Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    works now! thank you.

but.. get an error when loading..

/media/internal/.attachments/mms/mms/12507108286558685/loading.../loading...

not sure why? is it looking for a file thats not there? i think ive maybe deleted an image from there a while back..
    deleted whole folder that error referenced and its gone!

thanks!!
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hrm... something is up with moving files. For example:

I go into a folder (lets say the Messaging folder) and move a photo to another folder (lets says the wallpaper folder, the specifics don't seem to matter). Internalz shows the move completed. I close Internalz and open the Photos app. The index still shows the photo in its original place, but I cannot open it (since it seems to really not be there). However, I also cannot open it in the new location since it is not displayed there on the index.

If I put the phone into USB Mode via cable connection then disconnect it, all is well.

Anyway, in short, there seems to be some sort of file index update needed that is not being handled by Internalz/File Manager at the moment.

I hope this helps, thank you for all the hard work.
    Does copy work?
    when i moved pics from the download folder to the wallpaper folder. the phone thought they were still in the download folder. the icon showed in the download folder still but when you tried to enlarge it was not there. i used the usb connection to check and they had been moved to the wallpaper folder but the phone didn't realize this. sounds like a problem. i had to rename them via USB and delete the originals before it worked it's self out.

usb mode did not fix this by itself. i tried that first, but still had to rename and delete
    Last edited by drewjohn; 08/25/2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Does copy work?
    Copy seems to have a similar result... the file IS in both locations, but the phone doesn't seem to be aware of the new instance until after being put into USB mode.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    fanfriggintastic app.....thank you!
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7.    #187  
    k, this baffles me honestly. Move uses the java "move" function and copy uses the built in /bin/cp in a commandline process. The files are copyin/moving, I'm not sure why the changes aren't being recognized. I gotta look into this.

When you delete a file, is that change recognized?

Also, when you download a file with the web browser (via that hack), are those new files recognized?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've been trying to get Internalz to work since you first released the beta, and keep getting the same error - I've got QuickInstall running, and it tells me both programs (File Mgr and Internalz) are installed properly with no error messages, but when I open Internalz, it says "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running." I've gotten this message every time I open the program.

I'm only moderately skilled/comfortable with running command line stuff, so I don't know if I've properly removed/installed the older filemgr ipk or what...

Any ideas?
    k, this baffles me honestly. Move uses the java "move" function and copy uses the built in /bin/cp in a commandline process. The files are copyin/moving, I'm not sure why the changes aren't being recognized. I gotta look into this.

Also, when you download a file with the web browser (via that hack), are those new files recognized?
    When I deleted a file it appeared to work while I stayed in the same directory. When I moved out of the directory location and back in it appeared the files were still there. The files I deleted weren't a type I could open anyway so I don't know if they would open after I deleted them.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Never mind my last post. I'm an *****. Nothing to see here.
    this update fixed my java null errors..works great. one question, when i select an mp3, it plays it, but when i select a jpg, gives an error about nothing being able to open the file. hows this possible? just curious, good job on the update!!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

Jason,

Any reason youŕe using javaŽs move function as opposed to /bin/mv?

As for the file moves/copies/deletes not being recognized by the Photos app - I believe that the app keeps an index, which associates the thumbnails with the full size image files. There needs to be something to trigger a rescan, which I thought is done when you (re)open the Photos app, but I havenŽt had time to test this.

There are a couple of daemons running - /usr/bin/fileindexer, maybe that needs to be notified, or possibly /usr/sbin/storaged. One day IŽll have to look at the API...

HTH,

-JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Hey Jason,

Thanks so much! This is one of my must-haves for sure.

Could you consider putting file rename on your list of things to include?
    +1 for file renaming as a feature to add!

Thanks for working on this!

Just a quick question...I'm probably missing something here, but when I click on a file's context menu to, say, "Open" (a jpg), the "Open" menu item darkens, the context menu goes away, then I'm left on the scene with the list of files...and nothing else happens (i.e., no photo app opening).

Could I have installed it incorrectly? Using WebOS Quick Install and with my Pre in Developer Mode, I'd downloaded both FileMgr Service' and Internalz' ipk files to my computer, and then installed first FileMgr, then Internalz to the phone...then reset phone back into normal mode.

I installed these versions: FileMgr Service 0.1.1, and Internalz v0.2.1.

I've been trying to Open stuff in normal mode...I'm pretty sure I've successfully deleted stuff in the past (using an earlier version), but I may not have double-checked that it was gone...

UPDATE: Found answer earlier in the thread. The Open command doesn't yet work with images.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 08/25/2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Found answer earlier in thread: Open doesn't work with images yet.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Great app. Same bug that 'bpdamas' mentioned on delete. If I use the swipe method of delete, it appears to work, but the files still remain. If I use the tap-file-and-select-delete method, the files are truly deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    +1 for file renaming as a feature to add!

