Page 83 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    I just tried using the tweak for the battery percentages and got the white bar. so then i attempted to undo it by unchecking it and my phone froze no the palm screen. it was inactive for more than 5 minutes so i rebooted the phone by doing a battery pull. the phone rebooted fine, but the white bar is STILL there...and when i plug in the phone to my computer i dont get an option to "just charge" or "media sync" or USB or anytying! please help...this is a big deal as i wont be able to undo this without any help!!!
    Just donated Thank you again Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by supamanasteel View Post
    I just tried using the tweak for the battery percentages and got the white bar. so then i attempted to undo it by unchecking it and my phone froze no the palm screen. it was inactive for more than 5 minutes so i rebooted the phone by doing a battery pull. the phone rebooted fine, but the white bar is STILL there...and when i plug in the phone to my computer i dont get an option to "just charge" or "media sync" or USB or anytying! please help...this is a big deal as i wont be able to undo this without any help!!!
    nvm...got it fixed...just had to do a hard reset and plug it back in and uncheck the options and all was good...whew! ps these tweaks are awesome! i cant wait to show off to all the iPhone kids @ work tomorrow lol...
    Ok...I'm sure anyone can answer this simple question:
    I have installed an earlier version. When I go to update, none of the tweaks will be checked that are already on the phone. Do I need to remove them, then reinstall each one, or can I just leave them as they are, and only install the new ones I want to add?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason i almost forgot to let u know......there's a problem with the email in landscape mode....but i notice its when replying to email...when i receive email and i want to reply this is the screen shot im getting...i cant click on the white space to type something...the only way for me to reply is if i tap on the RE:Hey and then tap again on the white space to start typing...is that normal...u let me know

EDIT: i also noticed a problem with the messaging in landscape mode....not sure if i can reproduce it unless i get a text message...but it works like normal when opening the messaging application and when opening text messages....but i think its the part when u receive a text message and u go directly to the text message it doesnt turn to landscape...only if u hit the back gesture to c all ur messages then u turn ur pre to landscape mode....it happened twice to me last night
    i am not getting that of the same in your picture..as for landscape when opening through notification, i havent yet looked through but i will see if i can do so tonight in my free time, that is if nobody had found out yet

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Ok...I'm sure anyone can answer this simple question:
    I have installed an earlier version. When I go to update, none of the tweaks will be checked that are already on the phone. Do I need to remove them, then reinstall each one, or can I just leave them as they are, and only install the new ones I want to add?
    Earlier version of Quick Install? Is that what you're using?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    WORKED PERFECT.. also changed the boot screen to the apple killer penguin,, (awesome) as well as adding launcher pages. Also the clock mod.. all great stuff.. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Earlier version of Quick Install? Is that what you're using?
    Yes, I used an earlier version of Quick Install, installed the add pages tweak, and hid the NFL and NASCAR apps. That was all I added, and it was on v. 2.0.
    Now after the update I'm going to add some additional ones. I will download the new version; the old tweaks will not show up as checked, I understand. Do I need to remove then reinstall them? Do I need to recheck if I want them re-installed, or do I just check the new ones I want to add? In other words, will the ones that are currently on the phone stay there when I add new ones?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Ok, the speed dials got reset when applying the dial tone patch. Set the speed dials and they work again now.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yes, I used an earlier version of Quick Install, installed the add pages tweak, and hid the NFL and NASCAR apps. That was all I added, and it was on v. 2.0.
    Now after the update I'm going to add some additional ones. I will download the new version; the old tweaks will not show up as checked, I understand. Do I need to remove then reinstall them? Do I need to recheck if I want them re-installed, or do I just check the new ones I want to add? In other words, will the ones that are currently on the phone stay there when I add new ones?
    I ran (opened) quickinstall, closed it without doing anything and reopened it. Then all the tweaks I had used showed up correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I ran (opened) quickinstall, closed it without doing anything and reopened it. Then all the tweaks I had used showed up correctly.
    OK.....I had thought Jason said at one point that the program couldn't determine if there were already tweaks installed. If it does, as you say, that still doesn't answer my question; do I just add additional ones, one at a time, and leave the old ones in place? Or do I need to reinstall the old ones that are currently already on the phone?
    Thanks Trekker! Yep, I rebooted and same thing. Also tried it using Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla. No difference. Gonna try it with Netscape but I dont expect that to make a difference. For some reason, I think its related to Novacom but I cant get it to reload.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    OK.....I had thought Jason said at one point that the program couldn't determine if there were already tweaks installed. If it does, as you say, that still doesn't answer my question; do I just add additional ones, one at a time, and leave the old ones in place? Or do I need to reinstall the old ones that are currently already on the phone?
    I left mine and everything functions beautifully. I've never run into any of the glitches others have posted about. I didn't read about the program being unable to determine the tweaks, but restarting it seemed natural and that's what picked them up for me.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I get an error when i try n click on the harddrive looking button. it says "Please connect your device and click ok" but my phone is connected already.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've tried and tried to download WebOSQuickInstall.jar and I just cannot find it on my computer. I made sure Java was up to date and I am still having trouble. I have tried the trouble shooting tips and nothing. I want my Palm Pre to have these homebrew apps, especially the internal keyboard. HELP!
    I have tried everything but the program cannot find my device... I have tried two computers both running xp. I reinstalled java, novacom, webos doctor and everything else. I have tried everything... Anybody know how to install directly to the phone without webos quick install? I just need to get app coaster installed... please help
    Quote Originally Posted by robjvela View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've tried and tried to download WebOSQuickInstall.jar and I just cannot find it on my computer.
    It should not be that difficult. When you download it, where did you choose to download it to? Create a new folder on your desktop called Pre homebrew or something like that and then download it to there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregabel1 View Post
    I have tried everything but the program cannot find my device... I have tried two computers both running xp. I reinstalled java, novacom, webos doctor and everything else. I have tried everything... Anybody know how to install directly to the phone without webos quick install? I just need to get app coaster installed... please help
    Are you sure you used the secret code to put your phone in dev mode? Also, make sure that in webos QuickInstall, under "options", it is set to usb device. I'm no expert, but those were the mistakes I made. Good luck.
    Love the idea of the homebrew apps.....if I could get them to work...I've tried everything...installed, uninstalled, restarted everything....Please help!!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    my virtual keyboard wont sow up do i need to access it the same way as the rooted keyboard by pressing the left and right gesture areas at the same time or is there a diffrent way?