Page 9 of 184 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCSTAR20 View Post
    I'm new to this so I need some HELP do I download this with my phone or pc cause when I try with my phone I get a hole bunch new windows opening up nonstop
    download it onto your pc. Especially if you have xp, it will be very easy. If you are running a vista 64 you will have to install everything via a virtual xp. At least that's what i did and it gave me very little hassle. download it in the order he says also, Download the recovery doctor, i had to have it on my desktop and inside the jar file for it to work for me. than make sure your java is up to date, enable developer mode using the Konami code. than hook it up for charging. I hope this helps you.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    The first version 1.0 works fine for me on my Mac (10.5.7)

I downloaded 1.1 and when I open it, it just closes immediately. I double checked my Java Preferences and they are set correctly.

I tried typing in "sudo /opt/nova/bin/novacomd" but it doesn't seem to help.

I also installed webOSDoctor, I haven't run it on my phone yet, but I did o through the process of installing the drivers and what not.

I restarted my computer after doing this as well.

No matter what I can't open it. I am fine using 1.0 for now, but I'd like to get 1.1 working so I can use any future versions no problem.

Thanks for any advice that can be given,
    -Tim
    I have the same problem as well.

Mac OS X 10.5.7
    Java prefs are correct
    updated Java 1.6 first thru Software Update and then manually downloaded Java 1.6 Update 4 and still doesn't work.

Is it possible to make WebOS Quickinstall 1.0 available for Mac users for now until this is resolved?

-Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    What OS are you running?
    I am running a 64 bit vista and i just got this to work, after trying every other option this one worked, i thank you very much for creating this. Anyone else running 64 bit if you need help PM me or comment here. And Jason i thank you very much for designing this. So much that you have just recieved a payment from me on paypal Thanks again man!
    I have Mac OS X 10.5.7 just like Hawt does, I also have Java set up just like it says in the tutorial but whenever I run the Web OS Quick Install it just closes. I should also note that I downloaded Web OS Doctor and it seems to work fine but I haven't used it to reset my Pre. I may have overlooked something but I just don't see what it is.
    Last edited by platinumm15; 07/27/2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typos
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyromes View Post
    I have install everything on my pre,
    but after it restarted I try to login back into my palm profile,
    and it said "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again."
    I found this funny, because I have 5 bars.

How can I fix this?
    Im having the same issue and cannot use it now.. WTF???!?!
    I was able to install this no problem. This feels easier than installing apps with my old Treo. It's not clear whether or not you can install the MyTether app with this yet though. I remember reading that it could be done without rooting using WebOS Quick Install but I don't remember where I saw that.
  6.    #166  
    k, so recapping on what I missed while I was sleeping:

Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    Will this work with mytether without rooting the pre?
    Yes, I'll be writing a guide on to to install programs like this later

Quote Originally Posted by ali.fazal View Post
    Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified'.
    First off, for a real device, choose USB Device. Secondly, and this goes for everyone else having this error, follow my guide on installing novacom (yes, it's written for Windsows 7, but works with other systems too!)

and it said "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again."

How can I fix this?
    I honestly don't know what would cause this, but I will say that my app couldn't have cause that error

Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    This sounded awesome untill it said I needed to install webos Doctor... I didn't want to have to redo all my music and other media which probably included ringtones I've downloaded. I could see using this in the future to remove and repair my Pre, but not at this time...
    You misunderstand. My app does not run WebOSDoctor, it just uses it as a software library to install novacom driver and manage connection to the Pre. No files will be deleted with my program (unless you choose to uninstall an app ).

Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    The first version 1.0 works fine for me on my Mac (10.5.7)
    I believe this is a bug I also encountered on Linux. V1.1 was a bit hastily rushed out, I admit it. I'm gonna have a fix for linux and mac computers very soon, promise (I myself use Ubuntu a lot, heh)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSTAR20 View Post
    I'm new to this so I need some HELP do I download this with my phone or pc cause when I try with my phone I get a hole bunch new windows opening up nonstop
    It's for your computer.
    Installed, running and applications added!

Since we started with Homebrew and loading from scratch, it really makes us appreciate your app and work.
    Wow, thanks for the hard work. This makes homebrew a reality for so many users. And homebrew makes the pre such a better device. I had no idea the number of homebrew apps available.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalfringe View Post
    Is it possible to make WebOS Quickinstall 1.0 available for Mac users for now until this is resolved?

-Roger
    http://sendshack.com/download/31xycvk

Here is the download link for 1.0.

If you want me to take it down just let me know.
    same problem, i connect to the internet. I was on the phone with sprint for an hour and a half and they sent me to the sprint repair center. If i had the web then i would be able to load my profile up!
  11. kjb
    Thanks, works great. I don't see a requirement to reboot. I had to reboot before it worked.
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Keith
    Definetly anxious to see that "How to guide for installing apps like My Tether"!
    Keep up to great work!
    Request for functionality on next, or subsequent, updates:

Can you add the ability to set the default location QuickInstall opens when going to add new apps to install?
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalfringe View Post
    I have the same problem as well.

Mac OS X 10.5.7
    Java prefs are correct
    updated Java 1.6 first thru Software Update and then manually downloaded Java 1.6 Update 4 and still doesn't work.

-Roger
    Same problem here. About to try version 1.0, but heres a stack trace:

java -jar /Volumes/LaCie/Programs/WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Jul 27, 2009 6:51:33 PM org.jdesktop.application.Application$1 run
    SEVERE: Application class ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.theDoctorIsIn(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:73)
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:32)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:633)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Error: Application class ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:177)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:633)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.theDoctorIsIn(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:73)
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:32)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    ... 8 more

Regardless, thanks for the great effort!
    CRAP! This worked perfect like a champ for my phone. The next day I try to do it to my wife's phone and I get squat. It says can not find device and I even tried the run novacom route and nothing.
  16.    #176  
    nil088, as mentioned in an earlier post, Mac/Linux support will be fixed next version, fear not

How can I fix this?
    Hi Tyromes,

This happened to me after I ran WebOS Doctor. I ended up having to get a new Pre.

But the build quality of my new one is better, so I don't mind too much. No more Oreo twist.

t
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    This happened to me after I ran WebOS Doctor. I ended up having to get a new Pre.

But the build quality of my new one is better, so I don't mind too much. No more Oreo twist.
    Building off of what terryg said, please don't run the WebOSDoctor file, just download it and copy it to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar. Then WebOSQuickInstall.jar will run properly
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Don't know if I did something wrong. QuickInstall opens fine and the repair rom file is in the same folder, but when I open QuickInstall and check the about drop-down, it says version 1.0.
    Is that just a typo in the drop down?
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Don't know if I did something wrong. QuickInstall opens fine and the repair rom file is in the same folder, but when I open QuickInstall and check the about drop-down, it says version 1.0.
    Is that just a typo in the drop down?
    lol, yea, 1.1 was rushed and that typo and the mac/linux issue is the result. Which is why I'm trying to get this next version ready in a timely manner but not rushing

I'm surprised no one's asked about the "secret panel" that I mentioned a while ago as one of the places a connected device is required