Page 84 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfiles58 View Post
    Love the idea of the homebrew apps.....if I could get them to work...I've tried everything...installed, uninstalled, restarted everything....Please help!!!
    Did you follow this guide, step by step?
    I never was asked where I wanted it downloaded to. Is there a website or url I can click on to download? I tried WebOSquickinstall.jar and I don't get asked where I want to save it. I didn't think it was that difficult. I even tried filecoaster and I don't think my computer supported the extension. What should I do next? THanks for all your help Trekker!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    my virtual keyboard wont sow up do i need to access it the same way as the rooted keyboard by pressing the left and right gesture areas at the same time or is there a diffrent way?
    double tap on the right gesture area and it will come up and when you want to close it just tap once on the gesture area
    Quote Originally Posted by robjvela View Post
    I never was asked where I wanted it downloaded to. Is there a website or url I can click on to download? I tried WebOSquickinstall.jar and I don't get asked where I want to save it. I didn't think it was that difficult. I even tried filecoaster and I don't think my computer supported the extension. What should I do next? THanks for all your help Trekker!
    Gotta find your where you downloads are. Either find that or do a search on your PC. You can also try Firefox if you're not already using it. It's easier to find that way in the download section of firefox (right click, open containing folder).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I never was asked where I wanted it downloaded to. Is there a website or url I can click on to download?
    What OS and browser are you using? I'm using WinXP and Firefox.

Go to the very first post in this thread located here and at the bottom of the post, you will see a download link under "attached files."

When you click on it, you should get a popup asking you to either run it or save it. Choose "save file" and then you should have an option that let's you choose where you want to save it to.
    Yep. Followed every single instruction...Keep getting the same message...No device found. Button doesn't even work to allow me to reinstall novacom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfiles58 View Post
    Yep. Followed every single instruction...Keep getting the same message...No device found. Button doesn't even work to allow me to reinstall novacom.
    When you plug your pre in, does it give you the option to choose charge only? I had problems with my USB connection once where it wouldn't read anything and I had to cold boot (completely power down) my PC in order to reset it.

You could also try deleting WebOS quickinstall and try downloading it again. Make sure Pre is in developer mode too.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Not sure what happened, but I downloaded 2.02 and opened the tweaks.. after unchecking the download to web and getting an error, I rechecked it and it reset, figured I was good.

Phone reboots but now doesn't work as a phone anymore. Just searches endlessly for service...not a big deal, but this is my second hard reset in 12 hours.

I'm wondering if I should have undone the tweaks in 2.01 and then redid them in 2.02 from scratch, and perhaps save everyone else the 30 minutes of reloading everything, and then redownloading the homebrew apps and tweaks.
    Yep...I chose just charge....I don't think my computer is recognizing my phone. That's the only thing I can think of....I've redownloaded everything a few times....restarted the computer many times. Followed the instructions to a tee....So lost!!
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    The "downloads in the web browser" breaks the web browser. It just sits there trying to open. Can anyone confirm this, I have the latest Installer? I have a rooted Pre.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    The configuration looks OK. Again the controller reports that the service is not running.

Did you try:

sc start novacomd

If so, did you get any messages other than the 1067 exit code?

I see you are also working this issue over on the WebOSDev site. I am concerned that you may have installed one of their earlier releases of their SDK that replaced some Windows system dlls. I believe I mentioned previously that the SDK is not required for WebOS Quick Install. If the attempt to get the novacomd service running still fails from a manual start (sc start novacomd), I hate to say it - but my approach would be to completely remove all the Palm related software from your system, try to correct the dll replacement problems. Then, once you believe you have everything on you system back to the state it was before you began this trek, do a total shutdown and reboot (NOTE: NOT restart - a cold, power off restart of your machine). Watch for any errors. Check the system error logs using event viewer to be certain nothing odd is still going on.

Another approach would be to restore your system using "System Restore" if you know the date you began attempting to get the Palm software running.

Once you have a "clean" machine, then just install WebOS Quick Install and get it running without the SDK. Once that is successful. Then you can add a current verison of the SDK back into the mix and begin testing the software development environment.
    Thanks for the help. I looked in the event viewer, and the DCOM service gave me errors. It appears my McAffee was causing the problem. It appears it also caused problems with my AudibleDownload, which also didn't work before but is now working. (Maybe it also interfered with Safari, which for some reason could never download a webpage, although FF and IE could). I don't like having no virus software, but a working system is just as important. Thanks for the help.
    I have tried to install Filecoaster v1.1.2 and it will not by Filecoaster 1 or on Webos Quick Install. I reset phone and opened Filecoaster v1.1.1 and tapped download, the launcher disappeared, I open the launch and clicked Filecoaster again and opened Filecoaster 2 and it says "launch application", but it does nothing when tapped. Help anyone?
    ~Love is the greatest equalizer~
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Battery % in top header
    Let's you put the battey % number in place of the battery icon, or next to the icon. The % value is colour-coded and when it's plugged in and charging, the text turns blue; a nice, easy way to confirm your device is charging.
    Can you add a tweak option to have the battery percentage always white? I prefer that look.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK.....I had thought Jason said at one point that the program couldn't determine if there were already tweaks installed. If it does, as you say, that still doesn't answer my question; do I just add additional ones, one at a time, and leave the old ones in place? Or do I need to reinstall the old ones that are currently already on the phone?
    Actually I think what Jason said is his program can't detect other tweaks installed in some manner other than through WebOS Quick Install.

I have upgraded with each new release, and all of the earlier WOQI installed tweaks are still checked.
    Irish
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've tried and tried to download WebOSQuickInstall.jar and I just cannot find it on my computer. I made sure Java was up to date and I am still having trouble. I have tried the trouble shooting tips and nothing. I want my Palm Pre to have these homebrew apps, especially the internal keyboard. HELP!
    you might want to try what I suggested in an earlier post:

If you switch to Firefox, in the options, you can specify to ask where to save each downloaded file. Pick a folder and that is where you will find it.

This is also helpful in making sure the file name stays as expected, ie: a .jar file.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    When you plug your pre in, does it give you the option to choose charge only? I had problems with my USB connection once where it wouldn't read anything and I had to cold boot (completely power down) my PC in order to reset it.

You could also try deleting WebOS quickinstall and try downloading it again. Make sure Pre is in developer mode too.
    I'm having the same problem and I've tried everything I've seen recommended in the forums...I need help too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Those 2 fixes are comin in 2.03, but I'm gonna get release out quicker than the last, like tonight or tomorrow night
    Great!

Will there be some new tweaks as well????

I love the tweaks so far!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Great!

Will there be some new tweaks as well????
    Poor Jason is being beat to death.
    ok so question.

my list of tweaks is missing a couple of things compared to the husband's list of tweaks.... is there an update im missing or something ? i downloaded quick install like two days ago, and did his just now....
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Poor Jason is being beat to death.
    You can say that again!! It's all "What have you done for me lately?"!!!

Let's give Jason some luv (as in $$$), and a moment to take a deep breath!!!

Considering all this work is being down by a guy who doesn't yet own a Pre is most remarkable!!! Let's hope the donations get him into one in the near future.
    Irish