Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 520
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Jason,
    I've always been dying to know... Why don't you own a Pre... Do you ever plan on owning one? I guess my curiousity lies in the fact that you're not having the opportunity to enjoy your own creations!
    +1
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Jason,
    I've always been dying to know... Why don't you own a Pre... Do you ever plan on owning one? I guess my curiousity lies in the fact that you're not having the opportunity to enjoy your own creations!
    Simple reason: I can't get one currently.

    Bell doesn't sell to my province, and Sprint doesn't sell to Canada. I don't buy off eBay, as I want to be able to have a retail store I can exchange defective Pres with. And in all honesty, I'm a university student with limit cash, if I get a Pre I'd prefer to be able to use it as a phone

    Way back during the Early Access Program, palm teased developers with a developer discount program, but they never delivered. So, I'm stuck waiting, but plan on buying one the second I can.
  3. #223  
    hey jason i just had the weirdest thing happen to my pre...i decided to open internalz and out of no where it gives me an error saying that the service is not running so i plug it in to pc and run webOS quick install and uninstalled both internals and the file service and then installed both ipk's again...and it made my pre sllloooowwwww as hell i had to uninstall them both again for my pre to be normal again
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason i just had the weirdest thing happen to my pre...i decided to open internalz and out of no where it gives me an error saying that the service is not running so i plug it in to pc and run webOS quick install and uninstalled both internals and the file service and then installed both ipk's again...and it made my pre sllloooowwwww as hell i had to uninstall them both again for my pre to be normal again
    this is strange....I'll look into it. Had you opened the reinstalled service and it got slow, or did it get slow right after it was installed?
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    this is strange....I'll look into it. Had you opened the reinstalled service and it got slow, or did it get slow right after it was installed?
    This is wut happened..I installe it a while back worked perfectly..till last night I opene it it gave me an error saying service isn't running..so I used quick install to take out and then used the ipks I had to install again using quick install..it installed and opened fine but it made my pre super slowwwwww..so I took it out again and left it off...then I went out and when I came back I decided to put it back on and it worked no slowness and its been fine ever since...
  6. ktnupe8's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #226  
    Can I get rid of nascar with this app!? Pleaaaassee say yes! I'm not tryin to root my pre...
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnupe8 View Post
    Can I get rid of nascar with this app!? Pleaaaassee say yes! I'm not tryin to root my pre...
    WebOS Quick Install has a tweak option to remove the icon.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8. #228  
    I can't delete any files even in /media/internal/. Please help. Thanks.
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjjmoody View Post
    I can't delete any files even in /media/internal/. Please help. Thanks.
    Need more information is needed than that. Did you install both files (Internalz and FileMgr Service) through WebOS Quick Install v2.01 (or greater)? When you tapped a file/folder and hit "Delete" what happened?
  10. #230  
    Yes, I have installed both Internalz and FileMgr. You gave me my answer without even needing more info. lol. I was using the finger slide option and then selecting delete. (same way you delete e-mails/texts). It does not work when you delete it that way. It removes it from the list but then when you go back in, it is still there. By tapping the file and then selecting delete it permanently removes it. Thanks so much.
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjjmoody View Post
    Yes, I have installed both Internalz and FileMgr. You gave me my answer without even needing more info. lol. I was using the finger slide option and then selecting delete. (same way you delete e-mails/texts). It does not work when you delete it that way. It removes it from the list but then when you go back in, it is still there. By tapping the file and then selecting delete it permanently removes it. Thanks so much.
    Yea slide to delete was left enabled by accident in that last version, lol
  12. #232  
    Just happy to have it figured out. Awesome App!
  13. Steb0ne's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #233  
    2 questions:

    1st: Is there a reason why we can't (or shouldn't install this with Preware?)

    2nd: Does anyone know where the file goes if you send urself an mp3 and download on the attachment in the email on the Pre?


    ***EDIT - Great app BTW!!!
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    2 questions:

    1st: Is there a reason why we can't (or shouldn't install this with Preware?)

    2nd: Does anyone know where the file goes if you send urself an mp3 and download on the attachment in the email on the Pre?


    ***EDIT - Great app BTW!!!
    1) Preware should be able to install it fine. Install the service first, then the application.

    2) Dunno.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #235  
    I installed the app first, and service second... both thru preware. Unsurprisingly, it didnt work (at first). I got the 'service not running' error, and then my pre nearly froze - very slow. So I restarted, and all is well. NICE app! quick, easy, little/no learning curve, and no more need to plug in to see what is on there. Now I can more easily manage files and music!

    Any chance on adding the ability to rename folders/directories ? landscape mode for those long file names?
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    2 questions:

    1st: Is there a reason why we can't (or shouldn't install this with Preware?)

    2nd: Does anyone know where the file goes if you send urself an mp3 and download on the attachment in the email on the Pre?


    ***EDIT - Great app BTW!!!
    It goes in /var/luna/data/attachments

    One of them there buckets.
  17. Steb0ne's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    It goes in /var/luna/data/attachments

    One of them there buckets.
    Thanks... much appreciated.
  18. #238  
    UPDATE: temporary workaround found. i found that by plugging in the phone in USB Disk mode and renaming the file seems to kick off a refresh of the pre's Photo app. the image file i was having issues with in the post below is now gone from the downloads folder and appears in the folder i had moved it to. can people try and report back to see if this works? thx.



    --
    I'm also running into the issue of moving/copying image into another folder puts it in no-man's-land. I downloaded an image using the copy-link-from-url-in-web-browser and pasting it into filecoaster. It downloaded correctly into the downloads folder. I then used Internalz to move the file into another folder called zzz.

    The file appears in the zzz folder when I look at the folder using Internalz. However, the Photo app does not recognize and does not show that image. Photo still thinks the image is in downloads and display the thumbnail there. Here's where it gets really strange. I can't actually view the image when I click on the thumbnail, and trying to delete it gives me an error. So it looks like the image is stuck somewhere in no man's land.

    I then plugged the pre into my laptop and am seeing that the image is in the zzz folder, not under downloads. I tried renaming downloads to "downloadsTEST" just to see. After a reboot, the "downloads" folder is back. When viewing through the pre's Photos app, it still shows the thumbnail but I still cannot view the image nor delete it.

    I tried deleting the folder while the pre is plugged in and in USB Disk mode, but the downloads folder still shows up through the pre's Photos app. It no longer appears through Internalz or when I connect the pre to the computer in USB Disk mode.
  19. #239  
    sorry to bother, any way to add a feature to password protect a file?? Rather than locking the entire phone, just individual files or folders??

    Thanks!
  20. #240  
    Just got back from vacation and finally have the chance to download the latest version and test it out. Looks good!

    A couple notes...
    1) I experience the same thing in this latest version as well as in the previous v1.5. In any folder with 100+ songs, if I delete a song then the entire app screen goes white and it doesn't display the file listing until I do a vertical swipe on the screen. However for smaller folders this is not an issue.

    2) I know you are working on a File Info Panel or something similar. But have you considered....
    a) allowing for us to choose a smaller font size throughout the app
    b) allowing for lanscape view of the entire app for displaying long file names easier.
    c) auto-scrolling all the file names (but this might be resource intensive).

    3) As you might already know, but I thought I'd add this anyway... the music player does not recognize any copied or moved files.

    Nevertheless I love the app. Thanks for all your hard work! I hope you received my donation, I paypalled it a few weeks ago :-)

Posting Permissions