Page 69 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I am having problems and I am not sure who the culprit is. I installed Preware (with Package Manager Service) with Webos Quick Install and the KB patch. I then noticed that App Catalog and Updates were broken. Got that both were unavailable and to try later. I did partial erase. App Catalog and Updates worked fine. I installed Preware again after erase. This broke App Catalog and Updates again. I did another partial erase. Thinking this was caused by Preware, I did not install. I installed a couple apps and then installed Flashlght with its service with Webos Quick Install and this broke the App Catalog and Updates. Now, I am inclined to believe Webos Quick Install is causing a problem. BTW, I had Flashlight installed previously. Any ideas?
    im not having any problems so i doubt its webOS quick install
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Just looking into getting quick installer for the mods/tweaks now available. When I downloaded the .jar file it is extracted to my desktop but I don't see any installer (for the installer lol) so I can use the app properly....what I'm looking at is a list of folders: org, net, Meta-inf, and ca....where do I go from here?

I know there were probably questions like this millions of times, but gimme a break....there's a rediculous amount of pages! If nothing else if someone can link to the post that describes the next steps that'd be awesome!
    help me understand... do I have this straight? you don't have time to find the answer to your question that you are certain has been answered multiple times, and you want someone else to search those ridiculous amount of pages and point you to the right one??? instead you decide to add to that ridiculous amount of pages to ask the same question again?

awesome!!
    Irish
    The configuration looks OK. Again the controller reports that the service is not running.

Did you try:

sc start novacomd

If so, did you get any messages other than the 1067 exit code?

I see you are also working this issue over on the WebOSDev site. I am concerned that you may have installed one of their earlier releases of their SDK that replaced some Windows system dlls. I believe I mentioned previously that the SDK is not required for WebOS Quick Install. If the attempt to get the novacomd service running still fails from a manual start (sc start novacomd), I hate to say it - but my approach would be to completely remove all the Palm related software from your system, try to correct the dll replacement problems. Then, once you believe you have everything on you system back to the state it was before you began this trek, do a total shutdown and reboot (NOTE: NOT restart - a cold, power off restart of your machine). Watch for any errors. Check the system error logs using event viewer to be certain nothing odd is still going on.

Another approach would be to restore your system using "System Restore" if you know the date you began attempting to get the Palm software running.

Once you have a "clean" machine, then just install WebOS Quick Install and get it running without the SDK. Once that is successful. Then you can add a current verison of the SDK back into the mix and begin testing the software development environment.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 08/28/2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Sorry, meant to title this "For ccdoss"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmase View Post
    it says: insert the disk that came with your novacom linux, I don't have it so i click next, and says it was unable to install your novacom linux, and I can't get the WebOS Quick Install to recgonize my pre.
    i'm haveing the same issue? did i miss a step/download i have the quickinstaller and the webOSdr and enabled dev. mode... when it searches for my pre it cant connect... help please! email me @ btollliver04@yahoo.com thanks!
    I must be the biggest ***** on the planet... I don't get a Jar file I get a zip file when I try and download...and nothing auto lunches.
    Now it works, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanAbood View Post
    I must be the biggest ***** on the planet... I don't get a Jar file I get a zip file when I try and download...and nothing auto lunches.
    try this:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    For all of you with download problems, I suggest you switch to Firefox. In the options, you can specify to always ask where to put each download. It makes it simple to ensure you are putting everything in the same directory.
    It will also allow you to specify the file extension, and that it remains .jar
    Last edited by Irish; 08/28/2009 at 01:55 PM.
    Irish
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    help me understand... do I have this straight? you don't have time to find the answer to your question that you are certain has been answered multiple times, and you want someone else to search those ridiculous amount of pages and point you to the right one??? instead you decide to add to that ridiculous amount of pages to ask the same question again?

awesome!!
    Go be pissed off at life somewhere else, or be productive and give a decent answer...you capable of that?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool

awesome!!
    Go be pissed off at life somewhere else, or be productive and give a decent answer...you capable of that?
    Pissed??? Hardly! I am laughing my a$$ off!!

Here's a productive answer for you:

Go to page one and read forward... you will most likely find your answer on the first page, but if not, I am sure it will show up shortly after that.

Happy hunting!
    Irish
    My Pre crashed today...please tell me its not from the apps i downloaded 2 days ago, because they all worked fine & i loved them. My new pre should be here today or monday, & I want to put some of the apps on it but not if they are gona make it crash
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Since you have problems even using the search, you will surely have more problems later, and good luck getting anyone on this forum to help you when you pop off with an attitude like that.

Irish gave you a great answer. Follow his guidance. He is trying to help you help yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I am having problems and I am not sure who the culprit is. I installed Preware (with Package Manager Service) with Webos Quick Install and the KB patch. I then noticed that App Catalog and Updates were broken. Got that both were unavailable and to try later. I did partial erase. App Catalog and Updates worked fine. I installed Preware again after erase. This broke App Catalog and Updates again. I did another partial erase. Thinking this was caused by Preware, I did not install. I installed a couple apps and then installed Flashlght with its service with Webos Quick Install and this broke the App Catalog and Updates. Now, I am inclined to believe Webos Quick Install is causing a problem. BTW, I had Flashlight installed previously. Any ideas?
    Maybe (hopefully) I jumped the gun. App Catalog and Updates are now acting flakey after the partial erase. Works sometimes and others not. I'll wait til they are solid before updating patches and tweaks.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so i have rooted, i have installed ipk's via novacom, but when i attempted to install this it did -something- to novacom, now, with the service enabled, it spikes my cpu to 99% and still never works.. it used to work..
    help
    :P
    Is 2.0.2 on its way. I am in no hurry I am just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Is 2.0.2 on its way. I am in no hurry I am just wondering.
    No, it's been cancelled. Mainly because people keep asking about it without reading the posts in this thread that clearly state the status of it.
    Any reason why the webosdoctor download stops at 124mb? I've tried dling it 4 times and each time it stops at 124mb.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    by some miracle I was able to install and get this program to work....even without being able to use search! I don't know how I managed....

Y does it seem that the 5x4 tweak and add/delete page are not working properly? Even one check at a time and allowing the GUI reboot....no luck.

Sometimes the 5x4 will work but others it will shrink the icons, not change the number per page, and the add/delete option is never there.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hhussain83 View Post
    Any reason why the webosdoctor download stops at 124mb? I've tried dling it 4 times and each time it stops at 124mb.
    Could it be your Internet connection? I just downloaded it and got the whole thing in one try with no issues.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the webos quick install and did some 'tweaks' to the pre. I changed my dialer background, lock screen background and change boot logo. After I did that, the phone reset and now when I press on the Launcher icon it does not bring up the launcher page. Any suggestions????

all the other icons on the launcher work, just can't get to my other app's now.

^^^Update: unchecked the add/delete launcher page and it seemed to fix the problem^^^
    Last edited by stevied3; 08/28/2009 at 10:44 PM.