Page 93 of 184 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Jason,

Do you think you can reload Pregames Flashlight to include the service in the ipk like you did to mytether? and post it on your Repo?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I haven't rooted my pre, so I'm not quite sure, however I am against making my pre look like an iphone anymore than palm already made it. HAHA....but i'm sure it has its usefulness.
    Some websites do not render correctly to the prebrowser so if it makes the site think its an iphone browser that might just be a nice fix till palm figures something out..
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Actually, I didn't download either of those tweaks. I did the battery charge, hide Nascar & NFL and maybe something else.

I have a yahoo, gmail & pop account, and while the Pre goes thru the motions and says it's syncing the accounts, nothing is showing up.

Should I be asking this in a different forum? The reason I'm asking here is because all of this started after I installed the tweaks.

Maybe I'll try uninstalling all the tweaks, then doing them one by on to see if I can figure out which one isn't playing nice.
    Just undo all the tweaks, and re-do them...

I had a problem, and it fixed it...
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Jason,

Do you think you can reload Pregames Flashlight to include the service in the ipk like you did to mytether? and post it on your Repo?
    I think that the service you need in available in preware, unlike the tether service, which made the installer useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I think that the service you need in available in preware, unlike the tether service, which made the installer useful.
    Oh it is and works great... I personally dont need it. but id rather see it bundled in the ipk for the app rather then installed separately. perhaps make it more of a standard for apps requiring a service. and maybe even make a how to for bundling services into app ipk install for future apps.. would go great in the webos internals wiki
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Oh it is and works great... I personally dont need it. but id rather see it bundled in the ipk for the app rather then installed separately. perhaps make it more of a standard for apps requiring a service. and maybe even make a how to for bundling services into app ipk install for future apps.. would go great in the webos internals wiki
    I like your thinking. It would be a great standard, and make preware even more useful, especially for apps that need services that people don't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I like your thinking. It would be a great standard, and make preware even more useful, especially for apps that need services that people don't know about.
    exactly
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    What exactly does the flashlight app have that is beneficial to other Pre programs and apps.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    jason,

this is AWESOME! 1 request though... can you implement the STATE Caller ID hack into this??!?!??!?!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...calls-log.html

thanks
    +1 on that! I have been missing the caller id showing the state since I got my pre. I would love to have this implemented into the quick install program as a tweak! BTW, great job on the program Jason. It worked flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Just undo all the tweaks, and re-do them...

I had a problem, and it fixed it...
    Well, I did remove all the tweaks, and I still can't get my email working again
    I apologize if this has been asked (and answered) already but a search on restoring didn't find an answer.

I just installed webOS today and the tweaks are awesome, but I've seen references to making sure your restore before the next firmware update. Is that as simple as using File > Options > Panic Button to revert back to V1.03? And why not revert back to V1.1?

Was I suppose to have done a backup before I installed the tweaks? If so, how?
    Before I try, have most people that have installed the virtual keyboard through WebOS Quick Install had problems? Is it working well for anyone? It's hard to say based on the posts. People keep saying install it using Preware; does Quick Install not get it done correctly?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Before I try, have most people that have installed the virtual keyboard through WebOS Quick Install had problems? Is it working well for anyone? It's hard to say based on the posts. People keep saying install it using Preware; does Quick Install not get it done correctly?
    I put my virtual keyboard in using preware and it worked flawlessly. I can't speak for WebOSQuickInstall, but it was pretty easy using preware.
    I am way too new to this and i apologize in advance if this problem has already been solved but there are SO many posts to go through to find the answer and I don't have a lot of internet time as I'm am using library wifi. I am running windows vista 32 bit and my novacom driver will not install. My computer tried to install it when i connect the pre so i click Locate and install drivers.It proceeds to try to locate the drivers for a bit, then it asks me for a disk. I click no disk, and then it says could not find driver software. Also when I tried to go to file then options, it's like the options button is stuck or non responsive. The first time i click it the mouse highlights it then the menu disappears and nothing happens. When I click file again the options button is still highlighted even though my mouse is not hovering over it. I can't figure it out. Please please please help me.
    This app is marvelous. Just waiting for 2.03, so my 4X4 app names don't run together, and I'll be in heaven.

Thanks, Jason.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    I put my virtual keyboard in using preware and it worked flawlessly. I can't speak for WebOSQuickInstall, but it was pretty easy using preware.
    yup same here got it done with preware and all i had to do was click install when preware was on my phone and it works great
    How come, after applying the battery % tweak, my phone (status bar at top) says the charge is 100%, but WebOS Quick Install's "Device Management" screen says 94%?

Why are they different?

Which is more accurate?

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Well, I did remove all the tweaks, and I still can't get my email working again
    I have never installed any tweaks on my phone, just FileCoaster and various homebrew apps, and I went through a day late last week where my Yahoo IMAP account was completely broken. It stopped updating, and when I removed the account, I couldn't even add it back again for a few hours. Through all of this my gmail IMAP aaccount was fine, but I only sent a few test messages there, and don't use it for anything else. When I switched Yahoo to POP, it worked fine. The next day, it's like it never happened -- I could add the Yahoo IMAP account back, and it's worked fine since. A day later someone had the same problem with a gmail IMAP account.

Bottom line, it could be coincidence that it started happening after tweaks. Others have been experiencing email woes lately without them. I wonder if it's just the growing number of users leading to overloaded servers -- in the case of Yahoo/ATT they have a dedicated IMAP server for Palm.

-- robert
    when I turn on the battery % (percent and icon) my titlebar is just WHITE. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    when I turn on the battery % (percent and icon) my titlebar is just WHITE. Any ideas?
    Try doing a full reboot.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY