Page 73 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    I've had long boot times before I figure with all the screwing around I've done on the thing is the cause, it's only occasional and after I've done a lot to the phone
  2.    #1442  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    another thing....i dont have ACE installed well i installed it yesterday and it gave me an error...but now i got Preware and preware says i have it so i uninstalled it via preware supposedly its gone but next time i open preware it says i have it....so i tried it with webOS quick installer...it says i got ACE now i remove it via device management and it gives me an error so i close webOS quick installer open it again and its not there...wut u think happened?
    Try (re)installing the current version then uninstalling via WebOS Quick Install. If you get the error again, please tell me what it says specifically
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    what does the roaming thing do like does it connect you to other towers????and i heard if your roaming then you will have a higher cell bill?thanks for all the tweaks
    and if you have it going do you still have ev-do sprints 3g

thanks jason for all the tweaks and all the time you have put into making this such a great program
    Last edited by jersey221; 08/29/2009 at 10:50 AM.
  4.    #1444  
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    what does the roaming thing do like does it connect you to other towers????and i heard if your roaming then you will have a higher cell bill?thanks for all the tweaks
    and if you have it going do you still have ev-do sprints 3g
    Yea. I believe Sprint's Pre plans support Verizon roaming or something like that, however there are warning about excessive use and how there's the possibility you could be charged more.
    Check out this thread.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Great update, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    same issue here... removing it goes back to normal
    Try downloading his update again because he fixed this and reposted.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea. I believe Sprint's Pre plans support Verizon roaming or something like that, however there are warning about excessive use and how there's the possibility you could be charged more.
    Check out this thread.
    so is sprint aware of pre owners enabling roaming? if they are would i just be able to go to a sprint store and ask them if i would be added additional charges. thanks again..so on other updates will you add more tweaks? not trying to be pushy just wondering what you plan to do : )
    god you guys are amazing
    i'll donate once i gt my new card

cuz i got scammed :[
  9.    #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    so is sprint aware of pre owners enabling roaming? if they are would i just be able to go to a sprint store and ask them if i would be added additional charges. thanks again..so on other updates will you add more tweaks? not trying to be pushy just wondering what you plan to do : )
    I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but roaming is technically allowed, but they "require" you to use Sprint connection when possible. This "Roam Only" options helps people who live in places with spotty Sprint coverage but good Verizon coverage. You can ask Sprint what their guidelines are regarding roaming, though I doubt they realize this hack gives the option for full roam only access.
    THANK YOU! i wait for your updates just like i wait for offical palm updates thank you again. Made the wife and i pre's better!
    tweaking the roam and message forwarding has now made my preference page in the phone blank and i cant launch messaging at all...ugh
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but roaming is technically allowed, but they "require" you to use Sprint connection when possible. This "Roam Only" options helps people who live in places with spotty Sprint coverage but good Verizon coverage. You can ask Sprint what their guidelines are regarding roaming, though I doubt they realize this hack gives the option for full roam only access.
    alright thanks for the quick responses you my sir have made a AWESOME program or what ever you call it...just like the other guy i wait for your updates just like i wait for palms haha.

i just saw this nice touch with how the batt percentage is blue charging and green when off of a charger nice details
    Last edited by jersey221; 08/29/2009 at 11:39 AM.
  13.    #1453  
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    tweaking the roam and message forwarding has now made my preference page in the phone blank and i cant launch messaging at all...ugh
    Then disable those tweaks. Chances are you've previously modified those source files earlier which would cause the interference issue you're describing.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ok, so when i try and install the Virtual Keyboard i get:
    An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)
    but it shows up under device manager as installed

Also when i check the message forwarding box under tweaks i get:
    An error occurred while attempting to backup /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-services.jsjsjs.

and when i uncheck it, it says the same thing except it says restore instead of backup

any suggestions??
    Try (re)installing the current version then uninstalling via WebOS Quick Install. If you get the error again, please tell me what it says specifically
    im doing a partial reset to c if i can fix the boot time bc ive changed my boot logo many times till i found the right one and like i said now my boot time is over 5 minutes so ima try a partial reset and c if that fixes anything
    Help, After enabling the tweak for the 4x4 icons, I get this:

Ive also disabled the tweak and it stays like this.
    How can i fix this?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    (Sorry was writing this at same time as whaddupdoe's post just before mine).

I incurred a Launcher icon problem shown below after application of new "4X4 icons" Launcher tweak from WebOS QuickInstall v.2.02 on top of (without uninstalling) the prior "5x4 icons" tweak from WebOS QuickInstall v.2.01 (Note, I also unchecked the Add/Delete Launcher Pages in 2.02). Below is a screen capture of my Launcher with this problem.

Now I am unable to do anything to go back to the original default or even the default Launcher icon arrangement despite checking and unchecking all kinds of stuff in v. 2.01 or 2.02. I seem to be stuck with the crowded 5x4 icon arrangement shown below (Note: the original "5x4 icons" from v.2.01 has smaller icons and more room between icons. To be honest, this may allow me to better select the correct icon in "5x4" since the space between icons provides no advantage whereas the larger icons may.).

Nonetheless, I would like to be able to revert to original default arrangement or try the new 4x4 arrangement.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by liv2surf; 08/29/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is related but when i open Preware it says: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running......
  19.    #1459  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayniak View Post
    Ok, so when i try and install the Virtual Keyboard i get:
    An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)
    but it shows up under device manager as installed
    That means the post-installtion script failed. Make sure you have "GNU Patch Binary" installed first, then install the virtual keyboard. Also note, WebOS-Internals keyboard install script checks to make sure all files on your Pre are in good condition, so you may want to undo any tweaks and remove all quilt patches temporarily while you install the keyboard.

Also when i check the message forwarding box under tweaks i get:
    An error occurred while attempting to backup /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-services.jsjsjs.
    That was a bug from earlier this morning, mentioned several times over the past few pages. Delete WebOSQuickInstall.jar and redownload (I uploaded a new version a few hours ago).

I'm not sure if this is related but when i open Preware it says: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running......
    That means you didn't download the Package Service that's needed for Preware (as mentioned by the WebOS Internals team, the PreCentral forums, and all over the forums, heh.
    hey jason its weird....after i added the rest of the tweaks for 2.02...now my email doesnt open...i tap it and it doesnt open...wut do u think it could be?