Page 78 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Let me get this straight, to update to Web OS 2.02, all we need to do is drop the newly downloaded file WebOS 2.01 into the folder containing the old WebOS2.01 file??
    Yes that is correct. Just Replace your older version with your new one. You don't have to download WebDr again (just make sure both programs are in the same folder).

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    This question might be premature but I just wanted to get some info on updates.

My concern is:

When Palm does finally release an update, should we take out the 'tweaks' that we applied with WebOS Quick Install before we attempt to get the update.

The reason is, what is Palm itself makes these options or what WebOS is calling Tweaks, available and might do it differently.

Would that mess up things?

And of course, this could be a problem because Palm seems to PUSH updates out if some users don't manual check for the updates.

I'm sorry I'm a worry wart, I just wanted to know the answer in advance, if I need to be on alert to take some action.

Thanks!

Rob
    Yes, before you update to whatever update Palm will release soon, remove your tweaks. The phone will download it while it's idle (usually overnight) but it will prompt you to install it. Just hold off on installing it until you remove your tweaks. Once you remove your tweaks and have installed the a new Palm update, check back to this thread to see what affect the update had on the tweaks. If a tweak is affected, you'll just have to have a little patience for the tweak to be revised to handle the new Palm update. It's always best to remove the tweaks as Palm is writing their updates for "stock" Pre's. Not to mention, removing tweaks is very, very simple.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    You're right!!! All donate to Jason, I just did!!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    But maybe the videocam is asking to much but what about a voice recorder??? I always like to make voice memo's for myself!! But I love the text forward!!! Many Thanks!!!
    Hey Jason. Just Donated man!! Thanks for this AWESOME work!!! And I will KEEP donating with all your work your doing!!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    So I never knew that there was a new version of quick install... And wow is it cool with all of the tweaks they have on here now... I did have a few questions abou the new tweak option...

the 4x4 screen is the only option, I have seen a 4x5 screen (the video of the new virtual keyboard). I was told to look at the tweak and get it form there, I only see the 4x4.

Then playing with all the tweaks, the "message forwarding" doesn't seam to work, well it might but I can't get any text messages open to try it out so...

Then I saw some cool stuff about changing the logos, I do know know what a PNG file is or how to create a PNG file to change my logo, any help?

then lastly, is there a way to change the color of the % battery indicator?

But GREAT tweaks, message and email in landscape, new app pages, its great, thanks so much guys!
    Jason, might have found a bug: Not sure if others are seeing this but Text Message Landscape view is shifting my avatar. I've narrowed it down to that particular tweak. I've installed and uninstalled it several times to make sure that's the one (along with other tweaks). I've also done a reboot to make sure it didn't need it. I've tried it with various contacts to make sure it wasn't contact specific and the same behavior resulted in all tested text contacts. The avatar shift is the same in portrait and landscape modes. I've also attached my current tweaks.

I just removed that tweak for now. Just an FYI.

Thanks again, these tweaks rock!

testing.jpgcurrent tweaks.JPG
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/29/2009 at 06:09 PM.
    can i update quick installs from with in the program?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason, might have found a bug: Not sure if others are seeing this but Text Message Landscape view is shifting my avatar. I've narrowed it down to that particular tweak. I've installed and uninstalled it several times to make sure that's the one (along with other tweaks). I've also done a reboot to make sure it didn't need it. I've tried it with various contacts to make sure it wasn't contact specific and the same behavior resulted in all tested text contacts. The avatar shift is the same in portrait and landscape modes.

testing.jpg
    same problem here

I tried removing and reapplying the patch, but it happened again
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    same problem here

I tried removing and reapplying the patch, but it happened again
    dont worry he'll fix it...let him keep resting..
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    dont worry he'll fix it...let him keep resting..
    Yep, no worries here. Rest it up Jason! My post was just a potential bug report.
    I was going to root my pre, but now i don't need to!!!

thanks a million...

Could you, possibly include the virtual keyboard as a tweek?

O, and i will donate, but i'm 16, and my parents just bought me the pre (i live in canada, just came out), and an invisible shield, so i don't wanna ask them for there visa yet, but i will deff make a donation!

YOU DESERVE IT!!!
    ooo how do i forward messages??
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    ooo how do i forward messages??
    u tap on the message u want to forward and hit yes and u just type the person u want to send it to
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Yes I hope there is some bug fixing, cuz the new tweak options are great, but don't seem to work....4x4 does, but all the other tweaks seem to kill the actual app: text forwarding keeps me from opening a text at all, text in landscape doesn't allow the messaging to even open, so hopefully there's just a communication issue to be fixed.

Now I just gotta figure out how to fix the problem I'm having with Preware
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Yes I hope there is some bug fixing, cuz the new tweak options are great, but don't seem to work....4x4 does, but all the other tweaks seem to kill the actual app: text forwarding keeps me from opening a text at all, text in landscape doesn't allow the messaging to even open, so hopefully there's just a communication issue to be fixed.

Now I just gotta figure out how to fix the problem I'm having with Preware
    the same thing happened to me dude....text messages wouldnt open and email wouldnt open either and even for the battery % it showed a white bar at the top...my only solution was to diable ALL the tweaks and do them over again and it worked
    the same thing happened to me dude....text messages wouldnt open and email wouldnt open either and even for the battery % it showed a white bar at the top...my only solution was to diable ALL the tweaks and do them over again and it worked
    All my tweaks work great and I didn't have the initial problems (other than landscape text bug, but the actual functionality works great).
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason, might have found a bug: Not sure if others are seeing this but Text Message Landscape view is shifting my avatar. I've narrowed it down to that particular tweak. I've installed and uninstalled it several times to make sure that's the one (along with other tweaks). I've also done a reboot to make sure it didn't need it. I've tried it with various contacts to make sure it wasn't contact specific and the same behavior resulted in all tested text contacts. The avatar shift is the same in portrait and landscape modes. I've also attached my current tweaks.

testing.jpgcurrent tweaks.JPG
    it is not because of the tweak...the tweak is fine, but if u have done the avatar mod and edited some the sizes then that will happen...i will create a new patch of it that will have it looking like mine and have it looking just right but 1st im working on another thing. so until then...

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    how do u install get jars apps on pre
    is it just me or do i notice that when the roam only hack is on and selected....it doesnt show Ev only 1x
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Disabled all hoping that would help, but nothing. Seems a crap shoot as to whether or not the tweaks will take or not, usually not.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool