Page 90 of 184 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1781  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsnasser View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the tweaks in WebOS quickinstall 2.02 to work for me. I've tried a few of them. After applying the Web browser download tweak my browser ceases to work. I click on the browser icon in my quicklaunch bar and nothing happens. After applying the battery percentage with battery meter tweak, the black bar where the clock normally resides goes completely white. When applying the text messaging forward tweak, my messaging icon doesn't launch the messaging program. The roaming tweak disables the phone preferences control panel where you turn on roaming. The only tweak I was able to get to work is the 4x4 icons.

    Anybody else running into the same issues and/or have a fix to this.

    Note: All the bugs I got by applying the tweaks where reversed as soon as I removed the checks from the tweak options window and reset the pre.
    I had the same issue, and an issue with the silence dial pad tweak (i assume) which was making the phone app just a blank screen with no dialpad. I simply disabled each hack one at a time and re-enabled them, and now both are working. No idea what happened. Maybe I enabled them all too quickly at once?
  2.    #1782  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Should we uninstall any of the tweaks that you are updating via 2.02 (e.g. 4x4) before upgrading to the 2.03 tweak?
    Preferred, but not required

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't followed the thread and there is far too many posts to check and see if it was asked. Are you working with PreWare and others to unify homebrew apps and tweaks etc into a single app for the community? I think it is in the best interest of the community to unify the efforts for making homebrew apps and tweaks as simple to add and remove as it is official app catalog stuff etc.
    I am in contact with them, and on the app end of things, we did work together to get postinst/prerm script support working in both our respective apps. In terms of patch standardization, my patches are siply hardcoded mods based off the .patch files that quilt can use on-device in commandline. As to Preware's patches, I believe they're working on an ipk deployment, which would theoretically work on WebOS Quick Install too

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    need help. 2.02 wont open when i double click. a command prompt pops up briefly but i cant read what it says. 2.01 is still working perfectly fine. any ideas?
    Once again, this is simply not enough information for me to help you. What OS are you on, how did you upgrade from v2.01 to v2.02, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    need help. 2.02 wont open when i double click. a command prompt pops up briefly but i cant read what it says. 2.01 is still working perfectly fine. any ideas?
    Once again, this is simply not enough information for me to help you. What OS are you on, how did you upgrade from v2.01 to v2.02, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Maybe I enabled them all too quickly at once?
    Definite possibility
  3. #1783  
    Great program. I just downloaded v 2.02 for the new tweaks but have not been able to get them to install. I get error messages #3, 5, and 15 and streaming error messages when checking a tweak option. I've tried reinstalling and turning dev mode off and on again, anyone else having similar problems?

    Thanks
  4. #1784  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    2.03 should hopefully be out tonight *fingerscrossed*
    We need a fingerscrossed emoticon. I would have used it at least three or four times. This is what I have been using instead. It's close but not exactly what I was looking for

    Also, keep up the amazing work. Everything has been very simple for me to follow and use. Great job!
  5. #1785  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    need help. 2.02 wont open when i double click. a command prompt pops up briefly but i cant read what it says. 2.01 is still working perfectly fine. any ideas?
    Where did you download the new version? If 2.01 still works, it must be in the same directory as WebOSDr, which means v2.02 is in the wrong place. When I download the newest version I always put it in the same directory. It prompts for whether I want to overwrite the old version, which verifies it is going into the right location. I have never had a problem doing this.

    BTW, I am using Firefox (as stated in one of my earlier posts) and the options allow for asking where to save each download.
    Irish
  6. #1786  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Not sure if I should use this thread, but since I am using WebOS QuickInstall, here goes:

    I downloaded the Virtual Keyboard through the WEBOS Internals Feed (all), but when I atempt to install I get the following error.

    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info.org/webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinstr (err 1)

    Is there some other piece I need installed before I attempt the v-kybd?
    Jason,

    I know you are quite busy, and this might have gotten by you, but I was wondering if you had any ideas on this one?

    Thanks!
    Irish
  7. #1787  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Jason,

    I know you are quite busy, and this might have gotten by you, but I was wondering if you had any ideas on this one?

    Thanks!
    i dont remember if that is the same error i got or not but i had to uninstall the keyboard before i updated to the new one, all my new themes stay there and i have no problems
  8. #1788  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    2.03 should hopefully be out tonight *fingerscrossed*

    I've fixed the 4x4 icons issue, I've added "Change launcher opacity" with full control from 0% to 100% (a hack of my own ), I've added "Spoof iPhone User Agent" (unable to test this on the emulator though, but should work in theory), now I just need to look at the Email Landscape and Messaging Landscape (and possibly Messaging Forwading) mods to doublecheck things are ok.

