Page 97 of 184 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    very well done Jason it is always a treat to see all the fun stuff you come up with. hey if we go into making some patches and submitting them to you will you start adding them into tweaks for your installer.

now since i manualy installed fritos' patch and edited the file to allow my avatar will that conflict with your tweak?
    MatterOfFactJack
    alright well i applied the tweak with the avatar....and the messaging did go to landscape but i couldnt open my text messages...now im unchecking it and seeing if it fixes the problem

EDIT: by the way when u uncheck its still asking for an avatar

EDIT2: ok i unchecked it landscape is gone but i still cant open my text messages!!!
  3.    #1923  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    what seemed to have been the mistake?
    Mistake on my end in the backup process for a file, heh. Those as previously stated, I have no pre to test the landscape hacks on, only you guys and my online buds that I tend to share early experimental builds with, lol.
    no error but I still cannot access my text messages checked or unchecked

edit: could you throw up version 2.02 so I can revert back to the old version with no avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Mistake on my end in the backup process for a file, heh. Those as previously stated, I have no pre to test the landscape hacks on, only you guys and my online buds that I tend to share early experimental builds with, lol.
    oh i see..u might/should have to get one soon lol

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    It still asks for an avatar when you try to uncheck it. I just selected the same one i tried to upload when I was trying to uncheck it. Now it shows as unchecked, gui restarted but still no texting. White blank page comes up.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianu16 View Post
    no error but I still cannot access my text messages checked or unchecked

edit: could you throw up version 2.02 so I can revert back to the old version with no avatar?
    Jason would that work?? ^^

I still have 2.02 in a different folder.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Got the same error and no text messaging available, just white page comes up when trying text.
    i got that too just go to the contact and click sms
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason would that work?? ^^

I still have 2.02 in a different folder.
    i dont have 2.02 can u send it to me lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Understandable, I think a single from pc and a single on device homebrew apps and tweaks catalog are fine it's just having any more than that complicates things and will make troubleshooting problems harder as we are beginning to see this happen now due to so many sources of adding apps and tweaks. I think it would also be fine if both webos quick install and preware do the same things. I wasn't sure how much if any working together to plan things etc was going on behind the scenes. The only thing I don't like is using a cord to connect to my pc. The only time I have had to do that was to initially setup for ssh and winscp and to use webos quick install to add preware.
    Jason and I are in constant communication regarding compatibility of techniques between WebOS Quick Install and Preware. The goal is that packages installed with either will install, update, operate and uninstall in an identical manner. You will be able to install with one, and uninstall with the other, and vice versa.

Having said that, there are things that each will do that the other will not do. But not things related to the basic life-cycle of packages. My goal (and I think Jason shares that goal, but I don't speak on his behalf) is to make sure that is always fully compatible.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #1931  
    k, I've updated the existing build again so unchecking doesn't bring up the png chooser.

To those who messed up their Messaging app in the first 2.03 build, I'll have a solution for you in about 2min
    thanks jason
    k, I've updated the existing build again so unchecking doesn't bring up the png chooser.

To those who messed up their Messaging app in the first 2.03 build, I'll have a solution for you in about 2min
    Jason, it doesn't ask for the png chooser anymore, however, it also doesn't restart the gui on my Pre so I'm not sure if it's taking it.

*Edit: Forgot that my text isn't working yet. Lol

I'll wait for your solution Jason, thanks.
    jason i just checked out your new quick install its awesome how u can choose the image off your computer

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    What dimensions should I make my avatar PNG? right now it extends outside the little white box
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    What dimensions should I make my avatar PNG? right now it extends outside the little white box
    should be 40x40 according to the tweaks guide.
  17.    #1937  
    K, so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file. Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/
    - For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.
    OK I think I'm in trouble.

I downloaded and installed WebOS Quick Intall 2.03 tonight (Monday or Tuesday 2:30am).

I turned on some of the tweaks.

And the last thing I did was install the terminal service plugin and terminal app.

I then went to run my Web app and when it starts up I don't get anything but a grayish screen, with the bar to type addresses in, but it looks kinda funny.

I uninstalled Terminal App and Terminal Service Plug-in and that did not fix the problem.

I did install the tweak to spoof websites, to report that the Pre was an iPhone.

I am in the process of removing that.

Does anyone have any ideas off the top of their heads.

I would hate to have to use WebOS Doctor.

Thanks!

Rob

PS Since I had never tried out the Web app each time I added a tweak or app I have no idea at what point the web app stopped working correctly.
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 09/01/2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: added the ps
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

K, so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file. Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/
    - For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.
    Ok, doing so now...... will report back shortly.
    so i tested the iphone spoof hack in hopes to get costco.com to work still same issue as it has always had. the pre browser tries to render it and stops... or in some cases only partially loads. sad pre browser does that with sams club to. i did not try it with the iphone spoof but i am guessing same issue.
    MatterOfFactJack