's post on this topic. Photos do not open - planned for future version.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 09/10/2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Trying to fix the link to Jason's post (#34)
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    See Jason's post on this topic. Photos do not open - planned for future version.
    Aaaah. Thank you!
    My copy of Internalz does not work, states ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running. BUT IT IS. this is for version of Internalz 0.2.1 and FileMgr Service 0.1.1. I have tried installing both the app and the service via Preware & WebOS Quick Install.

Quick Note: It used to work fine but since the last 2 updates everything went to the toilet. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by demetry14; 09/18/2009 at 12:32 PM.
  13.    #253  
    I'm here with long overdue updates!

FileMgr Service is updated to v0.1.2

Changes
    - Updated copy/move functions
    - Various minor bugfixes

Also, and here's what I'm sure you were waiting for, Internalz is updated to v0.3.1

Changes
    - Several bug fixes related to copy/move
    - Added overwrite warning for copy/move
    - Added menu options for create directory and create file
    - Added imageviewer for opening images

I just wanna go into detail on the imageviewer a bit.

The Mojo SDK provides an imageview widget that does basically what the photos app does: pinch-zoom, double-tap to zoom, and panning. Unfortunately it only supports jpg and png format.

So for Internalz image viewer, for jpg and png images, it uses that imageview widget. For other file types, animated gif, bmp, etc., I've implement a very basic image viewer that simply scales the image to fit into the screen (proper aspect ratio preserved). Pretty simple with none of the extra options, but considering most images are jpg and png anyway, I'm not too concerned.

Hope you guys like it.

And by the way, plans for next version include the file info panel
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/26/2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Will we ever be able to rename files? The Google Voice voicemail files don't have the wav extension if we were able to edit the name we could listen to our voicemails on the Pre.
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will we ever be able to rename files? The Google Voice voicemail files don't have the wav extension if we were able to edit the name we could listen to our voicemails on the Pre.
    Yea, that'll be on the file info panel
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    New version behaves more strangely. I wasn't sure if the whole index update thing was resolved, so that was the first and only thing I tested when I had a moment.

Went into one image folder, attempted to move an image to another folder, received an error (it flashed on the screen too quickly for me to read), then the file was removed from that folder as far as Internalz displayed, but if I left the folder and came back it was still in there and it is not in the new destination (in reality or app perception, heh).

Thanks.
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    New version behaves more strangely. I wasn't sure if the whole index update thing was resolved, so that was the first and only thing I tested when I had a moment.

Went into one image folder, attempted to move an image to another folder, received an error (it flashed on the screen too quickly for me to read), then the file was removed from that folder as far as Internalz displayed, but if I left the folder and came back it was still in there and it is not in the new destination (in reality or app perception, heh).

Thanks.
    I'll look into this. What was the name of the file and the name of the folder? You installed both the new versions of Internalz and FileMgr, right?

Also, nope, the file indexing bug isn't fixed. Palm hasn't exactly been cooperative with me on that.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll look into this. What was the name of the file and the name of the folder?
    Source directory: /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM
    Destination directory: /media/internal/photos/misc
    Filename: CIMG0170.jpg

You installed both the new versions of Internalz and FileMgr, right?
    Yup yup.

Also, nope, the file indexing bug isn't fixed. Palm hasn't exactly been cooperative with me on that.
    That stinks, this is an important project in my opinion.
    Why am I getting an message saying that this probably didn't install completely?When I try to UN-install it it's telling me that I probably didnt UN-install it completely!

Internalz installed fine, was removed fine.

Help Pleaze!
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Why am I getting an message saying that this probably didn't install completely?When I try to UN-install it it's telling me that I probably didnt UN-install it completely!

Internalz installed fine, was removed fine.

Help Pleaze!
    You mean in Preware. You'd need to ask the ppl from Preware why their software is reporting that, but I can assure you it installs/uninstalls cleanly, as shown by WebOS Quick Install

New version out of both FileMgr Service and Internalz:

Internalz v0.3.2
    - Updated about screen to display FileMgr version info too

FileMgr Service 0.1.3
    - Fixed rename/move function

Sorry about that issue, DrSuSE. Should all be fixed and work now (just make sure you're using the current version of both the app and service)