Page 8 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    V1.1 of my app didn't work? Sounds like novacom didn't install properly. Try following these instructons (even if you aren't on Win7, plz humour me ).

If you used:
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    in terminal, Java should be installed properly. In the right click menu, there should be the "open with" enabled by default. Select "Sun Java X.X runtime", and run it.
    Thank you so much, Jason!

I am running 32Bit Vista...

Novacom would not start after I installed it. I followed your directions, hit some little speed bumps, but, in the end, I got it.

One of my speed bumps I stumbled upon was trying to install Orca. For other users that are trying to install Orca, make sure you choose Complete Install. The first time I did Typical Install I found it not to work.

Now the installer is working perfectly.

Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by andddlay; 07/27/2009 at 12:39 AM.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I've been trying to get this to work, but I still run into

"Java is not recognized an an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.
    Java complete. Check for any error messages above.
    Press any key to continue..."
    This happens when I drag a file to the "Drop File Here to Install Quick App".
    The Java website says that my Java is working; Palm Novacom is in my "Services".

Any ideas? I am in developer mode, connected USB with "Just Charge"
    I'm not particularly sure what you're trying to do. If you're trying to drag and drop ipks into my app. You need to open up my app first. From there, you can drag and drop files onto the app's window and they'll be added the the install queue

Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Novacom would not start after I installed it. I followed your directions, hit a little speed bumps, but in the end I got it.
    For those wondering, we used my recently-posted Window 7 novacom installation instructions to get novacom properly running on his 32bit Vista computer.

I recommend those having novacom issues to try that installation method
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/27/2009 at 12:41 AM.
    How do you disconnect once you've loaded apps? Do you just eject it like you would when it's in a USB state from the lower right hand corner of my PC screen (usb icon)?

Also can I use this program to add "My Notification" v 1.0.3(6/30)?

Thanks in advance.
  4.    #144  
    The only time WeboS Quick Install connects to the Pre is when you hit the "Install" button, when you change the DevMode app visibility option, when you're on the Device Management screen (it also updates battery % once a minute) and on the secret panel.

Essentially if you've just finished doing a transfer and are back at the front screen, you can disconnect your Pre immediately. Just unplug from usb.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I downloaded webos doctor again from precentral's link and got it to work!

Quick and painless install! Thanks!
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Also can I use this program to add "My Notification" v 1.0.3(6/30)?
    Yep
    Will this work with mytether without rooting the pre?
    I need HELP guys!
    I got the QuickInstall program to install, but like many others, it will not recognize my Pre, saying 'Error 1: Connection refused: connect' and then 'Error: No device found'. I tried the program in both 'Emulator' and 'USB device' modes (from the options menu) and my Pre is 'just charging'

I tried going to services.msc like someone suggested, but when I try and start the Palm Novacom service, it says 'Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified'.

This is with Virtual Box and the SDK and V1.1 all installed on my Win XP pc. HELPPPPP!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have install everything on my pre,
    but after it restarted I try to login back into my palm profile,
    and it said "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again."
    I found this funny, because I have 5 bars.

How can I fix this?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Nice! Downloading now to test it out!
    This sounded awesome untill it said I needed to install webos Doctor... I didn't want to have to redo all my music and other media which probably included ringtones I've downloaded. I could see using this in the future to remove and repair my Pre, but not at this time...
    I dont know if this was posted but if you get an error that novacom isnt running on OSX and you have it installed run

sudo /opt/nova/bin/novacomd

It will start novacom and you should be goot to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    This sounded awesome untill it said I needed to install webos Doctor... I didn't want to have to redo all my music and other media which probably included ringtones I've downloaded. I could see using this in the future to remove and repair my Pre, but not at this time...
    This does NOT download the Webos DOC to wipe your phone. Plus, you are not actually installing the doctor anyway. Just downloading it. Quick Install needs some files from within. Your phone is safe.
    Okay - I deleted everything, re-installed using your instructions one-by-one, and it works! Thanks - I'll be making a donation!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The first version 1.0 works fine for me on my Mac (10.5.7)

I downloaded 1.1 and when I open it, it just closes immediately. I double checked my Java Preferences and they are set correctly.

I tried typing in "sudo /opt/nova/bin/novacomd" but it doesn't seem to help.

I also installed webOSDoctor, I haven't run it on my phone yet, but I did o through the process of installing the drivers and what not.

I restarted my computer after doing this as well.

No matter what I can't open it. I am fine using 1.0 for now, but I'd like to get 1.1 working so I can use any future versions no problem.

Thanks for any advice that can be given,
    -Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by ali.fazal View Post
    I need HELP guys!
    I got the QuickInstall program to install, but like many others, it will not recognize my Pre, saying 'Error 1: Connection refused: connect' and then 'Error: No device found'. I tried the program in both 'Emulator' and 'USB device' modes (from the options menu) and my Pre is 'just charging'

I tried going to services.msc like someone suggested, but when I try and start the Palm Novacom service, it says 'Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified'.

This is with Virtual Box and the SDK and V1.1 all installed on my Win XP pc. HELPPPPP!
    Have you installed Novacom?

If you believe you have, check to make sure that it is running. Go to Start>Run and type "services.msc." Once the list pops up, go down to Palm Novacom and view its properties. Has it started? If it hasn't, try going here and following those directions:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

Please post your results in this thread.

Edit: sorry,just read the other part of your post about the services.msc. Please visit the link in this post.
    Last edited by andddlay; 07/27/2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    The first version 1.0 works fine for me on my Mac (10.5.7)

I downloaded 1.1 and when I open it, it just closes immediately. I double checked my Java Preferences and they are set correctly.

I tried typing in "sudo /opt/nova/bin/novacomd" but it doesn't seem to help.

I also installed webOSDoctor, I haven't run it on my phone yet, but I did o through the process of installing the drivers and what not.

I restarted my computer after doing this as well.

No matter what I can't open it. I am fine using 1.0 for now, but I'd like to get 1.1 working so I can use any future versions no problem.

Thanks for any advice that can be given,
    -Tim

I have the same exact issue, someone please help. This looks very promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumm15 View Post
    I have the same exact issue, someone please help. This looks very promising.
    What OS are you running?
    I am running a 64 bit vista and i just got this to work, after trying every other option this one worked, i thank you very much for creating this. Anyone else running 64 bit if you need help PM me or comment here. And Jason i thank you very much for designing this. So much that you have just recieved a payment from me on paypal Thanks again man!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just used File Coaster to Download File Coaster and it worked great.

I used the 1.0 version to download the 1.1, After downloading, the app quit itself. When I restarted, it was 1.1

Very cool
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I'm new to this so I need some HELP do I download this with my phone or pc cause when I try with my phone I get a hole bunch new windows opening up nonstop
    this is really cool! Thanks very much!