Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    wait copy
    If i download photos with filecoaster and they fail to show up under my pics, where else would i find them? I've been searching Internalz but no go, and i have two Wallpaper files

wallpaper
    .wallpaper
    Also, my download file is not an option in my photo's anymore...
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/26/2009 at 11:31 AM.
    so, what should appear on the Launcher after intalling both ipk's?

I did both, via QuickInstall, and I do see an icon for Internalz, but not Filemanager??

Will the latter give my access to the whole device, or still just the /media/internal?

thanks
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    so, what should appear on the Launcher after intalling both ipk's?

I did both, via QuickInstall, and I do see an icon for Internalz, but not Filemanager??

Will the latter give my access to the whole device, or still just the /media/internal?

thanks
    FileMgr Service is a background service and is not supposed to appear in the launcher. Internalz gives you access everywhere, not just /media/internal/
    Ahhhh so it DOES!!

So, Internalz IS the icon, but the service (filemanager service) is what adds the functionality to see the whole file system?

Using INternalz without installing FileManager service, would then ONLY let you see the /media/internal dir?

Thanks again for ALL your amazing efforts..
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ahhhh so it DOES!!

So, Internalz IS the icon, but the service (filemanager service) is what adds the functionality to see the whole file system?

Using INternalz without installing FileManager service, would then ONLY let you see the /media/internal dir?

Thanks again for ALL your amazing efforts..
    Using Internalz without the FileMgr Service would cause an error and would do nothin And yep, FileMgr Service is what adds the functionality
    every time i activate internalz i get this msg "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running." i've installed it file mgr, but i still get that error msg. any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by saint_17_us View Post
    every time i activate internalz i get this msg "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running." i've installed it file mgr, but i still get that error msg. any ideas?
    Did you install both FileMgr and INternalz with Quick Intall, and NOT with File Coaster?
    Jason... Just WOW. The new version of Internalz seems so much quicker & more responsive than the previous release. Thank you so much for releasing this app!!
    I was wondering if I installed Internalz and File Manager, could I edit the file to turn on Launcher functionality for adding additional pages as documented at Patch Launcher Add or Delete Pages - WebOS Internals.

It seems there is commented code in the existing file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $on$ $the$ $Pre$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $uncommented$ $to$ $allow$ $this$ $nice$ $capability$ $so$ $I$ $will$ $have$ $additional$ $pages$ $to$ $put$ $all$ $these$ $wonderful$ $beta$ $apps$. $I$ $can$ $see$ $my$ $existing$ $three$ $pages$ $getting$ $a$ $bit$ $cluttered$...

If the answer is no (and forgive me, I just got my Pre two days ago and have just now gotten to the point of downloading WebOS Quick Install and all it brings down for you, installing FileCoaster, and bringing down a few additional apps), how do I gain access to that file on the Pre's file system?

It would be great if there were a way to edit the files on the Pre from my laptop via the USB cable attachment so I could use an editor I am familiar with there, but I would be just as happy to use a Pre-based editor for the simple sorts of fixes and patches I will likely attempt.

I am not a Linux-knowledgeable person, but am a long-time programmer. Point me to some reasonably simple way to create/edit the Javascript and I think I can manage from there. Thanks.
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-posterous View Post
    I was wondering if I installed Internalz and File Manager, could I edit the file to turn on Launcher functionality for adding additional pages as documented at Patch Launcher Add or Delete Pages - WebOS Internals.

It seems there is commented code in the existing file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $on$ $the$ $Pre$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $uncommented$ $to$ $allow$ $this$ $nice$ $capability$ $so$ $I$ $will$ $have$ $additional$ $pages$ $to$ $put$ $all$ $these$ $wonderful$ $beta$ $apps$. $I$ $can$ $see$ $my$ $existing$ $three$ $pages$ $getting$ $a$ $bit$ $cluttered$...

If the answer is no (and forgive me, I just got my Pre two days ago and have just now gotten to the point of downloading WebOS Quick Install and all it brings down for you, installing FileCoaster, and bringing down a few additional apps), how do I gain access to that file on the Pre's file system?

It would be great if there were a way to edit the files on the Pre from my laptop via the USB cable attachment so I could use an editor I am familiar with there, but I would be just as happy to use a Pre-based editor for the simple sorts of fixes and patches I will likely attempt.

I am not a Linux-knowledgeable person, but am a long-time programmer. Point me to some reasonably simple way to create/edit the Javascript and I think I can manage from there. Thanks.
    I'd highly suggest you check out: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

Why you might ask: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...ckinstall.jpg/
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-posterous View Post

The really easiest way to do the add launcher pages, is get the newest version of Quick Instal, There are now Tweaks there, and one of them, very handy is to add/delete launcher pages, easy peasy

As for Internalz , from what I believe, the write access to the file system, other than the /media/internal is not yet opened up, Jason (the oh so brilliant, and generous developer of the app) has not quite decided that would be a good idea for the masses, yanno?

However THAT said, IF you want easy GUI access to the file system, to be able to read, write, etc, any file on the whole structure, Id highly recommend installing SFTP Service and accessing it win WinSCP.

Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals

Good Luck!! and Welcome to another "smart person" who doesnt have to ask 74 times how to "root" the Pre

NOT that I mind helping those who need it, just nice to meet someone who doesnt yanno?
    Well gee Jason, ya beat me TO it

So, ya what HE says.., pre-posterous
    Love the app. With work like this my pre gets more and more functional.
    Jason, I just skimmed forums, downloaded and installed the best (and most straightforward; rooting seemed pretty - um - primitive?) stuff needed, and just got on with making my Pre better than out-of-the box. Guess if I'd RTFM I would have seen the info on the tweaks it enables. Thanks for the pointer to these capabilities.
    this is really cool, good work guys.
    How can I copy a video file that I got from a message to the video app?
    I haven't downloaded the new version yet because of reports of the copying functionality not working fully. Any plans to correct this is in an update?
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    How can I copy a video file that I got from a message to the video app?
    You can copy it, but unfortunately due to the same bug described below, it won't show up in the Video app.

Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    I haven't downloaded the new version yet because of reports of the copying functionality not working fully. Any plans to correct this is in an update?
    I recommend you try out the current version if you had the old. The new one handles memory much better and is a fair bit faster

And unfortunately this bug is a combination of doing something that wasn't fully intended by Palm, and that I don't have a pre myself to do my extensive testing on.

For example, some people say connecting to USBMode then disconnecting, fixes things, but the emulator is missing all that code, as it doesn't have USBMode functionality.

I've posted the issue on Palm's development board, but have received exactly zero replies. Feel free to Tweet Palm to get them to get people to look into it, linking that page.

In the meantime I'm gonna continue development. Next update I plan on adding "Create File", "Create Directory", "Rename" directory, and an imageviewer scene so you'll finally be able to open and view image files
    Jason,
    I've always been dying to know... Why don't you own a Pre... Do you ever plan on owning one? I guess my curiousity lies in the fact that you're not having the opportunity to enjoy your own creations!