Page 56 of 184 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gdeborst View Post
    OK - so I have to say I am a little embarrassed to be the person to post this, but I too was having the same problem lots of people are having with the webosquickinstall. I did everything just as was posted and I kept getting the error that my device wasn't connected.

I contacted a friend who asked me to make sure that Palm novacom didn't have a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager and strangley it wasn't even listed. So I force installed the Palm Novacom device using the drivers extracted from WEBOSDOCTOR and then got a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager with an error that said it could not start.

Frustrated I decided to start over. I removed the forced install of the Palm Novacom device, rebotted my computer and took my pre out of developer mode. After the pre rebooted I connected it to my computer and it installed as a new device perfectly. I then ran the quickinstall program and installed file coaster perfectly.

The problem that I discovered is that when I thought I was in developer mode I was not and vice versa. I don't know if it's just me, but I would suggest setting the toggle on the developer mode exactly opposite of what you have and retry - worked for me.

Again - a little embarrassed becuase now I recognize that if it says on then its on, you don't toggle the button to turn it on - that turns it off.

I hope that this helps someone else.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one....or the first. And you won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR NOT TURNING OFF DEV MODE, INSTEAD OF ON.

OH MY GOD!!!!!! Ok.....so you know how in every single support thread, they say make sure your pre is in dev mode. Well, yeah, of course it is, right? I mean I have DevModeLauncher, and just flipped the switch. Of course I'm in dev mode. Its funny (not really) that the switch said on before I switched it, which made me think, Just switch towards the "ON". Thought it seemed weird as I never remember noticing that...seems kinda backwards.

It's not backwards! I'm backwards! and an *****. All this time, for the last 2 full days and probably 12 hours worth of installing, removing, modding, reinstalling, rearranging NOVACOM.I must have forgot to take it out of dev mode last time I installed homebrew w/quick install 1.0. I updated to new version and had a windows update at the same time. I thought the windows update messed w/novacom b/c "device not found" every time, no matter what. I won't go on w/all the stuff I did, no telling what all I messed up last night.

So even though it seems simple, and it is, and I'm really not an *****. Comp illiterate, maybe, but not stupid......DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR NOT TURNING OFF DEV MODE INSTEAD OF ON.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Jason,
    Can you help me out some more? You responded to one of my earlier posts and asked me a couple of questions. I've answered them, but don't know what to do next.

I did what you specified for someone else, and went to the command prompt and typed "novacom -l". I get "failed to connect to server"

Answers to what path to executable:

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

Checked Windows File explorer, and that path is indeed there.

Checked in Add/Remove programs, and Novacomd is back there (meaning my reinstall worked...it did nothing before, I guess because novacom was already there).

Checked the version and it is Novacom Palm 1.0.33

Please help. I can't install anything or do any developing.
    gets to 100% downloaded and disappears. can't find the program anywhere on my computer.
    Why can't it find my phone when pugged in. the computer sees it, but not the program?
    CAN some one make me a white jordan JUMPMAN that glows for my boot screen > please so i can put it using WEBOS quick install and email it to me jordan23945bulls@gmail.com

PNG FILE
    Is there any way to get the download from browser hack to work with image files? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote 1:
    Originally Posted by codyody
    love the add more launcher pages. but i tried adding the download in web browser and the first time it opened up and was an all white page. then i removed it and added it again later then when i tapped the browser it just highlighted and did not open up. any idea what im doing wrong? i am using webOS 1.1.0 and webOS quick install.

Quote 2: I had the same issue - i enabled the Download in Web Browser" Tweak and lost the phone's built in Browser completely - when you clicked the globe icon it just lit up for a moment and then failed to launch - once i disabled the Tweak i got the browser back -

Also having another strange issue that i do not know if it is related or not - but the Proximity Sensor is not working either for some reason - whenever i make/receive a call - my ear makes all sorts of things happen on the screen - anyone know what can cause that?

In the mean time i guess i will disable all the other Tweaks and see if that fixes it -

My solution: I had the same problem. I turned off the tweak and my web browser started working again. I then restarted my computer and phone and turned the all the weeks back on and now everything including all tweeks work
    When i open up the file it brings up the box with the download webosdoctor and when i click yes, nothing happens. The program shuts down. I dont know what to do? Im running mac osx
    I love the new changes to this app, the gui changes are great! "I finally can see clearly now, that the [icons aren't so big]." lol, anyways, keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondagaskiknass View Post
    When i open up the file it brings up the box with the download webosdoctor and when i click yes, nothing happens. The program shuts down. I dont know what to do? Im running mac osx
    Me too! Any solutions? Thanks!
    there should be a 4x4 option. 5x4 is too small
    what do i do after i download palmbrew or whatever its called why cant i just get the damn thing on my phone
    whats dev mode????
    Quote Originally Posted by wlowell View Post
    gets to 100% downloaded and disappears. can't find the program anywhere on my computer.
    What are you using to download? Use Firefox and try to download it to your desktop. Put Webdr and Quickinstall.jar in the same folder on your desktop (make one new folder on your desktop for both).

Quote Originally Posted by ram13890 View Post
    whats dev mode????
    It puts your phone in developer mode. Without enabling dev mode, WebOS Quick install cannot find your phone.

Type: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

Then when the dev mode icon pops up, press it and allow your phone to reset (no it's not wiping your entire phone, it's more like a soft reboot).
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/25/2009 at 11:23 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    When you are done with Dev mode, how do you get out of it? turn off and on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbates85 View Post
    After going through the system check and then it states to plug your phone into the computer via USB cable... So I set the phone to just charge but the WebOSDoc 'next' option is grayed out as if its not recognizing the phone. I had it work once, but it stayed at 0% for about 2 minutes and said my phone was disconnected and try again. Havent been able to get to that point again. Thanks in advance for any help guys and gals.
    System 64-bit Vista Ultimate
    DO NOT run WebOSDoc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See Page 1 for a complete WebOSQuickInstall installation guide!
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by wlowell View Post
    For all of you with download problems, I suggest you switch to Firefox. In the options, you can specify to always ask where to put each download. It makes it simple to ensure you are putting everything in the same directory.
    Irish
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where to find the app that allows you to have more than 3 launcher pages up to 10 I think? I was watching a quick install video on youtube and he was saying something about getting that app without having a rooted pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    Does anyone know where to find the app that allows you to have more than 3 launcher pages up to 10 I think? I was watching a quick install video on youtube and he was saying something about getting that app without having a rooted pre?
    just one of the many tweaks available in Jason's software (which is what this thread is all about!)
    Irish
    Jason,
    I want to take a little time to personally thank you for your awsome work done here. I have been using Web-Os quick install since the begining. The newest version is unbelivable. I'm now working on some of your tweeks. I have rooted my pre and I'm not real comfortable in root or puddy so your program is by far the easy way to go. I have message forward working on my pre(root) but would like to know when you do your tweek if pictures will be able to fwd.? Once again great job keep up the great work. Any other programs in the works for you?