Page 59 of 184 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1161  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    how does this work exactly...i already downloaded the autocorrect one and installed it via webOS quick install....it installed on my pre but it doesnt work
    What doesn't work exactly? Does it not let you into the app? Does it not install for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    I did it just lik that....coulb it be my image 320480...?...thankz also....
    320x480 are the correct image dimensions. Are your images .png files?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    320x480 are the correct image dimensions. Are your images .png files?
    Yep.use paint.net to make them save az png.... It show my logo..then palm..an back to mine..palm logo show up only lik 10sec.......
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Ok....could thiz be why..I got my image off fun4mobile then used paint.net to save as png file
    I'm trying to download the WEB OS install and everytime i click on it it brings me back to the forum page what am i doing wrong
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jali View Post
    I'm trying to download the WEB OS install and everytime i click on it it brings me back to the forum page what am i doing wrong
    Are you clicking on the .jar file at the very bottom of Jason's first post in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    Ok....could thiz be why..I got my image off fun4mobile then used paint.net to save as png file
    Yep, probable cause. Try one from the forums (click link below)

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1840045
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/26/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm working with egaudet to get the virtual keyboard packaged into an ipkg that both WebOS Quick Install and the new Preware 0.7.x can install.

I'd say it will be ready within a week.

-- Rod
    NICE! Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Palm_FTW; 08/26/2009 at 05:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Achill3s;1848545]Yep, probable cause. Try one from the forums (click link below) just to make sure that it works for you:

[url]

kool,kool.....thankz alot....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    What doesn't work exactly? Does it not let you into the app? Does it not install for you?
    it installs and it opens....and i even add the fyi= for your information and i go to a text message and put fyi and it just leaves it fyi...hows this supposed to work?
    so this installs the app and the service in this 1 ipk file?
  12.    #1172  
    it installs and it opens....and i even add the fyi= for your information and i go to a text message and put fyi and it just leaves it fyi...hows this supposed to work?
    I'll look into it. I'm currently PMing back and forth with rhong about it myself.

so this installs the app and the service in this 1 ipk file?
    It's an installer. It downloads, installs, and sets up the service, and downloads and installs the app.
    I'll look into it. I'm currently PMing back and forth with rhong about it myself.
    yeah bc i installed it and when i go into device management i c the app there and the supposedly the service called webOS internals services...bc i do have my tether service flashlight service and ur file mngr service so im guessing the webOS internals services is wut powers autocorrect but i dont know its just not working so for now im gonna uninstall it bc its just not working
    my tethering works perfect wi-fi and usb, could not test bluetooth, apparently i snap a piece of my usb bt Oops!
  15.    #1175  
    yeah bc i installed it and when i go into device management i c the app there and the supposedly the service called webOS internals services...bc i do have my tether service flashlight service and ur file mngr service so im guessing the webOS internals services is wut powers autocorrect but i dont know its just not working so for now im gonna uninstall it bc its just not working
    I figured out whats wrong and I'm uploading a new AutoCorrect Edit Installer ipk as we speak.

For uninstalling AutoCorrect Edit, in Device Management, uninstall "ACE Installer". Do not touch the WebOS-Internals Service entry. After uninstalling "ACE Installer", close Device Management the re-open it and you'll see the webos-internals one is gone

EDIT: updated the original link with the new version. Keep in mind changes to the AutoCorrect dictionary require a reboot of your device for changes to take effect
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/26/2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Jason, can you expand your comments about the danger of the "donated installer" version of My Tether for those of us that have been using it. It's version 2.1; the version that we can install through your program is 1.5. What are the risks of the previously installed version?
    Jason, thanks so much for this. However, I can't seem to get it to work! I'm assuming I'm not doing something right?

I've got latest version of both the ace and my tether, java 1.6 and latest version of quick install.

I install the installer IPKs.. then what? I let it sit for a while, unplugged, tried rebooting..nothing showing up.

What am I missing?

Thanks for al your hard work and taking the time to help everyone out with getting it working.
    also, when in device manager i see the installers but dont see service or apps.
  19.    #1179  
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    I've got latest version of both the ace and my tether, java 1.6 and latest version of quick install.

I install the installer IPKs.. then what? I let it sit for a while, unplugged, tried rebooting..nothing showing up.

What am I missing?
    Make sure you aren't in Airplane Mode; an internet connection is required for the installer ipk.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Jason, can you expand your comments about the danger of the "donated installer" version of My Tether for those of us that have been using it. It's version 2.1; the version that we can install through your program is 1.5. What are the risks of the previously installed version?
    I'm only going off of what I've seen. The free version script installed it dangerously, so I assume his paid version installer installs it in the same fashion.

Why it is dangerous has been explained numerous times in numerous threads. Here's one explanation mentioned earlier in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1832988

For the record, my installer goes around the issue and installs it correctly
    I figured out whats wrong and I'm uploading a new AutoCorrect Edit Installer ipk as we speak.

For uninstalling AutoCorrect Edit, in Device Management, uninstall "ACE Installer". Do not touch the WebOS-Internals Service entry. After uninstalling "ACE Installer", close Device Management the re-open it and you'll see the webos-internals one is gone

EDIT: updated the original link with the new version. Keep in mind changes to the AutoCorrect dictionary require a reboot of your device for changes to take effect
    does the reboot take more than 2 minutes?

edit: yes it does it took over 4 in a half minutes of reboot but i waited i got scared for a moment