Page 65 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1281  
    hey Jason I was hoping if I waited long enough this would be fixed in a build but I see it isn't. On my home machine running vista64 when I click on the WebOSQuickInstall file, after I click yes to install webdoctor I receive this error. I've stored the WebOSQuickInstall in Ché >Documents >Pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #1282  
    ok so I start to download this program I click yes to download the other program, I walk away and let it do its thing I come back and there is nothing on my screen and no icon installed. What am I doing wrong?
  3. ccdoss's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I will try to help. I normally run Windows 7 RTM - but decided to try to assist you by installing WebOS Quick Install on another PC here running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3. The installation went completely fine. I did see a prompt, possibly from the Windows Firewall or some security program asking to allow novacomd to access the internet. I did so. Other than that the installation was flawless. By the way, I DID NOT install the SDK. That software is not required to get WebOS Quick Install running.

    So, to your problem - novacomd is apparently not running on your machine and you have removed and reinstalled it at least once. Please bring up a command console / Prompt (we used to call that an MSDOS window back in the old days). Enter the following commands and report your results:

    sc qc novacomd

    sc query novacomd

    Here are the results of those commands for comparison with your results:

    C:\>sc qc novacomd
    [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

    SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

    LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    TAG : 0
    DISPLAY_NAME : Palm Novacom
    DEPENDENCIES :
    SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

    C:\>sc query novacomd

    SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    C:\>
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chris>sc qc novacomd
    [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

    SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

    LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    TAG : 0
    DISPLAY_NAME : Palm Novacom
    DEPENDENCIES :
    SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

    C:\Documents and Settings\Chris>sc query novacomd

    SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    STATE : 1 STOPPED
    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 1067 (0x42b)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0
  4. #1284  
    Can we install the virtual keyboard with QuickInstall yet?
  5. #1285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Can we install the virtual keyboard with QuickInstall yet?
    not yet...but jason will add it as a tweak in (not the upcoming version) which is 2.2 but the next one or so
  6. #1286  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not yet...but jason will add it as a tweak in (not the upcoming version) which is 2.2 but the next one or so
    What about PreWare?
  7. #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    What about PreWare?
    i dont even know wut that is so i dont know
  8. #1288  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    What about PreWare?
    Yes, Preware 0.7.6 or later will install the Virtual Keyboard with no "rooting" or optware or quilt required.

    Such advanced homebrew patch installation is the pinnacle of functionality that we've been working towards for so long in WebOS Internals with the Package Manager Service and the Preware installer.

    BTW, it's "Preware", not "PreWare".

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, PreWare 0.7.6 or later will install the Virtual Keyboard with no "rooting" or optware or quilt required.

    Such advanced homebrew patch installation is the pinnacle of functionality that we've been working towards for so long in WebOS Internals with the Package Manager Service and the Preware installer.

    -- Rod
    where do u download and install Preware?
  10. #1290  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    where do u download and install Preware?
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

    Be sure to follow the installation instructions (which use WebOS Quick Install, so that should be familiar to people in this thread) precisely, and please report any issues in the #webos-internals IRC channel, not here. It's still alpha software, but has more application installation functionality, and has access to more homebrew applicatons, than any other on-device installer.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

    Be sure to follow the installation instructions (which use WebOS Quick Install, so that should be familiar to people in this thread) precisely, and please report any issues in the #webos-internals IRC channel, not here. It's still alpha software, but has more application installation functionality, and has access to more homebrew applicatons, than any other on-device installer.

    -- Rod
    ur link is taking forever to load...
  12. #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, Preware 0.7.6 or later will install the Virtual Keyboard with no "rooting" or optware or quilt required.

    Such advanced homebrew patch installation is the pinnacle of functionality that we've been working towards for so long in WebOS Internals with the Package Manager Service and the Preware installer.

    BTW, it's "Preware", not "PreWare".

    -- Rod
    I have the Virtual keyboard installed through Quilt, PreWare is not showing it is installed. Should I delete the patch and install using PreWare?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  13. #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ur link is taking forever to load...
    I'll get someone to clean the InterTubes between it and you right away, sir.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #1294  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I have the Virtual keyboard installed through Quilt, PreWare is not showing it is installed. Should I delete the patch and install using PreWare?
    You need to get the files back to a pristine state (using quilt pop) before the package will allow itself to be installed. It does md5sum checks on the files to make sure they haven't been modified before it applies the patch.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15.    #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Can we install the virtual keyboard with QuickInstall yet?
    Actually, WebOS-Internals has taken then keyboard patch a step farther and is making it into an ipk file, WebOS Quick Install will be able to install it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mercyswake View Post
    hey Jason I was hoping if I waited long enough this would be fixed in a build but I see it isn't. On my home machine running vista64 when I click on the WebOSQuickInstall file, after I click yes to install webdoctor I receive this error. I've stored the WebOSQuickInstall in Ché >Documents >Pre
    Yea, that's a bug with the current version, unable to handle accented characters in the filepath. Try moving it to something like C://Program Files/WebOS Quick Install/ and then create a shortcut to place on the desktop or on the start menu. I'm gonna try changing things for the next version, but no promises
  16. #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Actually, WebOS-Internals has taken then keyboard patch a step farther and is making it into an ipk file, WebOS Quick Install will be able to install it.
    where's the ipk file for it?
  17.    #1297  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    where's the ipk file for it?
    Not ready for public yet afaikafaikafaik
  18. #1298  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not ready for public yet afaikafaikafaik
    not even for private testing?
  19. #1299  
    i keep getting confused on that thread everyone keeps saying "try it" from preware and stuff.

    not working

    dont know what the f ppl are talking about!!! or i could just not be doing something right..

    i just know i want those sweet keyboards i keep seeing!!
  20. #1300  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not even for private testing?
    Join the IRC channel for alpha testing. The ipkg has been available for some days now. It's an open source project - there is no hiding of anything.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions