Page 61 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1201  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it doesnt work for me either
    lol, strangely enough, it worked for me on the emulator earlier tonight but I just tried again and had issues

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason, question:

Since I first installed the tweaks @ 2 weeks ago, I had not gone back to connect to quick install. I tried today and I'm getting the no device found error? (I'm still looking into this) but the only major change to PC (XP-32bit) was going from SP3.0 to SP3.5 about 3 days ago. Could there be any correlation between the two?

I'm still checking various things but I have double/triple checked the following:

Java: Version 6 update 15 (build 1.6.0_15-b03)
    WebOS Quick Install: 2.01
    Novacom: running
    WebDr: Has not moved folders (same folder with Quick Install) [even downloaded it again to make sure an update hadn't passed my by]
    Service Pack: Previously 3.0 (initial quick install worked every time), Currently SP 3.5 (has not worked with this version, coincidence?)

I'm still looking into things....... Thanks.
    O.o that's strange. It's possible the service pack messed up the installation of novacom. try going to add/remove programs and uninstall "novacomd" then reinstall
    Yep, might be it. Just checked novacom -l thru the cmd prompt and it said "novacom is not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file."

Going to uninstall it now........ will update shortly.....

Update
    That's what it was. Somehow SP3.5 corrupted novacom. Just uninstalled it and reinstalled it and all is good!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/26/2009 at 10:28 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    lol, strangely enough, it worked for me on the emulator earlier tonight but I just tried again and had issues
    i already uninstalled it....will there be a update from u or rhong?
    Ok... I hate to *****, but this **** is just stupid. I bought this damn phone to make my life easier, not sit here for hours trying to figure out how to down load an app to down load an app to down load an app to up load an app to erase my damn phone to down load an app.

All I have accomplished is ****ing up my phone, erasing my pictures, losing my FB connections that took me hours to connect.

WTF, its a damn app, not computer programming. I see freaking 7 year olds down loading apps on other phones, why must I risk destroying my personal computer and phone with beta **** just to down load a calorie counter?

Now I feel like an ***** because I have went backwards and have to spend time reconfiguring my damn phone tomorrow.

Maybe you guys enjoy spending time tinkering with a phone all night, but I have a damn job and need my free time for my family and children. I don't see how in the hell you can sit here and get excited about screwing up your phones just to down load tetris. This is freaking stupid!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nastinupe View Post
    Ok... I hate to *****, but this **** is just stupid. I bought this damn phone to make my life easier, not sit here for hours trying to figure out how to down load an app to down load an app to down load an app to up load an app to erase my damn phone to down load an app.

All I have accomplished is ****ing up my phone, erasing my pictures, losing my FB connections that took me hours to connect.

WTF, its a damn app, not computer programming. I see freaking 7 year olds down loading apps on other phones, why must I risk destroying my personal computer and phone with beta **** just to down load a calorie counter?

Now I feel like an ***** because I have went backwards and have to spend time reconfiguring my damn phone tomorrow.

Maybe you guys enjoy spending time tinkering with a phone all night, but I have a damn job and need my free time for my family and children. I don't see how in the hell you can sit here and get excited about screwing up your phones just to down load tetris. This is freaking stupid!!!
    another troll...
    another troll...

+1 Must be a full moon.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I had the same error with Windows XP. I believe the problem is because Java wants to be started with a -jar command line option, and manually telling it that javaw.exe is the program to use to open a .jar file does not do that.

For Windows XP the solution seems to be:
    * Go to Tools/File Options
    * Click the File Types tab
    * Wait a long time for the list to appear because Windows is really bad at managing file types
    * Find JAR on the list of extensions, and click on it to select it
    * If you have a button labeled "Restore", click it. This throws away the invalid file association that was set up. If Java is installed correctly, you should now be able to just double-click the .JAR file to run it.
    * If not... if you didn't have a Restore button, or if you clicked it, you should now have a button labeled "Advanced". Click it. You should see the file type listed as "Executable Jar File", and in the Actions list there will be only one entry, "open". Click the Edit button. The settings here should be:
    Action: open
    Application used to perform action: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
    Use DDE: make sure this box is checked
    DDE message: leave this blank
    Application: javaw
    DDE Application Not Running: leave this blank
    Topic: System

Then click OK, OK, and OK one more time to get out.

Another thing to try if you have Java troubles is to go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and delete any old versions of Java. I'm not sure why Sun thought it was a good idea to patch all the security holes in their software, but then conveniently keep the old buggy insecure version right there where it manages to screw things up. (Maybe this idea came from the same people who came up with their inane version numbering scheme?) But having multiple Java versions will in fact break some Java apps.

