Page 94 of 184 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    when I turn on the battery % (percent and icon) my titlebar is just WHITE. Any ideas?
    Mine did that, and it disabled my ability to even see the options when I plugged in my usb cable (like charge only, usb, etc). I just started up quick install again anyway, removed the battery % option, let the phone restart and it was back to normal. Then I rechecked the option and let it restart and it worked fine then.
    In case nobody mentioned this (I didn't seen anybody discuss it, but I may have just missed the relevant post(s). Your messaging in landscape hack doesn't work if Pandora is running. As soon as I closed Pandora, the hack worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    In case nobody mentioned this (I didn't seen anybody discuss it, but I may have just missed the relevant post(s). Your messaging in landscape hack doesn't work if Pandora is running. As soon as I closed Pandora, the hack worked fine.
    works for me, text, gtalk and email
    Quote Originally Posted by rmingee View Post
    I have never installed any tweaks on my phone, just FileCoaster and various homebrew apps, and I went through a day late last week where my Yahoo IMAP account was completely broken. It stopped updating, and when I removed the account, I couldn't even add it back again for a few hours. Through all of this my gmail IMAP aaccount was fine, but I only sent a few test messages there, and don't use it for anything else. When I switched Yahoo to POP, it worked fine. The next day, it's like it never happened -- I could add the Yahoo IMAP account back, and it's worked fine since. A day later someone had the same problem with a gmail IMAP account.

Bottom line, it could be coincidence that it started happening after tweaks. Others have been experiencing email woes lately without them. I wonder if it's just the growing number of users leading to overloaded servers -- in the case of Yahoo/ATT they have a dedicated IMAP server for Palm.

-- robert
    Thank you. I do remember reading those posts about yahoo and gmail. I've been able to get my pop accounts to work and to notify me of new emails. My gmail account works (I sent an email from it on the Pre), but it's just not syncing. I'll give them a couple of days and see if it changes.

Although after I did apply the tweaks all of my email accounts stopped working, not just yahoo and gmail.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ok so i can't find anything about this yet... with the new version, the 3rd button to the right has a BUNCH of apps and stuff in there. I can't seam to find any info on the other options that are on there besides the keyboard. there is one on there that is call accelerometer service, what is this? what about dali clock? Just wanting to know what these do Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    do you have preware going yet? just use quick install for preware then do the rest in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    so you have WebOs Quickinstall 2.02
    Package manager 0.7.7
    Preware 0.7.7

try it to install through Preware, thats how i did it
    I was trying to use WebOS Quick Install, and avoid installing another program to do installs, but took the plunge.

Don't know why the script erred before, but it worked through Preware (though it did show up as an upgrade rather than an install). I had to remove and reinstall and now have my onscreen kybd!

Thanks to both of you!
    Irish
    has anyone had a problem with not being able to press the third buttom down on Quick install? I am hitting the button and it is not responding in any way. Tweaks work fine, but for some reason the button wont bring up the menu with all of the other files, and as such I cant get preware. It was working a few days ago and now it wont...anybody got a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked (and answered) already but a search on restoring didn't find an answer.

I just installed webOS today and the tweaks are awesome, but I've seen references to making sure your restore before the next firmware update. Is that as simple as using File > Options > Panic Button to revert back to V1.03? And why not revert back to V1.1?

Was I suppose to have done a backup before I installed the tweaks? If so, how?
    No it is simpler than that.

When Palm is ready to push the next WebOS update, connect your phone to WebOS Quick Install & uncheck all of your tweaks. Do the Palm update, and then reapply.
    Irish
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, have you tried changing the lock symbol in the screen is locked? Maybe a flaming skull would lock cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Hey Jason, have you tried changing the lock symbol in the screen is locked? Maybe a flaming skull would lock cool!
    where can we get lock screen files?
    More tweaks please . I would like to see multiple cards for messanging different people (already done), glowing led button when a notification is present (customizable on which notifications, and already done). But great work, seriously, this is some quality work you've done
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    More tweaks please . I would like to see multiple cards for messanging different people (already done), glowing led button when a notification is present (customizable on which notifications, and already done). But great work, seriously, this is some quality work you've done
    wut do u mean already done?
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Mine did that, and it disabled my ability to even see the options when I plugged in my usb cable (like charge only, usb, etc). I just started up quick install again anyway, removed the battery % option, let the phone restart and it was back to normal. Then I rechecked the option and let it restart and it worked fine then.
    Still no luck, two resets after the 'initial' reset (when clicking the option). On/off/on and reset still had the same issue... Oh well, not a huge deal, the other available tweaks are still more than worth it

EDIT: nvm, another try just for the heck of it, and it works. Thanks!

by chance, is there any way to change the % text color?
    so no one else has had the repository button (third one down) not respond? Ugh...I cant do a thing .
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    where can we get lock screen files?
    i would also like to know i dunno what to put for the bottom two options to make it fully customizable any people have this just like the bootup and the dialer ones?! thanks
    I followed all of the steps and got the web os quick install and file coaster on my Pre but I am unable to download some apps that a friend of mine is having no trouble downloading. It tries to download the app and hten just not enough intsall. Any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    To you and anyone else who has turned off a tweak and its still there after a soft reset, email me which which tweak.

Personally I'm not sure how something would occur given all the files get backed up and such, but at the very least I can help get your device back to normal
    Actually i too cannot reply back from a sent email.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Actually i too cannot reply back from a sent email.
    Had this issue but uninstalled the landscape in email tweak and fixed it. Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by rmingee View Post
    I have never installed any tweaks on my phone, just FileCoaster and various homebrew apps, and I went through a day late last week where my Yahoo IMAP account was completely broken. It stopped updating, and when I removed the account, I couldn't even add it back again for a few hours. Through all of this my gmail IMAP aaccount was fine...
    Bottom line, it could be coincidence that it started happening after tweaks. Others have been experiencing email woes lately without them. I wonder if it's just the growing number of users leading to overloaded servers -- in the case of Yahoo/ATT they have a dedicated IMAP server for Palm.
    it was just coincidence... yahoo appears to have been having some problems with their servers lately- i've been getting the same thing- just wait it out and it's all good again...
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Had this issue but uninstalled the landscape in email tweak and fixed it. Good Luck
    the other way to fix it with having the tweak is...turn ur pre to landscape then back to portrait then ur set...but yeah it does suck