Page 74 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Hey guys, i just successfully installed thos program as well as most of the tweaks. But now i have a strange icon that appeared next to the Ev symbol on the top of the screen. it looks like a phone handset with six little circles underneath it. My phone works fine i just cant figure out what it means. anybody seen this before?
    Having trouble downloading updated .jar file. have older version and had little trouble getting it but suddenly the link keeps asking me to sign in (already have) and then downloads the post thread HTML. Am I suddenly doing something wrong?
  3.    #1463  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason its weird....after i added the rest of the tweaks for 2.02...now my email doesnt open...i tap it and it doesnt open...wut do u think it could be?
    I'm guessing the Email in lanscape tweak. Try disabling that.
    HELP !!! i wanna use my pre. but my pc is down i am trying to use a mac will this work? can someone please help me i know a little about computers but please help
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have the webOS Quick Install v2.02 and all the tweaks are not there like forward messaging and some others. Can someone tell me what to do to get them all there
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    hey jason im getting an error when i open up the webos when i click the third icon it gives me two errors saying, error downloading package feed, then error invalid feed url can someone help me please
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i dont know what all you did with the launcher but my work perfect same with forward messeging batt % landscape txt everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm guessing the Email in lanscape tweak. Try disabling that.
    yeah thats wut im gonna do soon i already did the partial reset and trying to figure out if it fixed the 5 minute boot time
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whaddupdoe View Post
    Help, After enabling the tweak for the 4x4 icons, I get this:

Ive also disabled the tweak and it stays like this.
    How can i fix this?
    yes, I also have this problem (see my post after yours).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scui View Post
    HELP !!! i wanna use my pre. but my pc is down i am trying to use a mac will this work? can someone please help me i know a little about computers but please help
    I am on a Mac and it worked fine. just make sure you have both webosDr and quickinstall in the same folder. I just left mine in downloads and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    can someone help me pleaseeee im getting an error when i even try to click on the feeds in web doctor
    i have a palm pre and i run on 32bit.. when i tweak it for landscape text messages it makes my message screen blank when i go to it. what do i do?!
    I am running windows 7 32

I've followed the windows 7 novacom instructions several times and can see novacom in my device manager, it shows that i have installed the drivers correctly. I used Orca, and 7Zip.

When i go to the run option and type in "services.msc" i do not see Palm Novacom anywhere....

I do have the newest form of WebosDoctor (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar) in a .Jar Format in the same folder as my WebOSQuickInstall.

When i go to load FileCoaster (com.palm_.net_.precoder.fcoaster_1.1.1_all.ipk) to my pre thru QuickInstall I get the same error.

ERROR 1: connection Refused

ERROR: no device found

After those two boxes QuickInstall continues to search for my device without response.

I have been working at this for days/hours and hours and am ready to give up...I have tried countless different ways. and cannot get this to work...the nerd in me is under distress, i need help!

-I have also tried restarting my computer.
    -Turning on/off dev mode on my pre.
    -Re-installing drivers from novacom folders

I will continue to search through this mountain of data on this form, but I'm very close to quitting...

Any Help i can get would be much appreciated. I want to be the next to say WOW and congratulate Jason on a job well done!

Thanks, JK
    Last edited by jkruse7270; 08/29/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkruse7270 View Post
    I am running windows 7 32

I've followed the windows 7 novacom instructions several times and can see novacom in my device manager, it shows that i have installed the drivers correctly. I used Orca, and 7Zip.

When i go to the run option and type in "services.msc" i do not see Palm Novacom anywhere....

I do have the newest form of WebosDoctor (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar) in a .Jar Format in the same folder as my WebOSQuickInstall.

When i go to load FileCoaster (com.palm_.net_.precoder.fcoaster_1.1.1_all.ipk) to my pre thru QuickInstall I get the same error.

ERROR 1: connection Refused

ERROR: no device found

After those two boxes QuickInstall continues to search for my device without response.

