Page 67 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i decided to uninstall preware with webOS quick install....tried preware to install the virtual keybboard but all i got was an error...and plus preware made my pre very slow and after uninstall acted much faster
    That's unusual - feel free to come to the IRC channel to debug it, or just wait till it goes beta if you're not motivated to be part of the open development process.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Just looking into getting quick installer for the mods/tweaks now available. When I downloaded the .jar file it is extracted to my desktop but I don't see any installer (for the installer lol) so I can use the app properly....what I'm looking at is a list of folders: org, net, Meta-inf, and ca....where do I go from here?

I know there were probably questions like this millions of times, but gimme a break....there's a rediculous amount of pages! If nothing else if someone can link to the post that describes the next steps that'd be awesome!
    Learn to use the SEARCH FEATURE and you can get your answer before it took you to make the post
    Just looking into getting quick installer for the mods/tweaks now available. When I downloaded the .jar file it is extracted to my desktop but I don't see any installer (for the installer lol) so I can use the app properly....what I'm looking at is a list of folders: org, net, Meta-inf, and ca....where do I go from here?

I know there were probably questions like this millions of times, but gimme a break....there's a rediculous amount of pages! If nothing else if someone can link to the post that describes the next steps that'd be awesome!
    The .jar file is the launch file. There is no installer or .exe file. Make sure WEbOSquickinstall and Webdr are in the same folder. DONT launch WebDr unless you want to wipe your phone back to factory/out of the box condition. WebOSquickinstall.jar is the file you want to double-click.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I've tried to find the answer to this problem in this thread, but am having no luck....

I'm getting the following error when I try to double click on the .jar file:
    "Could Not Find the Main Class"

I have the most recent Java, and I'm on Vista 32-bit. I am simply downloading the jar file to my desktop, and double-clicking on it - running the file with javaw.exe.

Advice?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The .jar file is the launch file. There is no installer or .exe file. Make sure WEbOSquickinstall and Webdr are in the same folder. DONT launch WebDr unless you want to wipe your phone back to factory/out of the box condition. WebOSquickinstall.jar is the file you want to double-click.
    No I already downloaded and extracted with WinRar, but am stuck at what to do next.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    No I already downloaded and extracted with WinRar, but am stuck at what to do next.
    No you don't extract it at all. Once you download WebOSquickinstall.jar you double click on the actual .jar file. No extracting is necessary. If you extracted it, download it again from page 1 of this thread and doubleclick the jar file.

If you extratced webosdr.jar as well then you'll need to download it again as well.

Make sure they are both in the same folder (WebOSQuickinstall and WEbOSDr)

Again as a reminder, DO NOT run WEbdr.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thanks to Splmonster coming to the IRC channel, we have found and fixed a major bug in the Package Manager Service which was stopping the GNU Patch Binary package installing on the Pre.

If you were having errors installing the virtual keyboard with Preware before, you might like to try again. Make sure you're running version 0.7.7 or later of the Package Manager Service.

Followups to the Preware or Virtual Keyboard threads please.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    How do you tell if virtual keyboard is installed? How do you access it? It says it is installed but it does not appear in the launcher (even after a reset).
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How do you tell if virtual keyboard is installed? How do you access it? It says it is installed but it does not appear in the launcher (even after a reset).
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ancements.html

-- Rod
  10.    #1330  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    The search feature only takes 5 sec or less to use.
    And for the record, post #1 has a bold link to the Troubleshooting Guide, which explains to to extract the jar, so no searching is really need even
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello guys. I bought pre from bell store, enabled dev mode but when i use webos quick install it says "no device detected" HELP!!!!! I followed troubleshooting
    Last edited by 0xel; 08/28/2009 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xel View Post
    Hello guys. I bought pre from bell store, enabled dev mode but when i use webos quick install it says "no device detected" HELP!!!!! I followed troubleshooting
    First things first since apparently the troubleshooting guide was no help.

Are you in developer mode?
    Hey guys guess wut...I finally got my onscreen keyboard!!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am..
    I am having the same problem still too...

I am running Windows 7 RC1 and went through the guide, Win7 steps, etc etc etc
    It installed ok and can pull up, but when I select Tweaks or anything in the drop down menu in WebOS Quick Install I get the ERROR: No Device Found window....

I even tried reinstalling Novacom...and NOTHING....DOH
    Did I miss something, besides just being a dumb @$$???
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xel View Post
    I am..
    Do you have the most up to date java?

Is Novacom running?

Have you tried restarting your computer? Phone?

Under file options is it set to USB device? It could be trying to find an emulator that is not running.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I am having the same problem still too...

I am running Windows 7 RC1 and went through the guide, Win7 steps, etc etc etc
    It installed ok and can pull up, but when I select Tweaks or anything in the drop down menu in WebOS Quick Install I get the ERROR: No Device Found window....

I even tried reinstalling Novacom...and NOTHING....DOH
    Did I miss something, besides just being a dumb @$$???
    Under file options I would check and make sure USB device is selected.
    Yes, all the suggestions such as that are correct.

Updated Java, restarted both computer and phone, SDK installed, dev mode ON, used Win7 method for install, reinstalled novacom, USB device selected. DID NOT RUN WEBOSDOCTOR! etc etc etc....no luck yet? Sorry to be such a pain but never had this much trouble to get something to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Yes, all the suggestions such as that are correct.

Updated Java, restarted both computer and phone, SDK installed, dev mode ON, used Win7 method for install, reinstalled novacom, USB device selected. DID NOT RUN WEBOSDOCTOR! etc etc etc....no luck yet? Sorry to be such a pain but never had this much trouble to get something to work.
    Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit computer?
    any idea why webdoctor will work on my mac tiger 10.4.11, but webinstall will not. dont they both require same programs to run?