Page 75 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Its an amazing program. hopefully nothing interferes with the next update and hopefully a themes tweak is added one day. But overall great job.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

I'm problem reading this wrong, but I'm not sure if this is a compliment or complaint post... could you please clarify your situation?
    compliment everything in your update has worked perfect i have no problems at all. i've never had a problem with quick install : ) it makes me like my pre 1000 times more than i already did : )

so do i have to download the updated version if my text forwarding worked with 2.02?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    you are SOOO the man, Jason!
  4.    #1484  
    Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    What does the download in web tweek do if you dnt mind me asking? What does it detail?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1831532

Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    so do i have to download the updated version if my text forwarding worked with 2.02?
    Nope, that means you have the updated version that I uploaded several hours ago

To those having launcher difficulties, try disabling the 4x4 icons tweak.
    - Then download the unmodified .jsjsjs $file$ $from$ here.
    - In WebOS Quick Install's menu, go Tools->Send File.
    - Click the "..." button and select the file you just downloaded. In the empty text box type: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/
    - Hit "Send file" button then soft reset your device. You launch should then be back to normal
    -
    hey jason when i add the tweak for the battery % when i put show the % and the battery icon...its shows a white bar on top of the phone but if u only put the % it works perfectly

- Click the "..." button and select the file you just downloaded. In the empty text box type: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/
    - Hit "Send file" button then soft reset your device. You launch should then be back to normal
    -
    wut exactly r ppl experiencing in the launcher?
  7.    #1487  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wut exactly r ppl experiencing in the launcher?
    I'm not !00% sure, but it seems like somehow people upgrading from the old 5x4 mod aren't being able to change back to the default launcher. I may have misread the message, heh. Either way those above instructions will restore to a clean app launcher, ready for tweaking

hey jason when i add the tweak for the battery % when i put show the % and the battery icon...its shows a white bar on top of the phone but if u only put the % it works perfectly
    Now that's strange, lol. At least the mod is being partially applied. Works fine on the emulator for me.

And with that I'm hitting the hay for a few hours, lol
    Now that's strange, lol. At least the mod is being partially applied. Works fine on the emulator for me.

And with that I'm hitting the hay for a few hours, lol
    have a good sleep bro thanks for everything
    Appreciate the work, testing out the mods as we speak. Thank you for changing the 5x4 to 4x4 icon. It just wouldn't work right half the time at 5x4. On 5x4 I had trouble just moving icons, and tapping an icon half the time would hit the neighboring app. (as a note I removed the tweaks in old Quick Install before upgrading to newer one)

Any plans on adding
    sarah peterman's add avatar to messaging hack and/or the clean messaging patch by acydlord?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-balloons.html

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ger-patch.html

(Second page of clean messaging patch thread has a patch that works with the avatar patch.)
    Here's a weird thing:

Every time I launch WebOSQuickInstall and plug in my pre, it works ok for a while, then my Windows XP suddenly lose the WIFI connection.

If I try to "Repair", it says sth like "Error Enabling the wireless card", and if I go into the Network Connections or Hardware Manager, my wireless totally disappears and I have to reboot to fix this!!!

I'm on Windows XP SP3 Pro and Asus P5W DH Deluxe with on-board USB wifi....
    Hey Jason! I noticed when I put my phone in USB mode there is a folder for virtual keyboard. In that folder there are 3 themes for the keyboard. How do I change the theme? Or should I say can I change the theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    Hey guys, i just successfully installed thos program as well as most of the tweaks. But now i have a strange icon that appeared next to the Ev symbol on the top of the screen. it looks like a phone handset with six little circles underneath it. My phone works fine i just cant figure out what it means. anybody seen this before?
    You have TTY/TDD enabled in your phone program. Open up phone app, click on Sprint (top left corner) then preferences, scroll down to "accessibility" and turn off TTY/TDD (which is a program used to help deaf people communicate.)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    same for me. wierd that others have seemed to be able to get both the % and the icon (but not me).
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

-

Jason & All,
    yes, Jason's fix above worked for me to fix my artifactually crowded Launcher with large 5x4 icons. It enabled me to revert back to the defaut 3 across icons. Then, I followed it up with the new 4x4 icons Tweak in WebOS QuickInstall 2.02 which are great. What spectacular responsiveness on Jason's part and what a great app. Thank you. Thank you.
    Last edited by liv2surf; 08/29/2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    That means the post-installtion script failed. Make sure you have "GNU Patch Binary" installed first, then install the virtual keyboard. Also note, WebOS-Internals keyboard install script checks to make sure all files on your Pre are in good condition, so you may want to undo any tweaks and remove all quilt patches temporarily while you install the keyboard.

That was a bug from earlier this morning, mentioned several times over the past few pages. Delete WebOSQuickInstall.jar and redownload (I uploaded a new version a few hours ago).

That means you didn't download the Package Service that's needed for Preware (as mentioned by the WebOS Internals team, the PreCentral forums, and all over the forums, heh.
    Thanks!!! your assistance is very much appreciated!!
    No Dialer, No internet, No device detected.............HELP!!!

I installed the program and everything seemed great until I tried to make a phone call. There is a blank green screen. Thats it. Then I tried the internet icon. The globe turns white but nothing happens. I rebooted the phone; tried again with same results; then tried to connect to web os quick install only to get error message "no device detected". I have since turned off dev mode and turned back on. Please help

***UPDATE***

- Restarted computer and phone connected to webos quick install properly

- went to tweaks and unchecked "downloading in web browser" = internet came back

- unchecked "silence phone dialpad" = dialpad came back
    Last edited by mind_bldr; 08/29/2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I added the message forwarding and then the battaery % icon and now my phone freezes up when I click on texting icon.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    This is a great ap and thanks so much to everyone involved with the tweaks et al.

After switching to the 4x4 icons in the launcher, the longer named icons run together if next to each other. I know this was an issue originally with the 5x4 icons and was later corrected. Can this be adjusted for 4x4?
    This question might be premature but I just wanted to get some info on updates.

My concern is:

When Palm does finally release an update, should we take out the 'tweaks' that we applied with WebOS Quick Install before we attempt to get the update.

The reason is, what is Palm itself makes these options or what WebOS is calling Tweaks, available and might do it differently.

Would that mess up things?

And of course, this could be a problem because Palm seems to PUSH updates out if some users don't manual check for the updates.

I'm sorry I'm a worry wart, I just wanted to know the answer in advance, if I need to be on alert to take some action.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;1855130]That means the post-installtion script failed. Make sure you have "GNU Patch Binary" installed first, then install the virtual keyboard. Also note, WebOS-Internals keyboard install script checks to make sure all files on your Pre are in good condition, so you may want to undo any tweaks and remove all quilt patches temporarily while you install the keyboard.

Ok, i untweaked everything and when i went to install the GNU Patch Binary i get this error:

An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.2_armv7.ipk (err4)

please help....