Page 92 of 184 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Ok, so i tried reading the last few pages of posts, and didn't see this mentioned.

First off let me say that webos quick install, is awesome based on the tweaks alone! So thanks for taking the time to create this wonderful tool.

However, with the messaging in landscape tweak, the pics for my contacts are not aligned. Is this normal? as in a known bug, or is it something that would fix with a untweak, retweak deal? Thanks in advance for a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    So wuts 2.03 going to contaon exactly Jason?
    here is what he said earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    2.03 should hopefully be out tonight *fingerscrossed*

I've fixed the 4x4 icons issue, I've added "Change launcher opacity" with full control from 0% to 100% (a hack of my own ), I've added "Spoof iPhone User Agent" (unable to test this on the emulator though, but should work in theory), now I just need to look at the Email Landscape and Messaging Landscape (and possibly Messaging Forwading) mods to doublecheck things are ok.

If after v2.03, people who have never modded their Pre by hand or by quilt, still have issues, please email me and I'll help.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    @Jack87 Do you have any idea what this tweak does?

Spoof iPhone User Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    Ok, so i tried reading the last few pages of posts, and didn't see this mentioned.

First off let me say that webos quick install, is awesome based on the tweaks alone! So thanks for taking the time to create this wonderful tool.

However, with the messaging in landscape tweak, the pics for my contacts are not aligned. Is this normal? as in a known bug, or is it something that would fix with a untweak, retweak deal? Thanks in advance for a response.
    It is a known bug Fritos who did the mod has fixed it just a bit but still under construction being discussed here.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...landscape.html
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    here is what he said earlier today
    Thanks jack I didn't c that post...I guess we'll b seeing this by tonight I hope...by the way wuts the iphone spoof or w.e thing
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    I downloaded and installed the tweaks (and they seem to be working) but now my email is not working at all. I just deleted all of my email accounts and added one back, but it is not downloading my mail. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do?
    Remove the email landscape tweak and check your email functionality again. Also, if that doesn't work, remove the "download in web browser" tweak and repeat functionality check.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thanks jack I didn't c that post...I guess we'll b seeing this by tonight I hope...by the way wuts the iphone spoof or w.e thing
    I havent got a clue.. i am waiting to find out myself
    MatterOfFactJack
    Might want to look into this. I notice that when you use webos quick install it sets the modem to offline. While installing the virtual keyboard and terminal I got an error saying it could not install the virtual keyboard service. Then it finished installing it and my phone still switches between searching and phone offline.

EDIT: Reboot fixes this, still can cause a minor freakout though.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    I havent got a clue.. i am waiting to find out myself
    I believe the iphone spoof, is the mod that makes mobile websites think the pre is an iphone. So the mobile websites look better.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    This version installed the download-in-browser hack for me, whereas the last version prevented the browser from running.

I had to install and uninstall the 4x4 icons hack about a half-dozen times before it worked properly. The other times it shrunk the icons but still displayed them 3x3.5.

The battery % in top header hack (with icon) put a blank rectangle across the status bar, with nothing displayed, and disabled power-off, twice. Third time worked. What ultimately made 4x4 and the battery hack work was writing this post. They both finally decided to work right before I clicked "post."

Virtual keyboard gives this error during installation: "ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err 1)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    This version installed the download-in-browser hack for me, whereas the last version prevented the browser from running.

I had to install and uninstall the 4x4 icons hack about a half-dozen times before it worked properly. The other times it shrunk the icons but still displayed them 3x3.5.

The battery % in top header hack (with icon) put a blank rectangle across the status bar, with nothing displayed, and disabled power-off, twice. Third time worked. What ultimately made 4x4 and the battery hack work was writing this post. They both finally decided to work right before I clicked "post."

Virtual keyboard gives this error during installation: "ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err 1)"
    wow maybe i am just lucky because all of those worked without a hitch on my pre.
    MatterOfFactJack
    wow maybe i am just lucky because all of those worked without a hitch on my pre.
    same here...I had to use webOS doctor today bc my pre would take 10 minutes to boot up and then I finally was up and running...and then I installed all the tweaks one by one carefully and they all worked gr8
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I believe the iphone spoof, is the mod that makes mobile websites think the pre is an iphone. So the mobile websites look better.
    That's cool...is it worth it?
    same here...I had to use webOS doctor today bc my pre would take 10 minutes to boot up and then I finally was up and running...and then I installed all the tweaks one by one carefully and they all worked gr8
    I had a similar issue i redid my pre last night here is my post referring to it in the preware thread.....

BEEN loving preware but indeed it does have an issue opening. it takes a very long time usualy but after it opens once it is good to open quickly at least till your next reboot.

when i first installed preware and package manager my pre started being really sluggish unbearable and preware would not open at all even after 2 hours of "loading"

tonight i sent my phone to the doctor and now started from scratch. preware seems to be working like a charm now no sluggish phone either. every now and then it takes its time to load but it actually loads in less then a min

for the record the best part about preware is the icon.. i freaking love it.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i dont know i cant get iot tom work it says i need to download the webosdoctor i do and nothing shows up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bk19 View Post
    i dont know i cant get iot tom work it says i need to download the webosdoctor i do and nothing shows up
    I dunno what to tell you. i dont think you will need the SDK for this program but I did install the SDK before I used it. so try having the SDK installed on your computer.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I had a similar issue i redid my pre last night here is my post referring to it in the preware thread.....
    yeah the preware icon is sick
    That's cool...is it worth it?
    I haven't rooted my pre, so I'm not quite sure, however I am against making my pre look like an iphone anymore than palm already made it. HAHA....but i'm sure it has its usefulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Remove the email landscape tweak and check your email functionality again. Also, if that doesn't work, remove the "download in web browser" tweak and repeat functionality check.
    Actually, I didn't download either of those tweaks. I did the battery charge, hide Nascar & NFL and maybe something else.

I have a yahoo, gmail & pop account, and while the Pre goes thru the motions and says it's syncing the accounts, nothing is showing up.

Should I be asking this in a different forum? The reason I'm asking here is because all of this started after I installed the tweaks.

Maybe I'll try uninstalling all the tweaks, then doing them one by on to see if I can figure out which one isn't playing nice.