Page 76 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    hello, i downloaded your webos quick installer and it isn't detecting my pre. What do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by zain521 View Post
    hello, i downloaded your webos quick installer and it isn't detecting my pre. What do I do?
    For starters, you can try reading the troubleshooting guide which is linked in the very first post in this thread.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Let me get this straight, to update to Web OS 2.02, all we need to do is drop the newly downloaded file WebOS 2.01 into the folder containing the old WebOS2.01 file??
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Let me get this straight, to update to Web OS 2.02, all we need to do is drop the newly downloaded file into the folder containing the old WebOS2.01 file??
    That's what I did....I just let it overwrite the older file.
    Thanks Jason, Rod and all involve this is such and awesome thing you did, no problems here, just standard bugs, ill try to make some keyboard themes this weekend, just been sick here i dont feel artistic but it will see what i come up with
    Great program Jason, everything works fantastic. Can't thank you enough
    Just updated and applied some of the new tweaks, but now I cant open any text message conversation! Help!

EDIT

I unchecked forward texts, and everything is back to normal.
    After v2.02 was posted today, I untweaked in 2.01, then downloaded the new version. I am still unable to open files (.doc/.pdf) in docview that were downloaded from the browser using the new tweak.

Edit: I just noticed that when I view the downloaded file in Internalz, the file size is listed as 1 Kb, regardless of the actual size of the file being downloaded.
    Last edited by PrestonJames; 08/29/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    This question might be premature but I just wanted to get some info on updates.

My concern is:

When Palm does finally release an update, should we take out the 'tweaks' that we applied with WebOS Quick Install before we attempt to get the update.

The reason is, what is Palm itself makes these options or what WebOS is calling Tweaks, available and might do it differently.

Would that mess up things?

Also, for the roam only hack, it says in preferences. Which preferences?

And of course, this could be a problem because Palm seems to PUSH updates out if some users don't manual check for the updates.

I'm sorry I'm a worry wart, I just wanted to know the answer in advance, if I need to be on alert to take some action.

Thanks!

Rob
    Anyone know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by nilemann View Post
    This is a great ap and thanks so much to everyone involved with the tweaks et al.

After switching to the 4x4 icons in the launcher, the longer named icons run together if next to each other. I know this was an issue originally with the 5x4 icons and was later corrected. Can this be adjusted for 4x4?

Anyone know when this will come? I have the same issue
    Last edited by Mononoko; 08/29/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Love the new tweaks but will it ever be possible with Quick Install to fully modd the Pre.. Changing icons, Custom background for the launcher, music, photos. Change the dialer text color. Add my picture in the messenger. Custom carrier string, Custom time color and signal strength. Make the time text bigger.

Whats in the works for the next tweaks? I really don't want to root my pre just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Love the new tweaks but will it ever be possible with Quick Install to fully modd the Pre..
    Give the man time....and donations and I'm sure anything is possible!
    I have uninstalled everything and reinstaled I can not get quick install to work i got it to work once a few month ago to get filecoster but since I cant get it to work. anyone having this problem
    I am running Windows XP and trying to loas WebOS quickinstaller but keep getting "device not found". I saw in your troubleshooter to reload Novacom. I re-downloaded WebOS and also attempted reloading nocacom but still getting same error, "device not found". Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by plants00 View Post
    I am running Windows XP and trying to loas WebOS quickinstaller but keep getting "device not found". I saw in your troubleshooter to reload Novacom. I re-downloaded WebOS and also attempted reloading nocacom but still getting same error, "device not found". Any ideas?
    Have you rebooted your PC? I got the "device not found" error the first time and had to reboot. Also, make sure your pre is in developer mode.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    bug found in battery percent tweak: numbers are off-set vertically when charging
    looks fine when off the charger, but the numbers are a few pixels too low

great work btw everyone, thanks for making my phone better every day
    hey jason...by the way the icon and % thing does work...i had to take out all tweaks and then put them back in and it finally worked...so dont worry

EDIT: also....when i put 4x4 icons some titles that r long overlap the adjacent titles
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08/29/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tajh2009 View Post
    bug found in battery percent tweak: numbers are off-set vertically when charging
    looks fine when off the charger, but the numbers are a few pixels too low

great work btw everyone, thanks for making my phone better every day
    mine looks fine...
    i tried to do the webosinstalled and it erased everything is there a way to get back my info and pics and downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Appreciate the work, testing out the mods as we speak. Thank you for changing the 5x4 to 4x4 icon. It just wouldn't work right half the time at 5x4. On 5x4 I had trouble just moving icons, and tapping an icon half the time would hit the neighboring app. (as a note I removed the tweaks in old Quick Install before upgrading to newer one)

Any plans on adding
    sarah peterman's add avatar to messaging hack and/or the clean messaging patch by acydlord?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-balloons.html

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ger-patch.html

(Second page of clean messaging patch thread has a patch that works with the avatar patch.)
    I'll second the motion for adding the 2nd patch...

personally I have no use for the avatars, but date & time stamps in msgs would be awesome!
    Irish
    this is awesome luv it thanks once again