Page 68 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1341  
    Does WebOS Quick Install check if Novacom is installed before blowing it away? I had a perfectly working SDK install and installing Web OS Quick Install has removed Novacom. Luckily my secondary development machine. WinXP SP3 32-bit.

    Had a CMD dialog up with a message "Service Uninstalled" or "Service Removed".

    Opened up webOSDoctor.jar and manually did the .msi install again. This fixed things.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  2. #1342  
    hey guys, I just wanted to check before I do it - is it safe to install "MyTether Installer" via preware? I manually installed it via WebOS quick install, but it shows an update available. Is this kosher, or is it another one (like preware itself and the package manager service) that I should do via webos quick install over usb?
  3. #1343  
    I getting an error while trying to use the ipkg Repository Viewer feeds. It says "Error downloading package feed" than "rrror: invalid feed url". what is going on?
  4. #1344  
    Getting same issue as drewjohn above. any thoughts?
  5.    #1345  
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    any idea why webdoctor will work on my mac tiger 10.4.11, but webinstall will not. dont they both require same programs to run?
    Take a look at my Troubleshooting Guide in the "Java 1.6" section.

    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Does WebOS Quick Install check if Novacom is installed before blowing it away? I had a perfectly working SDK install and installing Web OS Quick Install has removed Novacom. Luckily my secondary development machine. WinXP SP3 32-bit.
    It should check your existing version, and if you have any, and only install Novacom if you don't have it installed/have an outdated version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    hey guys, I just wanted to check before I do it - is it safe to install "MyTether Installer" via preware? I manually installed it via WebOS quick install, but it shows an update available. Is this kosher, or is it another one (like preware itself and the package manager service) that I should do via webos quick install over usb?
    Yea, I did a minor update to the installer ipk so that it handles uninstall better. Innstalling it over top of an existing installation of MyTether Installer should work fine. Both Preware and WebOS Quick Install should be able to handle it equally well (given you have the current version of Preware).

    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I getting an error while trying to use the ipkg Repository Viewer feeds. It says "Error downloading package feed" than "rrror: invalid feed url". what is going on?
    What were you trying to download, which url? Occasionally a bad entry shows up on the feed, heh
  6. #1346  
    Any URL in that drop down box returns the same error for me. Specially, was trying to install PreBrew by going to "WebOS Internals Feed (all)" but "PreCentral App Gallery Feed" also returns same errors.
  7. #1347  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post


    What were you trying to download, which url? Occasionally a bad entry shows up on the feed, heh
    I Hadn't tried any yet. it does this as soon as i click on the icon for the feed. i can choose each feed on the drop down list bu nothing happens (except error message) just shows blank where feeds should be.
  8. colddonkey's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #1348  
    I'm getting the same issue with "error downloading package feed"...then..."invalid feed url"...and just by clicking the bottom box on the right of the program
  9. #1349  
  10.    #1350  
    Quote Originally Posted by colddonkey View Post
    I'm getting the same issue with "error downloading package feed"...then..."invalid feed url"...and just by clicking the bottom box on the right of the program
    Try redownloading WebOS Quick Install from the first post and tell me if you get the same error
  11. #1351  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit computer?
    Here is my setup stats:

    Phone:
    WebOS 1.1.0 (non-rooted)
    dev mode ON
    plugged in via USB with "Just Charge" selected

    PC:
    Win7 RC1 64-bit
    Downloaded and installed: newest JAVA, SDK, Quick Install, WebDoctor, Novacom for x64 installer (using Win7 methods)
    In Quick Install - USB Device is selected as the source (not emulator)
    (Does it make a difference whether you install stuff in Program Files x86 or Program Files x64?)

    (Tried to uninstall novacom and reinstall..but could not find in the control panel...unless its under a different name)

    all is working and opening up correctly...i go to the menu and click on Tweaks in Quick Install and says attach device and click OK, then next says ERROR: NO DEVICE FOUND.
  12. #1352  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try redownloading WebOS Quick Install from the first post and tell me if you get the same error
    i have done this twice already.
  13. colddonkey's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #1353  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try redownloading WebOS Quick Install from the first post and tell me if you get the same error

    same error messages...could it be something with corp firewalls? (my first inclination)
  14. #1354  
    Quote Originally Posted by colddonkey View Post
    same error messages...could it be something with corp firewalls? (my first inclination)
    I am also on a corporate internet connection and laptop right now, if that matters ... though i feel it shouldn;t
  15.    #1355  
    Quote Originally Posted by colddonkey View Post
    same error messages appear. Could it have something to do with corp firewalls?
    Possibly. All my app does is connect to Packages files like this one.

    If you want to manually install Preware, you can download and install this file.
  16. #1356  
    Quote Originally Posted by colddonkey View Post
    same error messages...could it be something with corp firewalls? (my first inclination)
    i was thinking this too
  17. #1357  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Here is my setup stats:

    Phone:
    WebOS 1.1.0 (non-rooted)
    dev mode ON
    plugged in via USB with "Just Charge" selected

    PC:
    Win7 RC1 64-bit
    Downloaded and installed: newest JAVA, SDK, Quick Install, WebDoctor, Novacom for x64 installer (using Win7 methods)
    In Quick Install - USB Device is selected as the source (not emulator)
    (Does it make a difference whether you install stuff in Program Files x86 or Program Files x64?)

    (Tried to uninstall novacom and reinstall..but could not find in the control panel...unless its under a different name)

    all is working and opening up correctly...i go to the menu and click on Tweaks in Quick Install and says attach device and click OK, then next says ERROR: NO DEVICE FOUND.
    I would try and restart the novacom service. It sounds like you followed the windows 7 install procedure by extracting the correct .msi file. Anyway, I would go to your task manager, click on the services tab, find the NovacomD service, right click, and click stop service. After it stops I would right click again and click start service. Do this all while webOS quick install is closed. See if that works.
  18. #1358  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Possibly. All my app does is connect to Packages files like this one.

    If you want to manually install Preware, you can download and install this file.
    that's the link in needed. do you have the one for "package managment services"?
  19.    #1359  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    that's the link in needed. do you have the one for "package managment services"?
    Here
  20. #1360  
    I am having problems and I am not sure who the culprit is. I installed Preware (with Package Manager Service) with Webos Quick Install and the KB patch. I then noticed that App Catalog and Updates were broken. Got that both were unavailable and to try later. I did partial erase. App Catalog and Updates worked fine. I installed Preware again after erase. This broke App Catalog and Updates again. I did another partial erase. Thinking this was caused by Preware, I did not install. I installed a couple apps and then installed Flashlght with its service with Webos Quick Install and this broke the App Catalog and Updates. Now, I am inclined to believe Webos Quick Install is causing a problem. BTW, I had Flashlight installed previously. Any ideas?

Posting Permissions