Thanks for working on this!

Just a quick question...I'm probably missing something here, but when I click on a file's context menu to, say, "Open" (a jpg), the "Open" menu item darkens, the context menu goes away, then I'm left on the scene with the list of files...and nothing else happens (i.e., no photo app opening).

Could I have installed it incorrectly? Using WebOS Quick Install and with my Pre in Developer Mode, I'd downloaded both FileMgr Service' and Internalz' ipk files to my computer, and then installed first FileMgr, then Internalz to the phone...then reset phone back into normal mode.

I installed these versions: FileMgr Service 0.1.1, and Internalz v0.2.1.

I've been trying to Open stuff in normal mode...I'm pretty sure I've successfully deleted stuff in the past (using an earlier version), but I may not have double-checked that it was gone...

Update:

I noted from skimming back a bunch of pages that someone mentioned that it can take a little bit for the functionality to kick right after installation...so I started the application again...

And this time, I tried an mp3. That did open in a "Streaming Music" app that I've not seen before. Cool that it played, but weird that it wasn't the music app.

I tried a jpg again, and this time it did to something. Rather than going back to the list as if I hadn't tried to do anything, this time, it gave an error: "Error: No handler for file:///media/internal/.../filename-that-has-spaces.jpg". This happened with all the files that I tried that had spaces in their names.

When I tried again with a jpg file that doesn't have a space in its name, I get the behavior from before, where the context menu goes away as expected, but all I get is the file list scene, and nothing else happens.

Playing a movie file that happens to have a space in its name does seem to behave as expected: plays the video in the Videos app.

I haven't tried deleting anything yet, not with the current versions.

UPDATE of the update: Found answer earlier in the thread. The Open command doesn't yet work with images.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 08/25/2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: UPDATE: Found answer earlier in the thread. The Open command doesn't yet work with images.
    I am able to move things from wallpaper to ringtones and stuff like that, and delete some items. I downloaded a few Wallpapers using the download tweak and tried to move to Wallpaper file. I don't know if I'm doing it correctly, but i cannot open anything below the Directory. But if i try to open, or move file it will go to .wallpaper, but it's not the correct format or something and cannot open. Basically, i can't open anything anywhere.

Maybe this is just over my head...
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/25/2009 at 05:57 PM.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    As for the file moves/copies/deletes not being recognized by the Photos app - I believe that the app keeps an index, which associates the thumbnails with the full size image files. There needs to be something to trigger a rescan, which I thought is done when you (re)open the Photos app, but I havenŽt had time to test this.
    There are a couple of daemons running - /usr/bin/fileindexer, maybe that needs to be notified, or possibly /usr/sbin/storaged. One day IŽll have to look at the API...
    Yea, I'm thinking it's /usr/bin/fileindexer. I tried playing with the "palm://com.palm.mediadb/image" calls. Doing a move via Internalz moves the file. The image paths are updated, but these new images still stay in the previous album. I did a quick look for that rescan call you mentioned but couldn't find anything. I'm not too solid on the linux side of things, so any help figuring this stuff out would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/25/2009 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by russellpr View Post
    Great app. Same bug that 'bpdamas' mentioned on delete. If I use the swipe method of delete, it appears to work, but the files still remain. If I use the tap-file-and-select-delete method, the files are truly deleted.
    I have the same issue. Thanks for making move/copy work!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Installed the latest update, everything looks great so far Jason. Really appreciate the added functionality. Keep up the excellent work!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Jason,

Interesting, the emulator has fileindexer, but not storaged...

Looks like the system may keep a master database of media files, and I think you're on the right track...

This is from -
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/app/models/mediadb-image-service.jsjsjs

deleteFile : function(path, callback, sceneController)
    {
    return sceneController.serviceRequest(
    'palm://com.palm.mediadb/', {
    method: 'deletefile',
    onSuccess: callback,
    onFailure: callback,
    parameters: { path : path }
    });
    },

Here's more of what leads me to believe this (note the last file, maybe the master index?) -

root@qemux86:/# find -name *mediadb*
    ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/app/models/mediadb-image-service.jsjsjs
    ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/tests/mock/mock-mediadb-audio-service.jsjsjs
    ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/models/mediadb-audio-service.jsjsjs
    ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/app/models/mediadb-image-service.jsjsjs
    ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/app/models/mediadb-video-service.jsjsjs
    ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/app/models/mediadb-video-service.jsjsjs
    ./var/luna/data/mediadb.db3

HTH,

-JerryG

PS - I don't mind playing detective, it's kind of payback for PowerBtn...