Page 91 of 184 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1801  
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    not sure if you are using preware or not but you might need to see if you have the latest package manager, once i had that on, i was able to install through preware, good luck
    I am not using anything but WebOS Quick Install.

    I think you have answered my question. What I was asking : is there something I need to install *before* I attempt the v-kybd. You mention having the *latest* package manager, and since I have not added any, I am guessing that is what is missing. I see a listing of "Package Manager Service" listed in the WebOS Internals Feed (all). If that is the same thing, I will load that, and then give the kybd another try.

    One last (and very important) question: Once I install these feeds, how do I go about reverting back before Palm's next OS push? Do they add icons like other apps installed through WebOS Quick Install? For all of Jason's other tweaks, all I have to do is uncheck them.

    Thanks for your help!
    Irish
  2. #1802  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I am not using anything but WebOS Quick Install.

    I think you have answered my question. What I was asking : is there something I need to install *before* I attempt the v-kybd. You mention having the *latest* package manager, and since I have not added any, I am guessing that is what is missing. I see a listing of "Package Manager Service" listed in the WebOS Internals Feed (all). If that is the same thing, I will load that, and then give the kybd another try.

    One last (and very important) question: Once I install these feeds, how do I go about reverting back before Palm's next OS push? Do they add icons like other apps installed through WebOS Quick Install? For all of Jason's other tweaks, all I have to do is uncheck them.

    Thanks for your help!

    you can use Preware or WebOs Quick install to uninstall all this, on Preware you just go to Available Patches click on the keyboard, Remove, on Quick Install you have to open your tools and go to manager then put a ck mark by virtual keyboard and press the uninstall on the bottom, i would un-check all the modification also through WebOs just in case
  3. #1803  
    I downloaded and installed the tweaks (and they seem to be working) but now my email is not working at all. I just deleted all of my email accounts and added one back, but it is not downloading my mail. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do?
  4. #1804  
    Im Wayyy Lost...How Do i Download The Web Os Quick Install Nothing Happens Wen I Click On It?? Is It Suppost To Automaticly Pop Up??
  5. #1805  
    Same problem Im Having...r U at Public Library?
  6. #1806  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyofmlc View Post
    Im Wayyy Lost...How Do i Download The Web Os Quick Install Nothing Happens Wen I Click On It?? Is It Suppost To Automaticly Pop Up??
    Try right-clicking and choosing Save Link As. If you're at the library, are you saving the file to a disk?

    And no, I'm not at a library.
  7. #1807  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Not sure if I should use this thread, but since I am using WebOS QuickInstall, here goes:

    I downloaded the Virtual Keyboard through the WEBOS Internals Feed (all), but when I atempt to install I get the following error.

    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info.org/webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinstr (err 1)

    Is there some other piece I need installed before I attempt the v-kybd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I am not using anything but WebOS Quick Install.

    I think you have answered my question. What I was asking : is there something I need to install *before* I attempt the v-kybd. You mention having the *latest* package manager, and since I have not added any, I am guessing that is what is missing. I see a listing of "Package Manager Service" listed in the WebOS Internals Feed (all). If that is the same thing, I will load that, and then give the kybd another try.
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    you can use Preware or WebOs Quick install to uninstall all this, on Preware you just go to Available Patches click on the keyboard, Remove, on Quick Install you have to open your tools and go to manager then put a ck mark by virtual keyboard and press the uninstall on the bottom, i would un-check all the modification also through WebOs just in case
    I thought we were on to something but no. I added the Package Manager Service, used the Device Management to remove the previous kybd install attempt (even though the install errors out, it appears in Dev Mgmt), downloaded and installed again, and got the same exact error as before.

    Any other ideas???

    Thanks,
    Irish
  8. #1808  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I thought we were on to something but no. I added the Package Manager Service, used the Device Management to remove the previous kybd install attempt (even though the install errors out, it appears in Dev Mgmt), downloaded and installed again, and got the same exact error as before.

    Any other ideas???

    Thanks,
    do you have preware going yet? just use quick install for preware then do the rest in preware.
    MatterOfFactJack
  9. #1809  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I am in contact with them, and on the app end of things, we did work together to get postinst/prerm script support working in both our respective apps. In terms of patch standardization, my patches are siply hardcoded mods based off the .patch files that quilt can use on-device in commandline. As to Preware's patches, I believe they're working on an ipk deployment, which would theoretically work on WebOS Quick Install too

    Cool beans, so is the goal then to have webos quick install handle things that have to be done from pc to device and preware handle being everything else? Looking at filecoaster and preware the only unique thing that filecoaster appears to have is the download from url feature. I just figure since we are at a stage where everyone can unite to a single homebrew and tweak effort and integrate all the stuff into a single app with the obvious exception of handling stuff that has to be done from the pc would obviously be put in webos quick install. It also helps in troubleshooting users if there is only one app or source to have to deal with. I seen another post that mentioned something like more than just these 3 app and It seems like we may be at the beginning of the community getting confused.
  10. #1810  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I thought we were on to something but no. I added the Package Manager Service, used the Device Management to remove the previous kybd install attempt (even though the install errors out, it appears in Dev Mgmt), downloaded and installed again, and got the same exact error as before.

    Any other ideas???

    Thanks,
    so you have WebOs Quickinstall 2.02
    Package manager 0.7.7
    Preware 0.7.7

    try it to install through Preware, thats how i did it
  11. #1811  
    I have noticed that when I try Filecoaster from my phone, I often get an install error relating to memory issues.

