Page 63 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Hello, I need help. I followed the instructions and receive the following message every time I run WebOSQuick Install:

ERROR:
    No Device Found

I have tried all the troubleshoting tips/suggestions to no avail.
    Fot your edification I copy the the pertinant sections from The Troubleshooting Guide here to exhibit the thoroughness of my attempts:

I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two reasons this could occur:
    Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".
    Your device and/or computer are not configured correctly. WebOS Quick Install depends on both your device being ready for the connection as well as your computer being ready for the connection.
    Novacom needs to be installed on your computer. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. Click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    Alternatively, Windows users can manually install Novacom via this method.
    Linux users can download Novacom here. Read this guide if your Linux distribution doesn't use Debian files.
    A computer restart is highly recommended.
    Windows users can verify Novacom is running by going StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and looking for a "Palm Novacom" entry and making sure it's started.
    WebOS device needs to have DevMode.
    This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.
    Some circumstances can cause the the toggle to show as enabled even when its disabled. To solve this problem, disable it then re-enable it.
    Some people report OTA updates reset DevMode. Keep that in mind when updating.
    When you plugin your device, choose "Just Charge"

So to reiterate, I have done everything above:
    • Set the deice to be used to USB Device
    • Novacom is succefully installed and the service is started
    • in Devmode
    • Computer has bee restarted;
    • Pre has been reset
    • In "Just Charge"

I'm running Windows XP Pro with all the latest updates.

Please help...
    Thank you!
    Andy
    btw, i get "Phone Disconnected" when I run WebOSDoctor as well
    and of course I'm connected...i can verify the connection by clicking on the "Safely remove..." icon in the system tray.
    I get that if developer mode is not on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    btw, i get "Phone Disconnected" when I run WebOSDoctor as well
    and of course I'm connected...i can verify the connection by clicking on the "Safely remove..." icon in the system tray.
    Ur not supposed to run webOS doctor ur just supposed to download it and have it in the same folder as quick install
    I downloaded the webos quickinstall a couple of days ago, was able to get apps onto my phone. that was no problem...although I didn't get the zip or anything like that. Maybe I'm a total *****. but I have the webosrecovery tool in my computer. I look at the download history and I do see the quickinstall. Now when i go to download it again, i only get recovery tool. Help.
    I'm using windows xp 32bit with firefox mozilla as my browser.
    I'm trying to figure out where on the 1st post in those bold red letters it says you should run WebOsDoctor, that people keep doing that

DO NOT RUN WebOsDoctor
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Ur not supposed to run webOS doctor ur just supposed to download it and have it in the same folder as quick install
    don't worry, it was just a connectivity experiment...it wouldn't run anyway because of the "not connected" problem
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where on the 1st post in those bold red letters it says you should run WebOsDoctor, that people keep doing that

DO NOT RUN WebOsDoctor
    Ok...it doesn't matter anyhow in this case. the program will not run if the @#$*! phone is not detected...
    I believe the problem with so many people running WebOsDoctor is that once it's downloaded they try to "install" it by opening it. Then the magic happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    I believe the problem with so many people running WebOsDoctor is that once it's downloaded they try to "install" it by opening it. Then the magic happens.
    No magic here...
    I'm running Windows XP Pro with all the latest updates.

Please help...
    Thank you!
    Andy
    When you say all the latest updates, are you talking about the service packs as well? I guess the better question, did you recently upgrade from SP3.0 to SP3.5?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by katshadow View Post
    I downloaded the webos quickinstall a couple of days ago, was able to get apps onto my phone. that was no problem...although I didn't get the zip or anything like that. Maybe I'm a total *****. but I have the webosrecovery tool in my computer. I look at the download history and I do see the quickinstall. Now when i go to download it again, i only get recovery tool. Help.
    I'm using windows xp 32bit with firefox mozilla as my browser.
    Right click on page #1's download link and "Save as" then save that to a directory. Make sure the WebOSDoctor.jar is in the same folder then just run WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Hey thanks for asking! No, I was not talking about service packs as well. This computer is at SP2. Is that a problem?
    fyi, i do have latest Java as verified with the provided verification test link
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Right click on page #1's download link and "Save as" then save that to a directory. Make sure the WebOSDoctor.jar is in the same folder then just run WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    i have a question to upgrade quickinstall what do you have to do cause someone i know has a later version..do you just reinstall it or what
  16.    #1256  
    What java verification link? Which version of Java do you have?
    I couldn't get it to connect at first, but that was because I thought dev mode was on, but it wasn't. You might want to check that dev mode is actually on. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    i have a question to upgrade quickinstall what do you have to do cause someone i know has a later version..do you just reinstall it or what
    Yes, just download the latest version (2.01) from page 1 of this thread and replace your existing one with the newer one. Place it in the same folder with WebDoctor (no you don't have to download Webdr again).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes, just download the latest version (2.01) from page 1 of this thread and replace your existing one with the newer one. Place it in the same folder with WebDoctor (no you don't have to download Webdr again).
    thank you for the quick reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    What java verification link? Which version of Java do you have?
    This one:
    Step 1: Check your Java
    Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed onto your PC. By going to the Java Verification Page, you can test your system. If you aren't up to date, download the latest version available and then proceed to step 2.
    here are my results:

Verifying Java Version
    Congratulations!
    You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 15).