Also, I just want to say that I read all 29 pages of this thread to see if anyone had answered this question. I strongly advocate revising the FAQ, repost the original post plus FAQ, and throw away the rest of the thread which is so cluttered it is painful.
    I was hoping finally to find help with this same problem but on Vista (32 bit) but this solution doesnt apply to Vista. I can get to the file type associations page in Vista but there is not advanced (or any for that matter) options buttons anywhere for the file types. I am still have constant issues getting this damn file to open!
    Wow, I hadn't considered that option, ironically, lol. Yea, I'd love that if that's fine with you
    This is now done: http://twitter.com/webosinternals/status/3571947549

" Canuck Software added to open preware.org feeds (http://bit.ly/52YA2) and latest Preware app (http://bit.ly/1dQ5iT) "

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

If you are too dense to follow relatively straightforward directions, you really shouldn't be messing with your phone. Nobody made you do anything. If you erased your phone, it's because of YOUR inability to follow VERY CLEAR and SIMPLE DIRECTIONS. I, like most others on here, have a job and a family and can't spend a lot of time messing with my phone. THAT'S WHY WHAT JASON HAS DONE IS SO AWESOME! It takes MINUTES to install this program and MINUTES to install other apps using this program or filecoaster (which I installed with this program!!). For future trolls, if you have a problem, it's because you're probably an *****. Don't blame the developers.
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcounttoday View Post
    I was hoping finally to find help with this same problem but on Vista (32 bit) but this solution doesnt apply to Vista. I can get to the file type associations page in Vista but there is not advanced (or any for that matter) options buttons anywhere for the file types. I am still have constant issues getting this damn file to open!
    Easiest thing for you would probably be to just reinstall Java
    hey jason....ur the only one that i havent donated to yet....is there a link i can donate....bc from all the apps....urs has to be the top of the line!!
    ok, i can't figure out how to install webOS quick install. please help me!!!
    hey jason....ur the only one that i havent donated to yet....is there a link i can donate....bc from all the apps....urs has to be the top of the line!!
    Page 1
    Irish
    Easiest thing for you would probably be to just reinstall Java
    That was the first thing I did. Totally removed Java from my system and re-installed. rebooted several times, still no luck

I wish I had a job. We're so jealous of you. Then maybe we'd have enough money to buy a Palm Pre...

Oh. Wait.

We do, don't we?

Gdial Pro is hardly Tetris. Hospitals can call me about my patients and not have my personal number, without me having to carry a second device for work.

And if you erased your phone, you're a moron who doesn't read instructions and comprehend them.

A-hole.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Probably the same guy as before just made a new username. Anyways, Jason love your application looking forward to the 2.02 release.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Can ANYONE help me? I've asked and asked the same thing and still haven't gotten a response. I've followed just about every suggestion for troubleshooting on here. Novacom simply refuses to work for me. Yes, I've done the orca jar modification.

I'm running Windows XP, 32-bit system.

I went to the command prompt and typed "novacom -l". I get "failed to connect to server"

When I try to install novacom, I get
    "ControlService Failed
    Service Removed"

Path to executable:

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

Checked Windows File explorer, and that path is indeed there.

Checked in Add/Remove programs, and Novacomd is back there (meaning my reinstall worked...it did nothing before, I guess because novacom was already there).

Checked the version and it is Novacom Palm 1.0.33

Please help. I can't install anything or do any developing.
    Commeeee onnnnnn new version!
    Can't wait for some roam only action!
    I have a treat for everyone.

I've talked to both rhong and aonic, the developers of AutoCorrect Edit and MyTether respectively. Took a while to get in contact with aonic as he was on vacation, but the good news is both developers have committed to making their apps WebOS Quick Install-capable, thus ensuring their apps get installed safely and properly, without rooting. Essentially, "rooting required" apps are gone! A thing of the past! WOOT!!

Until they get out updated versions, I've created these installer ipk files which work in WebOS Quick Install v2.01

MyTether 1.5 Installer

AutoCorrect Edit Installer

IMPORTANT: In WebOS Quick Install's Device Management panel, you'll see both the installer, the service, and main app for each of the above installers. If you want to uninstall the app/service, you must tap the installer and choose to uninstall that.

Due to a bug in WebOS Quick Install, the service and app entries in the list will remain. Just ignore them (they're actually uninstalled, just WebOS Quick Install hasn't rescanned to know that) and close Device Management.

Enjoy!

Sorry new to this whole Quick Install thing.
    I have Win7 RC1 OS and followed the directions on the web. Also I installed Java 1.6 new and then downloaded the .jar file and also the webdoctor.jar and put in the same folder. BUT now everytime I run the quickinstall.jar file all it does is say it needs to download webdoctor to run....did i miss something?

HELP!!! Guess I need someone to hold my little hand and walk across the street....i feel so dumb.

Thanks, and btw great work...love that there is a chance of not rooting and get all the customization I like.
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 08/27/2009 at 08:55 AM.
    question:
    is it cool to update the Package Manager Service via Preware?

Additionally, can preware itself be updated via preware in the future? I really hate having to go into the next room to unplug my usb cable from my touchstone and the wall to plug my (wi-fi enabled, bluetooth enabled) cell phone into my laptop.