    However, when I download to my computer and use WebOS Quickinstall, I haven't had the problem yet. Has this been discussed before? Whatever it is, I appreciate it!
  12.    #1812  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Cool beans, so is the goal then to have webos quick install handle things that have to be done from pc to device and preware handle being everything else? Looking at filecoaster and preware the only unique thing that filecoaster appears to have is the download from url feature. I just figure since we are at a stage where everyone can unite to a single homebrew and tweak effort and integrate all the stuff into a single app with the obvious exception of handling stuff that has to be done from the pc would obviously be put in webos quick install. It also helps in troubleshooting users if there is only one app or source to have to deal with. I seen another post that mentioned something like more than just these 3 app and It seems like we may be at the beginning of the community getting confused.
    I mainly want WebOS Quick Install to be as compatible and feature-full as possible. I have no desire to enter the WebOS on-device installation world, though I do have a few WebOS projects I'm working on. Currently my intstaller is cross-platform and is the dominant desktop installation method. I on a personal note, would like to try to remain neutral as possible with the on-device installer apps, and wish them all the luck.
  13. #1813  
    I'm using a Mac and my download won't begin. I click the webos quick install and it shows up for a second on the taskbar on the bottom, and then disappears. I have all the updated java installed and the webosdoctor as well. Can anyone lend a hand?
  14. #1814  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I mainly want WebOS Quick Install to be as compatible and feature-full as possible. I have no desire to enter the WebOS on-device installation world, though I do have a few WebOS projects I'm working on. Currently my intstaller is cross-platform and is the dominant desktop installation method. I on a personal note, would like to try to remain neutral as possible with the on-device installer apps, and wish them all the luck.
    Are you still working on the comic reader app? I cant wait!
  15. #1815  
    For some reason my computer cant find a program to open the webosquickinstaller file needed for the home brew apps. any suggestions???
  16. TCCCCnME's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1816  
    What is "spoof iPhone User Agent"???
  17. #1817  
    how do you enable the tweak for downloading files?..and is it safe? and what kind of files can be downloaded?
  18. #1818  
    So wuts 2.03 going to contaon exactly Jason?
  19. #1819  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.02

    This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

    This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

    I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.


    Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.


    Enjoy! :-)


    Here's my brief Setup Guide.

    Please read my Troubleshooting Guide before posting in this thread.

    Tweaks Guide


    Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar


    • Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.


    • Novacom - As of v1.1, this now gets setup through WebOS Quick Install.
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.


    • DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.


    Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.


    Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch


    Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required.
    • No rooting required (or whatever getting-access-to-root setup is now called).
    • Support for multiple ipk file transfers.
    • Support for adding files both via filechooser popup and by dragging and dropping files onto the transfer queue.
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Ability to hide/make visible the DevMode application in the launcher.
    • Full device information section.
    • Management of user-installed applications. Lists all user-installed applications and gives the option to uninstall those applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Support for custom .ipk installations.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.



    Screenshots



    ChangeLog
    v2.02 - August 29, 09
    - Added Bell WebOSDoctor support
    - Fixed "Download in Web Browser" mod
    - Changed the "5x4 Icon" mod to a "4x4 Icon" mod
    - Added 8 new system mods to the Tweaks panel

    v2.01 - August 18, 09
    - Fixed postinst script support
    - Updated 5x4 launcher icons mod to properly format long app names
    - Fixed Send File feature

    v2.0 - August 15, 09
    - Slightly altered some button graphics
    - Internal code completely reworked
    - Added standard ipkg feed support with a few (including PreCentral's) built in
    - Added a Tweaks panel with many useful mods
    - Added postinst and prerm script support
    - Device Management gives more detailed installed-applications information

    v1.4 - August 1, 09
    - Fixed Send File
    - Fixed Receive File
    - Fixed Custom .ipk Install
    - Fixed DevMode unhide option
    - Added Delete File/Directory

    v1.35 - July 30, 09
    - Add support for custom .ipk installations
    - Improved DevMode hide/unhide option to no longer require device reset

    v1.3 - July 29, 09
    - Many Mac/Linux bugfixes
    - Minor internal code changes

    v1.25 - July 29, 09
    - Fixed NullPointerException preventing program launch for some
    - Fixed downloading routine. Will no longer corrupt the downloaded file.
    - Added button in options to (re)install Novacom.
    - Added panic button in options that will launch WebOSDoctor.

    v1.2 -July 28, 09
    - Linux/Mac issues are fixed.
    - Added ability to grab files off the WebOS device
    - Now downloads WebOSDoctor itself, for easier installation

    v1.1 - July 26, 09
    - Now requires you to download Recovery ROM
    - Better Novacom driver handling
    - Added first-time setup
    - Retrieve file functionality

    v1.0 - July 25, 09
    - Initial release

    Special thanks to the beta testers who helped along the development road the past few weeks. Especially thanks to Dieter of PreCentral, Philip of PreThinking, Ken of WebOSHelp.net, Rod of WebOS-Internals, D94, and David Wales. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    im not sure whats going wrong with my phone or computer but no matter what i try it alwas get to the selection after language and stops and gives me an error message saying "Connect you phone directly to you computer". My Phone is plugged into my usb port with my usb cord that came with the phone! can someone help?
  20. TCCCCnME's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1820  
    Quote Originally Posted by swolluprednek View Post
    For some reason my computer cant find a program to open the webosquickinstaller file needed for the home brew apps. any suggestions???
    Make sure you have the latest version of JAVA for your OS.

    If you have the latest all you really need to do is double click the WebOS icon and it should run no problem.

    Hope this helps

Posting Permissions