    If after v2.03, people who have never modded their Pre by hand or by quilt, still have issues, please email me and I'll help.
    the landscape modes work great although fritos has updated his patch for messaging landscape kinda still in testing for allowing avatar in messaging app. and forwarding messaging is working amazingly!
    MatterOfFactJack
  9. scabsk8s's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #1789  
    i dont know what im doing wrong but i cant seem to get anything but this screen http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7528/webosdoctor.jpg ...i have done this before on my windows 7 computer & now it cant since i get a new pre ...any help would be great .
  10. #1790  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Not sure if I should use this thread, but since I am using WebOS QuickInstall, here goes:

    I downloaded the Virtual Keyboard through the WEBOS Internals Feed (all), but when I atempt to install I get the following error.

    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info.org/webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinstr (err 1)

    Is there some other piece I need installed before I attempt the v-kybd?
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    i dont remember if that is the same error i got or not but i had to uninstall the keyboard before i updated to the new one, all my new themes stay there and i have no problems
    This was the first time I was attempting the virtual keyboard install, so I don't have anything to uninstall.
    Irish
  11. #1791  
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed everything step by step. I'm looking at the WebOS quick install box but will not let me install anything. I've tried several apps. and it does absolutely nothing.
  12. #1792  
    Quote Originally Posted by scabsk8s View Post
    i dont know what im doing wrong but i cant seem to get anything but this screen http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7528/webosdoctor.jpg ...i have done this before on my windows 7 computer & now it cant since i get a new pre ...any help would be great .
    This is not enough information to help you however, that image is the Webdr screen which you should NOT be using unless you're trying to wipe your Pre clean and put it back to a WebOS 1.0.3 factory state.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  13. #1793  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Yes, I did that and I am still having issues with the battery icon and % on the header.

    Here are a list of tweaks that do not work for me:

    Messaging in Landscape (email does work)
    Battery % in top header
    Silence Phone dial pad/vibrate
    Reduce min brightness
    Message forwarding (won't even open the app)


    I havent checked Roam Only and PDF viewer as I wouldn't use these.
    Do you have any other tweaks that ARE working? Are you using the same computer that you used when the tweaks were working?

    Also, with the non-working tweaks, I've seen other users do this for your particular issue:

    Uninstall non-working tweaks, pull the battery from your phone. Put your battery back in and try to reinstall tweaks. Not sure why it worked with some users but they did have success. However, every issue could have various contributing factors.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14. scabsk8s's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #1794  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This is not enough information to help you however, that image is the Webdr screen which you should NOT be using unless you're trying to wipe your Pre clean and put it back to a WebOS 1.0.3 factory state.
    I am aware of that but how do I get to the webos quick installer ? When I DL it all I get is that screen ..
  15. #1795  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

    Once again, this is simply not enough information for me to help you. What OS are you on, how did you upgrade from v2.01 to v2.02, etc.
    i have windows 7 64bit. i just clicked the download link in the first post and tried to double click it. i didnt delete 2.01 or anything.
  16. #1796  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    This was the first time I was attempting the virtual keyboard install, so I don't have anything to uninstall.
    not sure if you are using preware or not but you might need to see if you have the latest package manager, once i had that on, i was able to install through preware, good luck
  17. #1797  
    it wasn't working for me at my parents' house....i came to my place and downloaded it and all the tweaks work like a charm, i wonder if it has something to do with the WebOS Quick Install download or something.

    I did have a problem with the vibrate Dialer one, then i unchecked it, let it reboot, then checked it again, and now it works fine. Slow and steady wins the race, lol.

    I love all these new mods!! Thanks again...SO much easier than changing lines of code, lol.
  18. #1798  
    can someone please just tell me where the installer file is? i cant find it anywhere on the page and need to download it.
  19. #1799  
    Quote Originally Posted by absynthosmicology View Post
    can someone please just tell me where the installer file is? i cant find it anywhere on the page and need to download it.
    First page of this thread, near the end of post #1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  20. #1800  
    Quote Originally Posted by scabsk8s View Post
    I am aware of that but how do I get to the webos quick installer ? When I DL it all I get is that screen ..
    Where are you downloading it from and are you using Firefox (easier to use)? The first page of this thread, near the bottom has the link for the quickinstall.jar file.

    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

Posting Permissions