Page 88 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Thoughts on expanding the style mods to include everything for the phone to completely change the theme? I know we have the ability to do it with root access, but the GUI menu on the tweaks side already shows a hint of what would be a great option!

Side note, I tried the lock screen mod, but wasn't able to match up the appropriate files I had downloaded from one of the other 'theme' threads....maybe it would be helpful to show an example picture next to the "..." button so if your looking at a big list of files you know what to match up???? (Especially when it comes to those pesky section lines!)
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    PS....still trying to figure out why the other tweaks besides style mods do not work. Due to the % tweak screwing up something with my USB detection, I WebOS doctored my Pre...so back to factory defaults right????

Still tweaks do not work right :-( )-:

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    PS....still trying to figure out why the other tweaks besides style mods do not work. Due to the % tweak screwing up something with my USB detection, I WebOS doctored my Pre...so back to factory defaults right????

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    where is the roaming only toggle located in the pre after the tweak is applied?
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    where is the roaming only toggle located in the pre after the tweak is applied?
    when in the phone dialer select sprint on top then preferences then scroll down to network and change voice network.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    jason,

this is AWESOME! 1 request though... can you implement the STATE Caller ID hack into this??!?!??!?!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...calls-log.html

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post

If you really did WebOSDoctor your phone back to factory defaults, you are going to be at Web OS v1.03, which I don't think works with Jason's WebOS Quick Install.

You will need to do the over-the-air updates to get back to Web OS v1.1 before proceeding.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Thoughts on expanding the style mods to include everything for the phone to completely change the theme? I know we have the ability to do it with root access, but the GUI menu on the tweaks side already shows a hint of what would be a great option!
    Once http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...65#post1849678 is complete, you should be able to install themes from a feed just like any other package.

(I'm working with AnOutsider on this, and the resulting ipkg files will work perfectly with WebOS Quick Install and Preware)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i wouldnt mind a tweak to be able to change the carrier string if its possible

why does preware always make my phone say phone offline? it doesnt bother me cause it comes right back but im just curious and when will 1.0.0 be out
    Last edited by jersey221; 08/31/2009 at 01:20 AM.
    i cant find the link to download webOS...everytime i click download it takes me back to this screen, ive tried everything..help. all i was is the keyboard!
    Just a side issue, nothing to major. The avatars within the messaging do not line up anymore with the landscape tweak. Just thought I would throw that your way Jason.
    I'm having trouble getting the tweaks in WebOS quickinstall 2.02 to work for me. I've tried a few of them. After applying the Web browser download tweak my browser ceases to work. I click on the browser icon in my quicklaunch bar and nothing happens. After applying the battery percentage with battery meter tweak, the black bar where the clock normally resides goes completely white. When applying the text messaging forward tweak, my messaging icon doesn't launch the messaging program. The roaming tweak disables the phone preferences control panel where you turn on roaming. The only tweak I was able to get to work is the 4x4 icons.

Anybody else running into the same issues and/or have a fix to this.

Note: All the bugs I got by applying the tweaks where reversed as soon as I removed the checks from the tweak options window and reset the pre.
    is there an option somewhere (or any known app) that allows for the date to show in the header as well? I know the battery % is broke so I doubt it, but I am hopeful! I hate having to keep the Calendar in the quicklinks bar just to see the date. Or am I retarded and theres a way to set the phone to show the date on the main screen???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Would you guys like it if I added a sub-section to the tweaks panel with keyboard options (for those with it installed)?
    Jason, I've been pretty cautious about adding stuff, and I know at one point you were holding off adding the keyboard as a tweak. What is your opinion of it currently? Is the most current version automatically installed through Quick Install? Are there any major problems with it as it exists? I know it's not your program, but I'll be using your program to install it and I assume you're aware of any major problems with it. And will the tethering app be appearing as a tweak?
    Last edited by davidra; 08/31/2009 at 06:30 AM.
    I'm completely unexperienced with any of this and I just got my pre 2 days ago, I was browsing some of the available apps and became so excited but then when I got to where it explained how to get it all going, I just feel completely lost, is there a simpler explanation on how to install for us DUMMIES? I really don't want to jack up my nice new phone!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This still doesn't ever really work for me. I am on Vista 32-bit and the whatever the newest version of Java. It starts fine, but anytime I try to install something nothing happens.

My work machine (XP 32-bit) with the latest Java works perfectly fine. Is there a Vista setting that I missed? Can I make Java run as Administrator?
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    jason,

this is AWESOME! 1 request though... can you implement the STATE Caller ID hack into this??!?!??!?!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...calls-log.html

thanks
    Yeah i like this as well
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    If you really did WebOSDoctor your phone back to factory defaults, you are going to be at Web OS v1.03, which I don't think works with Jason's WebOS Quick Install.

You will need to do the over-the-air updates to get back to Web OS v1.1 before proceeding.
    I've used WebOS Doctor twice. It actually reinstalled WebOS 1.1 both times.
    Not sure if there are different versions out there.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    The new Roam Only feature is worth the donation just sent...very nice evolution of a solid application.
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Getting white screen and blanks when applying new version tweaks. Previous version worked. Any help to get the new ones working properly would help. Thanks

Using the Pre, on a XP laptop. Everything goes back to normal when un-checked/removed.