Page 80 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1581  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Good info but I have not done the avatar mod. Never touched it. Tweaks in my attachment in my original post are the only ones I've done and my Pre has never been rooted.
    okay, i will update the patch to do everything for u and put the avatars in the right place, ull just have to wait until jason can update quickinstall

    Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  2. Ecode's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #1582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Airick8055 View Post
    Do these "tweaks" need to be removed before a webOS update like with the OnScreen keyboard?

    Thanks
    Great question.... has it been answered yet in the thread and I just can't find the answer searching?
  3. #1583  
    Quote Originally Posted by Airick8055 View Post
    Do these "tweaks" need to be removed before a webOS update like with the OnScreen keyboard?

    Thanks
    Yes, they do. Just uncheck them on that same page you used to install them.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #1584  
    Jason -- I am having an issue with the Landscape Email tweak... I know others had an issue where their email program wouldn't open at all, but mine is slightly different. When I have the tweak enabled, I can go into email, view my emails, but when I reply, reply all, or forward an email, one of 3 things happens: (1) A new card opens that is just a white screen, (2) a new card opens that has the correct "to" email and the reply subject, but nothing in the body of the email and I can not even select the text to edit, or (3) a new card opens and the reply works perfectly! I would say that #3 only happened about 5% of the time!

    I disabled the tweak and everything worked fine... but when I tried to re-enable, i got that same issue. the only tweaks/updates to the Pre that I have made are via your awesome program...I have not done anything else to it. luckily, this is a minor tweak that there is still the RocknRollHax workaround, but wanted to let you know of my problem.

    If you want screenshots or any more detail, let me know

    thanks again!
  5. #1585  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Jason -- I am having an issue with the Landscape Email tweak... I know others had an issue where their email program wouldn't open at all, but mine is slightly different. When I have the tweak enabled, I can go into email, view my emails, but when I reply, reply all, or forward an email, one of 3 things happens: (1) A new card opens that is just a white screen, (2) a new card opens that has the correct "to" email and the reply subject, but nothing in the body of the email and I can not even select the text to edit,
    Same here....I can't add any text in the reply and sometimes I get just a white screen.
  6. #1586  
    Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but with Quick Install and The virtual keyboard, I am running into an issue where the phone goes offline intermediately. The only thing I have done at this point is to gain linux access and do optware and quilt next steps from webos-internals.org

    I then installed the GNU, Package manager, Preware and then the virtual keyboard, in that order. Once it reboots from the installation of the virtual keyboard, it will go to full bars than the bars will disapear and where it says sprint it says "phone offline"

    Uninstalling everything and rebooting brings it back to normal...did I do something out of order?

    *EDIT* Issue resolved. Reinstalled minus the GNU and installed virtual keyboard from Preware. Phone no longer going offline. Thanks for the awesome program!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/29/2009 at 11:00 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #1587  
    Great....now after trying to add tweaks and checking/unchecking items to try to get them to work, now I am stuck with the white bar at the top (consequence of checking % mod) shrunken icons three across, and my usb isn't recognized anymore which keeps me from deactivating the tweaks i was really hoping to benefit from!

    Not cool....any suggestions out there before I wipe the slate clean???
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  8. jnk5y's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #1588  
    I searched and looked through most of the pages here but haven't seen the issue brought up. I used your tweaks in 2.02 and they worked just fine. The only problem is somehow Quick Install has forgotten that most of the tweaks were installed and has them unchecked. I know what's installed so if there is a way i can edit the code to tell it what's installed please let me know.

    Other than that great program. I've actually gone back and uninstalled tweaks i did by hand a while ago so i could use your program which makes it so easy to install and uninstall them. Keep the tweaks coming.

    Oh and it beats the pants off of having to install quilt and all it's dependencies which i've done but rather not deal with.
  9. Ecode's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #1589  
    Question about tweaks involving images (boot screens, dialer pads). When we got out next update (assuming in the next month or so) - do you think it would be wise to manually change the images back to 'stock' or will unchecking those tweaks revert the images to normal?

    An even better question, is do we really think Palm will mess about with the images in further updates?

    And an aside, in case anyone is searching. I've got the boot screens, dialer pad tone, dialer pad wallpaper, 4x4, and battery % tweaks all done on my Bell Mobility Pre. I did lose USB syncing briefly - but I can't tell if that was due to running Preware or the Quick Install. I think it was Preware. A battery removal, restart fixed it though.
  10. #1590  
    Ive tried installing both in and out of dev. mode, each time it says no device found!! and when connecting my pre i chose just charge...what could be the problem??
  11. #1591  
    is there a ninja install for filecoaster?
  12. #1592  
    Wow... this is the bizniss for sure!!!

