Page 64 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Hey thanks for asking! No, I was not talking about service packs as well. This computer is at SP2. Is that a problem?
    No it's not a problem, you should be good to go with SP2.

Has Quickinstall ever worked for you?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I couldn't get it to connect at first, but that was because I thought dev mode was on, but it wasn't. You might want to check that dev mode is actually on. Good luck!
    yes, as i said b4, it is on. i ever tried turning it off and running the program to no avail...then i turned it back on of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by nastinupe View Post
    And yes, you do have to erase the phone's memory to do this and lose your photo's and stuff.
    No.

No, you don't.
    The thread is very long. Can you point me to the list of tweaks?
    Laissez Faire
  5.    #1265  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    The thread is very long. Can you point me to the list of tweaks?
    First post has a link to the Tweaks Guide
    Okay so maybe I'm just computer illiterate. lol. I'm not running webdoctor because I know that will reset the phone. For some ungodly reason, I can't find the quickinstall folder. unless i need to do some more digging. Thanks for all the help..I'll look deeper later tonight when I come home from work. Either that, or I'll just have to wait til apps come live to the catalog. sigh.
  7.    #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by katshadow View Post
    Okay so maybe I'm just computer illiterate. lol. I'm not running webdoctor because I know that will reset the phone. For some ungodly reason, I can't find the quickinstall folder. unless i need to do some more digging. Thanks for all the help..I'll look deeper later tonight when I come home from work. Either that, or I'll just have to wait til apps come live to the catalog. sigh.
    Just right click,. "Save as" then you can choose where you save WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    hey jason how's the 2.02 coming out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    No it's not a problem, you should be good to go with SP2.

Has Quickinstall ever worked for you?

SP2 is good to go then...oh that's good...whew!

Uh, no. Quickinstall has never worked.

any more thoughts as to why my Pre isn't being detected?

***please, please read the following thoroughly before jumping to conclusions***
    I know my Pre is recognized by the computer because whenever I connect it during *routine USB file transfer* (like photos & documents) it works fine.

and yes, I *do* set it to "Just Charge" for the purpose of the Quickinstall app.
    FYI & just for the sake of troubleshooting the Quickinstall problem, I did try all three connection choices given by the Pre when attaching the USB cable, namely "Just Charge" USB Drive" and "Media Sync" - no go...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    First post has a link to the Tweaks Guide
    Sorry, but it does not seem to work. It takes me to this page, not to the Tweaks Guide.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Sorry, but it does not seem to work. It takes me to this page, not to the Tweaks Guide.
    try this
    http://forums.precentral.net/1831532-post677.html

when you are in the just charge go to your computer devices and makes sure there is not a yellow exclamation on 1 of the usb, if its there, try to go into dev mode again make sure is on and even if its on reboot your phone and i would reboot your pc as well so it can purge the exclamation out and then try again, have your phone on charge only then run quick install

***please, please read the following thoroughly before jumping to conclusions***
    I know my Pre is recognized by the computer because whenever I connect it during *routine USB file transfer* (like photos & documents) it works fine.

and yes, I *do* set it to "Just Charge" for the purpose of the Quickinstall app.
    FYI & just for the sake of troubleshooting the Quickinstall problem, I did try all three connection choices given by the Pre when attaching the USB cable, namely "Just Charge" USB Drive" and "Media Sync" - no go...
    What I would do is go to your control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall novacom. It's like 5mb file.

Now, go to WebOSquickinstall.jar and open up options and click on the reinstall of novacom.

I do see that you've tried to reinstall novacom but you didn't list in your writings that you uninstalled it first? I had this problem the other day. My novacom somehow got corrupted.

I also reinstalled novacom (w/o uninstalling it first) and it did not help (and yes my novacom did show up as running but I did this anyway). Jason then directed me to first uninstall it and then reinstall it. This worked for me. SP3.5 corrupted my novacom as my quickinstall worked prior to upgrading to SP3.5. It's worth a try and will help r/o novacom as the source of your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    when you are in the just charge go to your computer devices and makes sure there is not a yellow exclamation on 1 of the usb, if its there, try to go into dev mode again make sure is on and even if its on reboot your phone and i would reboot your pc as well so it can purge the exclamation out and then try again, have your phone on charge only then run quick install
    thanks for staying with me folks on this one - really!
    i checked and there are no exclamation marks on any devices whatsoever...
    What I would do is go to your control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall novacom. It's like 5mb file.

Now, go to WebOSquickinstall.jar and open up options and click on the reinstall of novacom.

I do see that you've tried to reinstall novacom but you didn't list in your writings that you uninstalled it first? I had this problem the other day. My novacom somehow got corrupted.

I also reinstalled novacom (w/o uninstalling it first) and it did not help (and yes my novacom did show up as running but I did this anyway). Jason then directed me to first uninstall it and then reinstall it. This worked for me. SP3.5 corrupted my novacom as my quickinstall worked prior to upgrading to SP3.5. It's worth a try and will help r/o novacom as the source of your issue.

thanks. i tried just this a moment ago abnd afterwards got the same resulting error...
    thanks for staying with me folks on this one - really!
    i checked and there are no exclamation marks on any devices whatsoever...
    is your pre updated to 1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    is your pre updated to 1.1?
    yes
    And I'm assuming that you have WebOS Quickinstall and Webdr in the same folder. Not sure what else could be causing it (I'm running XP-32bit, not XP Pro).
    And I'm assuming that you have WebOS Quickinstall and Webdr in the same folder. Not sure what else could be causing it (I'm running XP-32bit, not XP Pro).
    yes, those are correct assumptions
    need help still...

i got webosquickinstall.jar in a folder with the webosdoctor.zip but I dont see a .jar file

I tried just changing the file extension and also extracting, BUT when running Quick Install it is asking to download WebOSDoctor again...???? WHY?!?!
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 08/27/2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Nevermind, I got it installed...NOW I got it to say ERROR no device installed...DOH