Page 66 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Jason do you know when they are releasing the ipk file
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need to get the files back to a pristine state (using quilt pop) before the package will allow itself to be installed. It does md5sum checks on the files to make sure they haven't been modified before it applies the patch.

-- Rod
    Used quilt pop and removed all patches. So at this point have none applied. Still get error installing when trying to install virtual keyboard using PreWare.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Used quilt pop and removed all patches. So at this point have none applied. Still get error installing when trying to install virtual keyboard using PreWare.
    Yep, you will need to have Linux access and join the IRC channel for us to debug it. It's alpha software.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can someone help me with a step by step on how to get Preware on my Pre? It would be greatly appreciated, i'm kinda new at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Jason do you know when they are releasing the ipk file
    It's in the WebOS Internals feed that WebOS Quick Install accesses from preware.org ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Yep, you will need to have Linux access and join the IRC channel for us to debug it. It's alpha software.

-- Rod
    I have linux access, just let me know where to go to join IRC and I will do what I can to help out.

Thanks!
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I have linux access, just let me know where to go to join IRC and I will do what I can to help out.

Thanks!
    Portal:Community - WebOS Internals

#webos-internals

-- Rod
    Okay so I got Preware, but can't access preferences or update feeds. Also how do I install the virtual keyboard? It gives me errors during install?

Yeah I can't install patches or services from Preware. Whats the deal?
    Last edited by splmonster; 08/27/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Okay so I got Preware, but can't access preferences or update feeds. Also how do I install the virtual keyboard? It gives me errors during install?
    same here i just got preware and when trying to install virtual keyboard it gives an error
    Yeah I get errors when installing patches, services. Won't do anything, i'm gonna try resetting my Pre and see if that helps.
    Great application -- I somehow missed it. Have been wanting extra launcher pages forever without wanting to root. Other tweaks also wonderful.

Could you add the tweak to have the date as well as time in the top of the screen?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Can we install the virtual keyboard with QuickInstall yet?
    Jason needs to add dependency support to WebOS Quick Install first.

Alternatively, you can manually select the Preware Patch Utility (make sure you get version 2.5.9.1) from the WebOS Internals Pre or Emulator feed (depending on whether you are installing to the Pre or the Emulator) and the Virtual Keyboard from the normal WebOS Internals feed.

Third button on the right hand side in WebOS Quick Install.

-- Rod
    OK, I'm going to stop hi-jacking Jason's thread right here and now.

If you want Preware help, please go to the IRC channel. Details listed above.

There is also a separate Preware thread on PreCentral. Feel free to ask questions there.

I won't be answering any more questions about Preware in this thread. This thread is about WebOS Quick Install (which can also be used to install the virtual keyboard - see my previous post).

-- Rod
    Jason needs to add dependency support to WebOS Quick Install first.

Alternatively, you can manually select the Preware Patch Utility (make sure you get version 2.5.9.1) from the WebOS Internals Pre or Emulator feed (depending on whether you are installing to the Pre or the Emulator) and the Virtual Keyboard from the normal WebOS Internals feed.

Third button on the right hand side in WebOS Quick Install.

-- Rod
    OK, I'm going to stop hi-jacking Jason's thread right here and now.

If you want Preware help, please go to the IRC channel. Details listed above.

There is also a separate Preware thread on PreCentral. Feel free to ask questions there.

I won't be answering any more questions about Preware in this thread. This thread is about WebOS Quick Install (which can also be used to install the virtual keyboard - see my previous post).

-- Rod
    i cant seem to find the IRC channel but like u put in ur 1st post i tried to install the Preware Patch Utility and the Virtual Keyboard and got errors installing on both and i did it thru webOS quick install
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    It's in the WebOS Internals feed that WebOS Quick Install accesses from preware.org ...

-- Rod
    so i was on preware.org and saw the ipkg file for the keyboard i was wondering is it safe and how would i get rid of it if i dont want it anymore?and does it work in landscape and is there a way to tell which ipkg is for a certain keyboard?

and it can be installed via web-os quick install correct? and how do you open it
    BTW, this is also not a virtual keyboard thread - there's a separate thread for that on PreCentral too.

Let's allow Jason to wrest back control of this thread for WebOS Quick Install, shall we?

-- Rod
    i decided to uninstall preware with webOS quick install....tried preware to install the virtual keybboard but all i got was an error...and plus preware made my pre very slow and after uninstall acted much faster
    it is included in "JavaForMacOSX10.5Update1.dmg" . can't be installed because it is only for intel 64 bit , not all the intel mac

then ??? webos quickinstall donot work en it intel mac ????

thanks for replays
    The Preware Patch Utility has been renamed to "GNU Patch Binary" to better reflect it's true nature.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Just looking into getting quick installer for the mods/tweaks now available. When I downloaded the .jar file it is extracted to my desktop but I don't see any installer (for the installer lol) so I can use the app properly....what I'm looking at is a list of folders: org, net, Meta-inf, and ca....where do I go from here?

I know there were probably questions like this millions of times, but gimme a break....there's a rediculous amount of pages! If nothing else if someone can link to the post that describes the next steps that'd be awesome!