    Thanks so much to the dedicated, talented folks for not only developing these apps, but for also putting them in the hands of we "mere mortals".

    of course there are some minor issues so far but considering that I been enabled to go digging deep into my phones OS things are working swimmingly well!!! And BEST of all, its all with a snazzy, easy to understand GUI for a point-n-click guy like me.

    Tweaks so far:

    Roaming only
    On screen keyboard
    Tactic phone dialing
    Stop seeing those cracker jack cr@p NFL and nascar apps
    4X4 apps icons in launcher
    additional launcher pages

    Now I am off to change the boot screen to something cool (teh mma tracker symbol would be all sweetness and light) and play with other stuff.

    Again, thanks so much for the effort. I gotta say that its contagious!! Although I previously lived life dreading any interaction with the "scary black screen":



    I now want to take the plunge. I even bought a Dell mini9 with ubuntu linux so I can get familiarized with this linux based OS stuff slowly.

    In fact, I downloaded the Pre SDK for kicks!! . I am sure nothing will ever come of it, but its exciting to be a part of this growing development and community, even if just as a user.


    Thanks for the apps and the inspiration!
  13. #1593  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    Question about tweaks involving images (boot screens, dialer pads). When we got out next update (assuming in the next month or so) - do you think it would be wise to manually change the images back to 'stock' or will unchecking those tweaks revert the images to normal?

    An even better question, is do we really think Palm will mess about with the images in further updates?

    And an aside, in case anyone is searching. I've got the boot screens, dialer pad tone, dialer pad wallpaper, 4x4, and battery % tweaks all done on my Bell Mobility Pre. I did lose USB syncing briefly - but I can't tell if that was due to running Preware or the Quick Install. I think it was Preware. A battery removal, restart fixed it though.
    Yes revert them back to stock and yes unchecking those images will revert the images back to the stock images.

    Not sure if Palm will mess with the images but it's much safer to have a stock Pre when you do the Palm update.

    I don't have Preware installed on mine but I do have and have had plenty of tweaks since the earlier version of WebOS Quick Install and I've never had any problems with any versions of it. I'm not saying Preware is to blame either, just stating my scenario.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14. #1594  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Jason -- I am having an issue with the Landscape Email tweak... I know others had an issue where their email program wouldn't open at all, but mine is slightly different. When I have the tweak enabled, I can go into email, view my emails, but when I reply, reply all, or forward an email, one of 3 things happens: (1) A new card opens that is just a white screen, (2) a new card opens that has the correct "to" email and the reply subject, but nothing in the body of the email and I can not even select the text to edit, or (3) a new card opens and the reply works perfectly! I would say that #3 only happened about 5% of the time!
    I've only seen #2 but that is only when the "to" is a noreply address. Otherwise, it works fine for me.

    I tried with the Facebook emails that you'll get when someone posts something to your wall. The reply address of these emails is "noreply" in the "to" line of the email.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  15. #1595  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    After installing the tweak for disabling dial tones/enable vibrate, I can't get the speed dial to work by holding down the number on the dial pad.
    Have not seen that with mine. I installed the same tweak and my speed dials work just fine from the dial pad and from the keyboard.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16. #1596  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    okay, i will update the patch to do everything for u and put the avatars in the right place, ull just have to wait until jason can update quickinstall
    That's cool. I just wasn't sure if it was just my device or if others were seeing it. Thanks for your time and great work!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17. #1597  
    I got a question if anyone can help me. I just donated to Jason by the way so dont flame me. LOL If I do a total reset on my pre will my contacts come back with the built in pre backup?
  18. mikeli689's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #1598  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Great....now after trying to add tweaks and checking/unchecking items to try to get them to work, now I am stuck with the white bar at the top (consequence of checking % mod) shrunken icons three across, and my usb isn't recognized anymore which keeps me from deactivating the tweaks i was really hoping to benefit from!

    Not cool....any suggestions out there before I wipe the slate clean???
    I had the same problem. All I did was unplug my Pre, exit out of WebOS Quick Install, then started it back up and I was fine. Good luck.
  19. #1599  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    I got a question if anyone can help me. I just donated to Jason by the way so dont flame me. LOL If I do a total reset on my pre will my contacts come back with the built in pre backup?

    Define total reset? Are you talking about a partial erase? Full erase?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  20. #1600  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Define total reset? Are you talking about a partial erase? Full erase?
    Full Erase, Sorry

Posting Permissions