Page 58 of 184 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1141  
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    Awesome changes coming in the next version. Thank you very much. Canít wait for it. Is there any idea for the release date of 2.02?
    ETA: It'll get done, when it gets done

I need to be very carefully when implementing patches. One wrong character and I could potentially mess up things for many people. I want to get everything done in as safe a manner as possible, so I say to everyone reading this, please be patient.

If you want a loose time frame, I could probably see this update release by the end of the week give or take a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

I need to be very carefully when implementing patches. One wrong character and I could potentially mess up things for many people. I want to get everything done in as safe a manner as possible, so I say to everyone reading this, please be patient.

If you want a loose time frame, I could probably see this update release by the end of the week give or take a few days.
    Jason ur the best...I don't care how long it takes...take ur time!

WE WANT IT NOW!!!! Seriously, thanks for all your work, and can't wait for all the updated tweaks!
    this is absolutynot working for me at all please email me and help sanoma98@yahoo.com
    request:

option for only 4 icons in a row. i have trouble seeing them when they are small in the 5 across mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    request:

option for only 4 icons in a row. i have trouble seeing them when they are small in the 5 across mode.
    Please read the thread: 4x4 is in the upcoming version.

Jason, take your time. No rush! Possible (minor) update for WebOS 1.1.0 from Palm on the 27th (rumored). Might be a better idea to wait just in case this does happen.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Jason already said he's going to change the 5 Icon Per Row Tweak to a 4 Icon Row
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I did the boot logo tweak but in still flask palm also/no @ same time/....did I skip sumthan
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Not at the same time........my bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Please read the thread: 4x4 is in the upcoming version.

Jason, take your time. No rush! Possible (minor) update for WebOS 1.1.0 from Palm on the 27th (rumored). Might be a better idea to wait just in case this does happen.
    i did read the thread and didn't see it.
    for all of these patches and things, is there a prompt to enter a username and password?

If not, how does the app have read/write permission, for those of us that were doing things the oldschool way (with a big clunky keyboard and wifi and putty and eugh)?
  12.    #1152  
    I have a treat for everyone.

I've talked to both rhong and aonic, the developers of AutoCorrect Edit and MyTether respectively. Took a while to get in contact with aonic as he was on vacation, but the good news is both developers have committed to making their apps WebOS Quick Install-capable, thus ensuring their apps get installed safely and properly, without rooting. Essentially, "rooting required" apps are gone! A thing of the past! WOOT!!

Until they get out updated versions, I've created these installer ipk files which work in WebOS Quick Install v2.01

MyTether 1.5 Installer

AutoCorrect Edit Installer

IMPORTANT: In WebOS Quick Install's Device Management panel, you'll see both the installer, the service, and main app for each of the above installers. If you want to uninstall the app/service, you must tap the installer and choose to uninstall that.

Due to a bug in WebOS Quick Install, the service and app entries in the list will remain. Just ignore them (they're actually uninstalled, just WebOS Quick Install hasn't rescanned to know that) and close Device Management.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/27/2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason robitaille View Post
    i have a treat for everyone.

I've talked to both rhong and aonic, the developers of autocorrect edit and mytether respectively. Took a while to get in contact with aonic as he was on vacation, but the good news is both developers have committed to making their apps webos quick install-capable, thus ensuring their apps get installed safely and properly, without rooting. Essentially, "rooting required" apps are gone! A thing of the past! Woot!!

Until they get out updated versions, i've created these installer ipk files which work in webos quick install v2.01

mytether 1.5 installer

autocorrect edit installer

important: in webos quick install's device management panel, you'll see both the installer, the service, and main app for each of the above installers. If you want to uninstall the app/service, you must tap the installer and choose to uninstall that.

Due to a bug in webos quick install, the service and app entries in the list will remain. Just ignore them (they're actually uninstalled, just webos quick install hasn't rescanned to know that) and close device management.

Enjoy!
    jason you are the best!!!
    i downloaded everything how is posted but when i press the webos quick install a screen come on but it closes quik help
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i did read the thread and didn't see it.
    That's cool. It was on the previous page, post #1124 (click link below)

4x4 is good news for 2.02! It's going to be awesome.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1847310
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    I did the boot logo tweak but in still flask palm also/no @ same time/....did I skip sumthan
    How did you do it? Did you add both images (one that is the logo and the second image that is the glow)?

The regular image goes into the first browser line in the GUI. The 2nd image (glow) goes into the 2nd browser line in the image. Hope this helps

I've talked to both rhong and aonic, the developers of AutoCorrect Edit and MyTether respectively. Took a while to get in contact with aonic as he was on vacation, but the good news is both developers have committed to making their apps WebOS Quick Install-capable, thus ensuring their apps get installed safely and properly, without rooting. Essentially, "rooting required" apps are gone! A thing of the past! WOOT!!

Until they get out updated versions, I've created these installer ipk files which work in WebOS Quick Install v2.01

MyTether 1.5 Installer

IMPORTANT: In WebOS Quick Install's Device Management panel, you'll see both the installer, the service, and main app for each of the above installers. If you want to uninstall the app/service, you must tap the installer and choose to uninstall that.

Due to a bug in WebOS Quick Install, the service and app entries in the list will remain. Just ignore them (they're actually uninstalled, just WebOS Quick Install hasn't rescanned to know that) and close Device Management.

Enjoy!
    how does this work exactly...i already downloaded the autocorrect one and installed it via webOS quick install....it installed on my pre but it doesnt work

MyTether 1.5 Installer

Enjoy!
    This is GREAT! Any chance of talking to Emoney about his keyboard?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    How did you do it? Did you add both images (one that is the logo and the second image that is the glow)?

The regular image goes into the first browser line in the GUI. The 2nd image (glow) goes into the 2nd browser line in the image. Hope this helps
    I did it just lik that....coulb it be my image 320◊480...?...thankz also....
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    This is GREAT! Any chance of talking to Emoney about his keyboard?
    I'm working with egaudet to get the virtual keyboard packaged into an ipkg that both WebOS Quick Install and the new Preware 0.7.x can install.

I'd say it will be ready within a week.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals