Page 87 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    im gonna try again and see if i can get it to work. thanks guys for all the advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    im gonna try again and see if i can get it to work. thanks guys for all the advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Would you guys like it if I added a sub-section to the tweaks panel with keyboard options (for those with it installed)?
    YES PLEASE, that would rock, thanks Jason!!!
    Would you guys like it if I added a sub-section to the tweaks panel with keyboard options (for those with it installed)?
    That would be AWESOME Jason!!! I sent a donation yesterday I hope you got it!! Thx for ALL your work man, really its AWESOME!!
    i tried reinstalling the webOS quick install. Quickquestion before i move on after i select it to open up, it asks me what version web os doctor would i like to download. which one do i select. sprint, bell, or emulator.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    i tried reinstalling the webOS quick install. Quickquestion before i move on after i select it to open up, it asks me what version web os doctor would i like to download. which one do i select. sprint, bell, or emulator.
    Are you planning on using the tweaks on your phone? If yes - are you on the Spriont Network or the Bell Network (i.e. U.S or Canadian Pre).

You don't run webOS doctor unless you severely mess something up and need to get to completly stock settings (WOS v1.03).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    well if i could just figure how to update my webos to the version 2.02 i might be able to get somewhere .. what am I missing , can not find any update link !??
    I believe Jason edits his link on page 1 to reflect the latest version? That's what I used today and got 2.02.
  9.    #1729  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    You don't run webOS doctor unless you severely mess something up and need to get to completly stock settings (WOS v1.03).
    Side not on this, v2.02 gives you the option to choose which recovery rom you want to download: sprint or bell. I updated the first post (on the day of 2.02 release) with the manual download link for the Bell Mobility Recovery ROM. Just thought I'd mention for those unaware
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    Im not sure if you guys know this or not but you can add haptic feedback to the onscreen keyboard.!! You can also change the theme to make it look JUST LIKE the real keyboard!! And you dont have to install ANYTHING!! It comes with it in the app!! If you wanna know how just go here!!

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

If anyone gets stuck just pm me ill be happy to help. Ill post a pc of what I mean.
    Not sure if I should use this thread, but since I am using WebOS QuickInstall, here goes:

I downloaded the Virtual Keyboard through the WEBOS Internals Feed (all), but when I atempt to install I get the following error.

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info.org/webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinstr (err 1)

Is there some other piece I need installed before I attempt the v-kybd?
    Irish
    I dont know if it's just me or everybody's. I added the email landscape tweak from the webos quick install and now not only can I read all my emails in landscape. When I reply to it my body of the email goes completely blank not allowing me to text in.. So I disable the landscape tweak and I have no trouble replying to my emails. Weird.. Anybody?

Previously I had enabled message forwarding using this method:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...orwarding.html

Then I restored it back using the same method (above) and used WebOs Quick install to enable text forwarding tweak. it works even better than before.. But somehow the landscape tweak in email is working but only side effect is not able to reply to them. Do you u think one may have conflicted with this tweak?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Um I new here and I've been trying to figure out how do I get to the Web Os quick install link to even download it to my pc. I am not phone or computer savvy and I've been downloading things to my computer all day. I have Vista but I was able to verify Java, I downloaded prebrew, webdoc, and novacom but still can't seem to find how to download the webos quick install; I have even went into the phone and enabled the Dev mode.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am going to need a link to the zip file , I cannot find it for the life of me . Driving me crazy !!!! Plus I deleted all the file from my comp after I had file coaster all set up on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    I dont know if it's just me or everybody's. I added the email landscape tweak from the webos quick install and now not only can I read all my emails in landscape. When I reply to it my body of the email goes completely blank not allowing me to text in.. So I disable the landscape tweak and I have no trouble replying to my emails. Weird.. Anybody?
    I can confirm this bug. I have, however, never installed any other tweak on this, so it can't be a conflict. The tweak in WebOS Quick INstall is just bugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
    I can confirm this bug. I have, however, never installed any other tweak on this, so it can't be a conflict. The tweak in WebOS Quick INstall is just bugged.
    actually this is tru but the only way to reply is if u tap on the subject box then u tap on the replying box where u reply...so yeah it sucks
    Yes! Please... that would be great! My fingers are always a bit frazzled after a hard day of business emails and text on the Pre. Having a haptic fingertip massage each time I use the OSK would help soothe my ills and provide a little reflexology-like rejuvenation. Yes, we work our fingers to the bone, but with haptic OSK we wont get bony fingers!

Sorry, if I sound a bit giddy... I was moving furniture all day and am now gulping down cold ones on an empty stomach til the food arrives!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    I believe Jason edits his link on page 1 to reflect the latest version? That's what I used today and got 2.02.
    I need like a direct link .. So hard to find were I posted and the replys .....uh lol , I am getting emails that have nothing to do with what I posted ... Site is a cluster **** ! Thanks for trying to help me , been trying for 2hrs now. -ome body send me direct links or a dummy script !!!!! I want the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    I need like a direct link .. So hard to find were I posted and the replys .....uh lol , I am getting emails that have nothing to do with what I posted ... Site is a cluster **** ! Thanks for trying to help me , been trying for 2hrs now. -ome body send me direct links or a dummy script !!!!! I want the keyboard.
    Here's the link to the first post that has the instructions: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1778909

Here's the link to the 2.02 version: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar

Don't forget to move the .jar file to the same folder you have WebOSDoctor in.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    Yes! Please... that would be great! My fingers are always a bit frazzled after a hard day of business emails and text on the Pre. Having a haptic fingertip massage each time I use the OSK would help soothe my ills and provide a little reflexology-like rejuvenation. Yes, we work our fingers to the bone, but with haptic OSK we wont get bony fingers!

Sorry, if I sound a bit giddy... I was moving furniture all day and am now gulping down cold ones on an empty stomach til the food arrives!
    You do know you can enable haptic feedback yourself right? It is actually VERY easy. I know NOTHING about linux and I even did it,lol.All you do is edit a file in the keyboard folder thats already on your pre when you install the keyboard. I posted a link a few pages back with the site that explains it all.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    here's the link to the first post that has the instructions: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1778909

here's the link to the 2.02 version: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar

don't forget to move the .jar file to the same folder you have webosdoctor in.
    omg ty !!! Life saver