I have been working at this for days/hours and hours and am ready to give up...I have tried countless different ways. and cannot get this to work...the nerd in me is under distress and i needs help!

-I have also tried restarting my computer.
    -Turning on/off dev mode on my pre.
    -Re-installing drivers from novacom folders

I will continue to search through this mountain of data on this form, but I'm very close to quitting...

Any Help i can get would be much appreciated. I want to be the next to say WOW and congratulate Jason on a job well done!

Thanks, JK
    I have the same exact error, except I'm on Win7 x64
    jason i finally fixed it....well the boot time i havent checked it yet but the landscape email i took it off and put it back and it works
    im tryin to get the on-screen keybored. DL'ed everythin java too.. says no device found yet its still trying to connect to my device.(have it on charge mode) i already rebooted. tried again same thing. i thought we didnt have to have the DevMode for the on screen keybored.. what am i doin wrong here??
  17.    #1477  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    Hey guys, i just successfully installed thos program as well as most of the tweaks. But now i have a strange icon that appeared next to the Ev symbol on the top of the screen. it looks like a phone handset with six little circles underneath it. My phone works fine i just cant figure out what it means. anybody seen this before?
    Strange, I've never heard that. Can you take a screenshot for me? (Orange + Shift + P. The new pic will be in your photos, under "screenshots")

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.S.Hardy View Post
    Having trouble downloading updated .jar file. have older version and had little trouble getting it but suddenly the link keeps asking me to sign in (already have) and then downloads the post thread HTML. Am I suddenly doing something wrong?
    Email me at the email on post 1 saying you need a copy and I'll send you it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor09 View Post
    I have the webOS Quick Install v2.02 and all the tweaks are not there like forward messaging and some others. Can someone tell me what to do to get them all there
    Delete your current WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and redownload, I assure you, the new Tweaks are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scui View Post
    Read point #1, make sure you have all the quirements filled and install WebOS Quick Install. Post #1 has links to various guides that can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    hey jason im getting an error when i open up the webos when i click the third icon it gives me two errors saying, error downloading package feed, then error invalid feed url can someone help me please
    Some people have reported that being a possible firewall issue, corperate firewall was mentioned a few times a a possible suspect for blocking the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    i dont know what all you did with the launcher but my work perfect same with forward messeging batt % landscape txt everything
    I'm problem reading this wrong, but I'm not sure if this is a compliment or complaint post... could you please clarify your situation?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    yes, I also have this problem (see my post after yours).
    Sounds like you have an issue with your unmodified launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Have$ $you$ $previously$ $tried$ $modifying$ $it$ $outside$ $of$ $WebOS$ $Quick$ $Install$?

Quote Originally Posted by jchboy View Post
    i have a palm pre and i run on 32bit.. when i tweak it for landscape text messages it makes my message screen blank when i go to it. what do i do?!
    Disable it. Are you on the current version of the WebOS? Have you previously tried modifying the files (either through Quilt or by hand)?

Quote Originally Posted by jkruse7270 View Post
    The fact it's not showing up here says to me that the installation didn't install successfuly. Is it possible you just haven't restarted your computer since you installed Novacom?

Lastly, everyone, I'd like to restate my 1-on-1 policy.
    If you contact me via PM or email, you must also include the following information or I will ignore it:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

The reason why I do this is twofold: (1) 90% of the issues usually get solved via the Troubleshooting Guide and (2) I tend to get a lot of very non-generic emails like "WebOS Quick Install isn't working, what do I do?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I just uploaded another update. This version fixes the message-forwarding issue.
    Jason- thanks for staying on the case and fixing this. I was able to install the fix, add the tweak and forward an SMS to an e-mail address.

I also see you haven't gotten any sleep yet...get some rest.

Now--- if anyone could figure out how to forward the SMS with the phone number date and time of said message that would be even better!
    What does the download in web tweek do if you dnt mind me asking? What does it detail?
    All I can say is "wow".
    This is a GREAT app.
    All the Tweaks work for me with no errors.
    TY for all that you have done and please keep the Tweaks coming :-)