Page 85 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    ok, scratch that, i figured it out. it was an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslender View Post
    I'm having the same problem and I've tried everything I've seen recommended in the forums...I need help too...
    Maybe if you listed a step-by-step procedure of what you have done to get it working and then list exactly what point your problem occurs, it might be easier to suggest a course of action.
    Quote Originally Posted by christinax33 View Post
    ok so question.

my list of tweaks is missing a couple of things compared to the husband's list of tweaks.... is there an update im missing or something ? i downloaded quick install like two days ago, and did his just now....
    probably... Jason just released v2.02

sounds like you are still on 2.01

easy to check... go to the menu >Help>About & you will get a pop up window with the version # (and the donate button!! )
    Irish
    can someon make the tweak into an app? i tried to do this way over my head i got to devloper mode but the tweak thing never worked for me. please make it into an app and add to the palm pre not homebrew. thanks
    alright jason....the messaging landscape works well when u open messaging manually and all....but it doesnt work when someones texts u (while the messaging app is closed) u have to use back gesture and go back in to do the message for landscape to work
    My webOS quick install keeps giving me an error. no device found. what seems to be the problem? Can anybody please help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    My webOS quick install keeps giving me an error. no device found. what seems to be the problem?
    Dev mode isn't turned on
    Has anyone else had issues with WebOS Quick Install not recognizing their pre? It was working great for me until I installed MyTether. Now when I try to tweak my phone I get an Error: No device detected. I do have v2.02 of webOS quick installer.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    The message Forwarding is not working for me. When I add it all I get is a white sceen when I pull up my text messages. When I remove it, my messages come back. All the other system mods are working fine so far!
    Last edited by cjay4046; 08/30/2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    The messaging in landscape is not working for me. When I add it all I get is a white sceen when I pull up my text messages. When I remove it, my messages come back. All the other system mods are working fine so far!
    The downloading tweak doesn't work well for me. And it keeps me from clicking on phone numbers and having them dial automatically, etc. So I disabled it. Unfortunate, but I know it's all beta.

The tweak that allows us to go all "roam only" gives me nothing but a white screen. Gonna do a check to see if anyone's mentioned this in the thread already.

I lost mad battery life, while in a mall store, today. Dunno how anybody who works there uses a mobile phone. My signal there has ALWAYS been scratch n sniff, no matter which phone I've owned.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Phone preferences.

phone icon>sprint tab>preferences>voice network
    I can't get to preferences anymore, since choosing that tweak. Gonna untweak it and stick with the ##3836#, I guess. (Not that either would've helped my fubar situation, earlier, today.)
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Btw, I don't know if I got a defective unit or not but...

I bought the retractable usb sync/charge cables from PreCentral and have been using one of'em just fine with WebOS Install. THEN I decided to use the retractable EXTENSION that I also bought.

No dice.

WebOS Install did NOT see my Pre as long as that extension cable was hooked up. I thought I tested it already and that i worked just fine, otherwise (I'll confirm soon). So, fair warning to anyone else using these devices for this purpose.

EDIT: seems defective.
    Note. It seems to be a defective extension unit.
  13.    #1693  
    I can't get to preferences anymore, since choosing that tweak. Gonna untweak it and stick with the ##3836#, I guess. (Not that either would've helped my fubar situation, earlier, today.)
    Please tell me, have you previously modified any of the phone files by hand (or by quilt patch)?
    I installed Preware today and everything went smoothly. However, I can't get Quick Install to recognize my device anymore. I have tried restarting my computer and switching Dev Mode on and off. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Please tell me, have you previously modified any of the phone files by hand (or by quilt patch)?
    I was all set to say "no," because I remember that caused a problem with a previous tweak I tried, but I probably had "data while roaming" enabled prior to this tweak.

No quilting.

I'll undo the tweak, disable data roaming, then redo the tweak. Thanks for the V-8 slap. I'll try to report back afterward.
    just turned on dev mode! web OS is still not picking up the device. No Devise found.Anybody what can be the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    just turned on dev mode! web OS is still not picking up the device. No Devise found.Anybody what can be the problem.
    There's a troubleshooting guide link on the first post of the thread. If you haven't already, I'd suggest giving that a shot. It may save you and others some time and trouble.
    Im not sure if you guys know this or not but you can add haptic feedback to the onscreen keyboard.!! You can also change the theme to make it look JUST LIKE the real keyboard!! And you dont have to install ANYTHING!! It comes with it in the app!! If you wanna know how just go here!!

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

If anyone gets stuck just pm me ill be happy to help. Ill post a pc of what I mean.
    I was all set to say "no," because I remember that caused a problem with a previous tweak I tried, but I probably had "data while roaming" enabled prior to this tweak.

No quilting.

I'll undo the tweak, disable data roaming, then redo the tweak. Thanks for the V-8 slap. I'll try to report back afterward.
    It worked. Thanks.

Now I'm wondering if I had any modified web options that might've affected my downloading because it never seems to complete any kind of download. Gonna try it, again, since the last time was with the previous iteration of the program.

Mad thanks for the brightness control option, btw.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here see. Its as easy as editing a few words in word pad. And the themesd are already on the pre if you have the virtual keyboard!!