Page 86 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    went through the trouble shooting guide. followed all steps and nothing seems to work. i never thought i would run into so many problems downloading this program. this sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Let's give Jason some luv (as in $$$), and a moment to take a deep breath!!!
    I donated $10 on the main screen.

I hope others are doing similar amounts or more.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here see. Its as easy as editing a few words in word pad. And the themesd are already on the pre if you have the virtual keyboard!!
    I prefer the translucent variety, but this is damned cool. Thanks for the info.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    just turned on dev mode! web OS is still not picking up the device. No Devise found.Anybody what can be the problem.
    Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting guide didn't work.

I had a similar problem, this weekend, and the cause was my usb cable (extension). When I took that out of the equation, all was well.
    For you people having a problem with device not being found on the quick installer try this....First make sure your in developer mode. Then go to run on your computer( search if you have vista) and type in services, scroll down to Palm Novacom and click start, then it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    went through the trouble shooting guide. followed all steps and nothing seems to work. i never thought i would run into so many problems downloading this program. this sucks.
    try doing this....disconnect ur pre from the computer....go to start (if u have vista) type services go to Palm Novacom...if its on..hit disable and hit start again...then connect pre to computer again....and it SHOULD work
    i can not get the WEBOS Quick install to work
    Quote Originally Posted by govaninc View Post
    i can not get the WEBOS Quick install to work
    If you want problem resolution, you're going to have to put a bit more effort and info into it.

Tell us the situation. Do some forum searches. Read the very first post in its entirety.

That kind of thing.
    So after downloading webosquickinstall2.2 I made a few mods which all went fine, then went to install preware. Preware installed okay, but gave a message that it was not connected... I unplugged and restarted the phone. Same message when I opened Preware. Now when I plug my phone in to the USB, I get no "just charge" or "sync" option. Webosquickinstall2.2 no longer recognizes my phone either. Advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I installed Preware today and everything went smoothly. However, I can't get Quick Install to recognize my device anymore. I have tried restarting my computer and switching Dev Mode on and off. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions?
    Somehow got it working.
    Anyone know how to take off the tweaks that i put thu the webosinstall program, i rebooted the phne twice and the tweaks would not go away,,, i even did a fclean wipe and they tweaks are still there.

When i reply to an emal i can't until i rotate the screen and then rotate it again...then i can type on it.

its frustrating,,i just want factory settings back..HELP
    Go to the Tweaks section and uncheck the tweak you want to remove.
    I believe there is a thread floating around here with several keyboard themes, all of them semi-transparent if that's what you're waiting for.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I have an idea for another tweak Jason. I love the "hide the NFL and Nascar" tweaks, can you add a similar one to hide the Sprint app?
    I did that, it did not go away..my email is acting retarted whenever i want to reply to an email. I still have the percentage thing on top..i clean swiped the whole phone but the tweaks won't go away,,and now i can't take it to sprint
    Then use the WebOS doctor to reset everything, LPerez. That should fix it for you.
    I had the same problem on my Mac. Go to Appliclations>Java>Java Preferences and Drag Java 6 to to the top of both lists. Re-run the .jar, select Sprint, and you know it worked if you see the download dialog, the viola, the app will work

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    tennenho there's not much to 'install'. There's just a .jar file. It fires up, I see the menu for a bit and then it dies.

When I remove WebOS Doctor it asks if I want to download it. I pick Sprint, click OK and then it dies as well.

Annoying as hell because now I can't install PreWare
  18.    #1718  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    Im not sure if you guys know this or not but you can add haptic feedback to the onscreen keyboard.!! You can also change the theme to make it look JUST LIKE the real keyboard!! And you dont have to install ANYTHING!! It comes with it in the app!! If you wanna know how just go here!!

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

If anyone gets stuck just pm me ill be happy to help. Ill post a pc of what I mean.
    Would you guys like it if I added a sub-section to the tweaks panel with keyboard options (for those with it installed)?
    that would be awesome.. keep up the good work
  20.    #1720  
    Quote Originally Posted by LPEREZ84 View Post
    I did that, it did not go away..my email is acting retarted whenever i want to reply to an email. I still have the percentage thing on top..i clean swiped the whole phone but the tweaks won't go away,,and now i can't take it to sprint
    To you and anyone else who has turned off a tweak and its still there after a soft reset, email me which which tweak.

Personally I'm not sure how something would occur given all the files get backed up and such, but at the very least I can help get your device back to normal