Page 55 of 184 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Next version sounds awesome Jason. Thanks again!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ram13890 View Post
    and yes i have followed all of jasons......im to the point were i copied the downloaded file which is file coaster and then i click install but it says it hasent found me device and i have it conected as just charge like it said but it contiues to say device not found and it searches and i left it all night last night but nothing
    This might sound like a silly question but I have to ask just in case, do you have the Pre in dev mode? (typed Konami code into the keyboard?)
    Hey Jason had a quick question..?? So the boot screens I have with glow will not work within the bottom one, I have to use the top but they still glow. Also with the Scroll fade, do I just put my wallpaper in there? I tried it and it does not work at all.

Also I had a recommendation if it can even be done. Anyway to put a wallpaper behind the icons on the launcher page and can it be added as a tweak?
    Last edited by splmonster; 08/25/2009 at 02:49 AM.
    Awesome!

Please add "Disable Phone" in the Tweaks!

Richard
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have the boot logo tweak but palm logo pop up also.not at the same time tho....odd......
    love the add more launcher pages. but i tried adding the download in web browser and the first time it opened up and was an all white page. then i removed it and added it again later then when i tapped the browser it just highlighted and did not open up. any idea what im doing wrong? i am using webOS 1.1.0 and webOS quick install.
    im going crazy. anyone wanna be a saint and help me?
    i have no idea wat im doing. major noob and i can admit it.

plz hit me up at
    ace_hood14@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have the download tweak....now how do I view www.youtube vidz..I dnt use the utube app.....
    hi Jason,
    I really appreciate all the work that your putting into this app! Do you think you can add the virtual keyboard as a tweak in the next update?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    go to your system properties and it will list all the attributes, easiest way is hold the windows key and press the pause/break key or go to your my computer and right click and go to properties
    learn something new everyday!
    Irish
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    After going through the system check and then it states to plug your phone into the computer via USB cable... So I set the phone to just charge but the WebOSDoc 'next' option is grayed out as if its not recognizing the phone. I had it work once, but it stayed at 0% for about 2 minutes and said my phone was disconnected and try again. Havent been able to get to that point again. Thanks in advance for any help guys and gals.
    System 64-bit Vista Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by codyody View Post
    love the add more launcher pages. but i tried adding the download in web browser and the first time it opened up and was an all white page. then i removed it and added it again later then when i tapped the browser it just highlighted and did not open up. any idea what im doing wrong? i am using webOS 1.1.0 and webOS quick install.
    I had the same issue - i enabled the Download in Web Browser" Tweak and lost the phone's built in Browser completely - when you clicked the globe icon it just lit up for a moment and then failed to launch - once i disabled the Tweak i got the browser back -

Also having another strange issue that i do not know if it is related or not - but the Proximity Sensor is not working either for some reason - whenever i make/receive a call - my ear makes all sorts of things happen on the screen - anyone know what can cause that?

In the mean time i guess i will disable all the other Tweaks and see if that fixes it -

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbates85 View Post
    After going through the system check and then it states to plug your phone into the computer via USB cable... So I set the phone to just charge but the WebOSDoc 'next' option is grayed out as if its not recognizing the phone. I had it work once, but it stayed at 0% for about 2 minutes and said my phone was disconnected and try again. Havent been able to get to that point again. Thanks in advance for any help guys and gals.
    System 64-bit Vista Ultimate

I'm not familiar with Vista so I really can't help you on that end but one question: Why are you running WebDr? Are you trying to return your Pre to it's initial stock status (wipe info and start from scratch?)
    I cant get it to work on my pre either. It says that it can't find the device and then says connecting to device and locks up. I am running Vista on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by txcybermom View Post
    I cant get it to work on my pre either. It says that it can't find the device and then says connecting to device and locks up. I am running Vista on my PC.
    Can you provid the following please:

- Do you have the latest version of WebOS Quick INstall? (2.01)
    - Do you have the latest version of java? (Build 1.6)
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed Jason's troubleshooting guide completely? (page 1 of this thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by sportg21 View Post
    hi Jason,
    I really appreciate all the work that your putting into this app! Do you think you can add the virtual keyboard as a tweak in the next update?
    Thanks
    I would love this to, but I don't even know if its possible. Is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by txcybermom View Post
    When i had this issue i checked in the MMC and saw that the Palm Novacom Service was not running - after i started the service then it was able to find my Pre
    OK - so I have to say I am a little embarrassed to be the person to post this, but I too was having the same problem lots of people are having with the webosquickinstall. I did everything just as was posted and I kept getting the error that my device wasn't connected.

I contacted a friend who asked me to make sure that Palm novacom didn't have a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager and strangley it wasn't even listed. So I force installed the Palm Novacom device using the drivers extracted from WEBOSDOCTOR and then got a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager with an error that said it could not start.

Frustrated I decided to start over. I removed the forced install of the Palm Novacom device, rebotted my computer and took my pre out of developer mode. After the pre rebooted I connected it to my computer and it installed as a new device perfectly. I then ran the quickinstall program and installed file coaster perfectly.

The problem that I discovered is that when I thought I was in developer mode I was not and vice versa. I don't know if it's just me, but I would suggest setting the toggle on the developer mode exactly opposite of what you have and retry - worked for me.

Again - a little embarrassed becuase now I recognize that if it says on then its on, you don't toggle the button to turn it on - that turns it off.

I hope that this helps someone else.
    anyway to get getjar apps installed on pre please help it says you can and there are selections off apps for pre on get jar .com
    heeeelllppp i cant download, well i can but quickinstall screen doesnt come on?