Page 98 of 184 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1941  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    very well done Jason it is always a treat to see all the fun stuff you come up with. hey if we go into making some patches and submitting them to you will you start adding them into tweaks for your installer.

now since i manualy installed fritos' patch and edited the file to allow my avatar will that conflict with your tweak?
    depends on the tweak you send me, but I'll definitely consider patch submissions/suggestions. And yes, since you modded it by hand, chances are there'd be some incompatibility

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK I think I'm in trouble.
    I downloaded and installed WebOS Quick Intall 2.03 tonight (Monday or Tuesday 2:30am).
    I turned on some of the tweaks.
    And the last thing I did was install the terminal service plugin and terminal app.
    I then went to run my Web app and when it starts up I don't get anything but a grayish screen, with the bar to type addresses in, but it looks kinda funny.
    I uninstalled Terminal App and Terminal Service Plug-in and that did not fix the problem.
    I did install the tweak to spoof websites, to report that the Pre was an iPhone.
    I am in the process of removing that.
    Does anyone have any ideas off the top of their heads.
    I would hate to have to use WebOS Doctor.
    Thanks!
    Rob
    PS Since I had never tried out the Web app each time I added a tweak or app I have no idea at what point the web app stopped working correctly.
    First off, Terminal wouldn't cause issue with Web, its simply not possible given how it works. Only possible Tweaks that would cause the ussue you're describing would be the iPhone spoof one and the downloading in browser one. To disable them, simply uncheck them.
    Alright, I got it back by uninstalling the Downloading in Browser option?

Any reason why this happened.

Could it have been that I used the first version of WebOS 2.03.

Is there a new corrected version of 2.03 posted now?

If so I will download it and reinstall all my tweaks.

Thanks.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ok Jason, unchecked Messaging landscape and message forwarding. added the files (4) and then rebooted. Text is up and running again! Thanks Jason, you da man!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    worked! thanks for the hotfix
  5.    #1945  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Ok Jason, unchecked Messaging landscape and message forwarding. added the files (4) and then rebooted. Text is up and running again! Thanks Jason, you da man!!!
    Since your files were restored, have you tried re-applying the current build's messaging landscape tweak? did it work do you?
    rechecked landscape option and back to square one! oh well lol
    I just tried to use quickinstall to install preware. I downloaded both files from the feed, and quickinstall said it installed both, but only the package manager service appeared in the launcher and I cannot install preware.
    awesome fix, if it wasnt cuz i use texting more then anything i would had gone to sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by brianu16 View Post
    same here.....i checked the messaging landscape and i cant get into messaging again
  10.    #1950  
    Well at least an unchecking fixes things back up with this build, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Since your files were restored, have you tried re-applying the current build's messaging landscape tweak? did it work do you?
    Rechecked landscape and message forwarding, worked well. Thanks again Jason.

Although, the dimensions are a bit off on the avatar. the avatar is a 40x40png but the left side of it extends farther than the white lines.

messaging_2009-01-09_015556.jpg
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/01/2009 at 02:00 AM.
    Since I got it back, I also removed iPhone Spoof. All working.

Then I decided to try installing the tweak 'download in web browser' and I got the exact same thing.

So either its something with my particular Pre and it' setup or there is something wrong with the download in browser tweak.

I'm going to uninstall it again and give it a rest for the night.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this app.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Did you redownload the newest build of Quick install?
    I also did redownload the latest one, I had assumed you re-posted, so all I did was download it again.

It's 3am, does anyone ever sleep around here! LOL!!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I believe so, there has been so many tonight that I'm not sure! Will D/l the newest one now
    it didnt work for me....even after unchecking i couldnt open text messaging

EDIT: i just downloaded the newest one and c if it works
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Rechecked landscape and message forwarding, worked well.

Although, the dimensions are a bit off on the avatar. the avatar is a 40x40png but the left side of it extends farther than the white lines.

messaging_2009-01-09_015556.jpg
    Yeah, I can't get my avatar to fit either (40x40)
    I'm getting the same problem with the 40x40 png, i'm going to try 30x30 and post back with the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    I'm getting the same problem with the 40x40 png, i'm going to try 30x30 and post back with the results.
    are you doing this test on the emulator? try it on the pre itself. the pre will resize it for you the emulator wont.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    are you doing this test on the emulator? try it on the pre itself. the pre will resize it for you the emulator wont.
    I tried on it on the Pre and it shows up outside the white lines on the left side. I used a 40x40png image.