Page 7 of 184 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Jason,

On behalf of the WebOS Internals development team, I have donated $10 on the WebOS Quick Install application donation page.

Confirmation number: 86V88693G7726702Y
    Donation amount: $10.00 CAD

You've taken some of the end-user support load off our shoulders, and we appreciate that.

We hope that you also consider donating some of your proceeds to any other development groups who's published information or public domain packages you have used in your tool.

Well done on the app - it really is a step forward for the non-developers who just want to install homebrew apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ok guy,
    I'm a newbee,
    do you have detailed instructions of how I can do this.
    Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I've followed the troubleshooting for why my "device is not found" but I'm still unable to get it working properly.

I'll keep at it.
    System: Vista Home Prem. 32-bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I also switched to having to get the user to download the WebOSDoctor recovery rom and ask them to put that file in the same folder as my program. This was done as a legal pre-caution and allows better novacom handling.

Other than that no new features. If you have 1.0 working and don't wanna update, ya don't have to. (though future versions will probably have new features).
    i just wanted to say that i haven't yet run the app because i couldnt figure things out, but these directions here solved the problem, however they were not clear on page 1.

now that i know it's going to work, thanks, sick app!
    worked awesome! just curious, does uninstalling from the app assuredly remove all components of an app without any issues?
    I really like this app for installing home brew on the emulator before putting apps on my Pre. Thanks for developing this.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I tried this several ties and it will not work. I made sure most recent java is on my pc, I am running vista, I have sdk installed, and my pre is in dev mode already. I have tried dling email attachment, I dl'd webos recovery rom, double click on jar file, keep getting the same message, "cannot continue. the application is improperly formatted. contact application vendor for assistance." what is do i do? or what am i missing?
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    Yeah, I'm on Windows 7 and will be waiting for some auto installer...methinks this is too high tech for a low speed guy like me, although I would like to try some of the apps...
    For Windows 7, I've a step-by-step walkthrough (with screenshots) on how to easily install Novacom. Should help ya
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    Ok guy,
    I'm a newbee,
    do you have detailed instructions of how I can do this.
    Thanks so much!
    What OS are you running? Windows, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    worked awesome! just curious, does uninstalling from the app assuredly remove all components of an app without any issues?
    Currently it deletes all files inside the app's directory, including the directory itself and has the launcher rescan. If you're using a non-standard program like MyTether or the Terminal app, those won't be fully deleted (upcoming versions should, hopefully), but all other apps (99% of apps released currently) will uninstall properly

Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    I tried this several ties and it will not work. I made sure most recent java is on my pc, I am running vista, I have sdk installed, and my pre is in dev mode already. I have tried dling email attachment, I dl'd webos recovery rom, double click on jar file, keep getting the same message, "cannot continue. the application is improperly formatted. contact application vendor for assistance." what is do i do? or what am i missing?
    Do not double click the recovery rom .jar file. Copy that file to the same folder as my program. Then double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and it'll run
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I've followed the troubleshooting for why my "device is not found" but I'm still unable to get it working properly.

I'll keep at it.
    System: Vista Home Prem. 32-bit
    Same here...Vista Ultimate.....Device not Found...I've attempted every suggestion....except webosdoctor...downloading now
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just did that, even did it over again, same message. I don't know why this is happening to me but this is way too frustrating to deal with. I cannot get this to run on my computer.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    Just did that, even did it over again, same message. I don't know why this is happening to me but this is way too frustrating to deal with. I cannot get this to run on my computer.
    PM'd you
    Jason, could you please help me?

First, Windows: http://forums.precentral.net/1781242-post107.html
    I posted this earlier, but, unfortunately, nobody responded.

Second, Ubuntu: I installed Java and Novacom, downloaded the file, and just have a .jar. I'm sorry I'm not too great at Ubuntu (I hope to extend my knowledge of Ubuntu eventually).

Thank you!
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Jason, could you please help me?
    First, Windows: http://forums.precentral.net/1781242-post107.html
    I posted this earlier, but, unfortunately, nobody responded.
    V1.1 of my app didn't work? Sounds like novacom didn't install properly. Try following these instructons (even if you aren't on Win7, plz humour me ).

Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Second, Ubuntu: I installed Java and Novacom, downloaded the file, and just have a .jar. I'm sorry I'm not too great at Ubuntu (I hope to extend my knowledge of Ubuntu eventually).
    If you used:
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    in terminal, Java should be installed properly. In the right click menu, there should be the "open with" enabled by default. Select "Sun Java X.X runtime", and run it.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    pm'd you back.
    I have downloaded and installed everything. I am runnung w7 64-bit. I have followed the install instructions 100%. Everytime I double click the .jar file it tries to download the WebOS doctor. I have allready downloaded and installed Novatel as per the instructions. Java is also installed properly. The contents of the folder are:
    com(folder)
    META-INF(folder)
    resources(folder)
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Is this correct or am I missing something? the program will not start, it just tries to download WebOS docotor zip everytime.

Thanks for your help
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaFone View Post
    I have downloaded and installed everything. I am runnung w7 64-bit. I have followed the install instructions 100%. Everytime I double click the .jar file it tries to download the WebOS doctor. I have allready downloaded and installed Novatel as per the instructions. Java is also installed properly. The contents of the folder are:
    com(folder)
    META-INF(folder)
    resources(folder)
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Is this correct or am I missing something? the program will not start, it just tries to download WebOS docotor zip everytime.

Thanks for your help
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint should be .jar and it'll work
    Thanks for all your work, man...

I have it installed on W7 x64 (I think) but still get the "no device" error...

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
    ok. I just renamed it to .jar and it started. I'll let you know if there are any other issues. Thanks+
    I've been trying to get this to work, but I still run into

"Java is not recognized an an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

Java complete. Check for any error messages above.

Press any key to continue..."

This happens when I drag a file to the "Drop File Here to Install Quick App".

The Java website says that my Java is working; Palm Novacom is in my "Services".

Any ideas? I am in developer mode, connected USB with "Just Charge"
    It works! When I first ran WebOS I had a small problem. When I hit the Install button to add an app to the pre the program did not do anything. I restarted my pc, started WebOS QuickInstall, Hit the Install button and it worked perfectly. Good Work on the program! W7 was a little tricky and the link to Novacom install instructions on page 1 seems to be broken, but I found it on page 6. Might wanna check the link to the instructions for W7 on page 1.

U ROCK!!!!