Page 52 of 184 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwbishop View Post
    So is there any way to actually download all the applications that I need to install, instead of this java crap that fails and then I have to re-download 200mb again? I have three computers, all up to date, and every time I download the program it says "you must download WebOS Doctor". After reaching the 100% mark, the screen just closes and no programs pop up. Then I try again and I have to RE DOWNLAOD THE DAMN PROGRAM!

I want a tangible file on my hard drive, is that too much to ask?

You must have java installed on your computers. If so then all you need are the two files located in the same directory. WebOSQuickInstall.jar and webOSDoctor.jar files. Do NOT run the doctor file, it will overwrite your Pre.

Simply take those two files and keep them in the same directory on any computer you wish to use it on and double click the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file. That is it. No install at all!

Also remember the Pre has to be in developer mode. If you are unsure how to do this just read above.

Also it never hurts to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Chill.

Go to wherever it downloaded the file. Then double-click the file. That should start the WebOS Install program.
    No, it is a jar file, it simply runs. No install needed, that is why it uses java which has to already be installed.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I looked through the whole thread, and I don't believe this question has been asked before. If it has, I apologise.

I am looking at applying some of the "tweaks" that are available through the Quick Install program because, quite frankly, I read and read, and still have no confidence in myself doing it through Quilt.

Anywho, I have read that "tweaks" should be removed before we do an OTA update. Is there a way to copy the whole operating system before tweaks are added, so that may be used to restore the phone before we initiate an OTA update, or is there a simple way to remove all the "tweaks" we install through Quick Install? Or do we just do the WebOS Doctor to restore it to 1.1 before the OTA update occurs?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I looked through the whole thread, and I don't believe this question has been asked before. If it has, I apologise.

I am looking at applying some of the "tweaks" that are available through the Quick Install program because, quite frankly, I read and read, and still have no confidence in myself doing it through Quilt.

Anywho, I have read that "tweaks" should be removed before we do an OTA update. Is there a way to copy the whole operating system before tweaks are added, so that may be used to restore the phone before we initiate an OTA update, or is there a simple way to remove all the "tweaks" we install through Quick Install? Or do we just do the WebOS Doctor to restore it to 1.1 before the OTA update occurs?

Thanks.
    The easiest answer is that the same way you installed the tweaks with quick install will be the same method used to uninstall them. It's too easy. A simple removal of the checkmark in the box associated with the tweak via the WebOS Quick Install window on ur PC will remove ur tweak.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    A simple removal of the checkmark in the box associated with the tweak via the WebOS Quick Install window on ur PC will remove ur tweak.
    That is the answer I was looking for. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It's too easy.
    Wow. You weren't kidding. So easy, even a caveman could do it.

I feel a "donation" coming on....

Hopefully he has the text message forwarding tweak on his next update.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great work, updating now.
    I believe I was lost in the fray of this rather busy forum, I apologize for asking again...

Quote Originally Posted by pebe98 View Post
    Jason,

I decided to check for new apps/updates, downloaded a few using the repository feed button, and had 2 apps ready for install. One app installed, the second gave "Error 9 No return code found in stream from file:///var/usr/lib/ipkg/status" After further experimentation, I discovered I could quit the Installer, restart, then successfully install one app; subsequent apps would fail out with this error. Changing feeds would also display the same error. Any ideas?
    Thank you for sharing your time and extraordinary talents!!!
    tried all the steps many times but the program still says no device detected could it be my phone just wont work with the program using xp by the way
    Quote Originally Posted by bigo View Post
    tried all the steps many times but the program still says no device detected could it be my phone just wont work with the program using xp by the way
    using vista and the same problem - never worked at all - it just said no device detected and if I try to install it it just does nothing and I have to end the task or it will never go away

simply put this dont work at all for me and I have tried it on 3 computers with 3 OS's - XP, Vista, and Windows 7 RC
    which mode are you in, usb or just charging?
    which tweaks ru adding in the next update jason?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    the 5x3 is nice, but i often choose the wrong icon because of it. any chance were going to see the 4x3 option in the next version? thanks a ton for this, it makes life so much easier for us nerds who have had life get in the way of hacking!
    tried all modes and still nothing

I am going to try to do it in a virtual macine and see what happens, only problem is how to get the USB to work
    Quote Originally Posted by bigo View Post
    Have you tried reading through the troubleshooting guide on the first page of this thread? There is a section for "No device detected." Give it read.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
    the 5x3 is nice, but i often choose the wrong icon because of it. any chance were going to see the 4x3 option in the next version? thanks a ton for this, it makes life so much easier for us nerds who have had life get in the way of hacking!
    I was also having a pretty difficult time consistently selecting the right app, but with a bit of training and a bit more focus I'm getting more consistent "hits". Would be up for slightly larger icon set if it is doable.
    I think I'm in need of some emergency support here. I should start by saying I've never encountered a problem before, everything worked flawlessly.

Today, I was upgrading to the latest WebOS Installer 1.11 if I'm not mistaken.

I wanted to check out the tweaks that were added as well as install the new file manager thing I believe is called Internalz.

I did want I normally have done, but my Pre in Dev mode, using the app Dev Mode Launcher.

Reset the Pre, waited for it to come up and then plugged in the USB cable and hit the 'Just Charge' button.

I think launched WebOS Quick Install.

I added the files to be installed.

I clicked on the 'install' button and now it says 'connecting to device' please wait.

The problem is that it has NOT moved from that point yet. The installs has usually take seconds.

I'm going to pull the cable and reboot everything but I'm not sure what will happen.

And I'm not sure why this happened to begin with.

Any help would be appreciated as I am in the middle of this.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I think I'm in need of some emergency support here. I should start by saying I've never encountered a problem before, everything worked flawlessly.

Today, I was upgrading to the latest WebOS Installer 1.11 if I'm not mistaken.

I wanted to check out the tweaks that were added as well as install the new file manager thing I believe is called Internalz.

I did want I normally have done, but my Pre in Dev mode, using the app Dev Mode Launcher.

Reset the Pre, waited for it to come up and then plugged in the USB cable and hit the 'Just Charge' button.

I think launched WebOS Quick Install.

I added the files to be installed.

I clicked on the 'install' button and now it says 'connecting to device' please wait.

The problem is that it has NOT moved from that point yet. The installs has usually take seconds.

I'm going to pull the cable and reboot everything but I'm not sure what will happen.

And I'm not sure why this happened to begin with.

Any help would be appreciated as I am in the middle of this.

Thanks!

Rob
    Not sure if it was a typo in ur post but the latest Quick Install is ver.2.01. Can you please make sure that you have that version.
    i have a mac and i had to install the nova doctor to be able to run webos quick install
    now im stuck im waiting for the web os doctor to read my device and say next so i can move on
    I'm running windows vista and accidentally associated the file type with a program since i couldn't figure out how to open it.

Now I'm stuck in the cycle of having to associate it with another program. I tried deleting webos quick install and re downloading it but it keeps opening it with a program instead of opening by itself.

What can I do?