Page 50 of 184 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    My first post...

I can't find a way yo even get into developer mode. I type the test string exactly as shown and the icon never appears. Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    How would I install WebOS Quick Install v2.01 onto Ubuntu?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeT98213 View Post
    My first post...

I can't find a way yo even get into developer mode. I type the test string exactly as shown and the icon never appears. Any help would be appreciated.
    Some people's instructions aren't as good as others. I finally figured out that the instructions I found online, which said to go to the "start screen" or something, were talking about opening a launcher page, THEN typing the code.

Since then, I've seen posts where people seem to find success typing with NO cards open. I've never tried that.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    My first post...

Mike,

You are typing on the keyboard "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" and nothing happens? Works every time for me (if I type it right). Then you can DL an app that puts the dev mode icon on your launch liist so you don't have to type that again
    FYI ...

As a Windows 7 (RC2) 64bit user I had to do the manual Novacom install. Once installed, using the instructions, everything worked beautifully. I love the google voice apps.
    I typed the string without the quotes and it worked. Probably missed that in the instructions.

Thanks all for the help!
    How do I update it ? Do I have to download the whole thing again
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I finally figured out how to install WebOS Quick Install onto Ubuntu.
    I typed the string without the quotes and it worked. Probably missed that in the instructions.

Thanks all for the help!
    w
    o
    w
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    help
    where is this link to download
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsox13 View Post
    where is this link to download
    1st page all the way at the end of post #1 (right before the "thanked by" section.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    In regards to updates, it's best to uncheck all mods before proceeding with the OTA update. After the update's been applied, feel free to try re-applying the mods. Chances are most mods will still be compatible. Those that display non-functionally can always just be unchecked until I release an update anyway

Dumb question here, but I thought the OTA updates were "pushed" to the device, so how would we know when to uncheck the mods? Or am I misunderstanding something about how the OTA updates work?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Jason,

In your tweak "downloading from a web browser, I am finding my pdf file can not view any of the downloaded files. The files do download. It sees them and then the pdf viewer closes upon attempts to open (error message). Could you check this out please. A grateful admirer of your talents!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Long post incoming, lol

I personally don't have a Pre yet. I've just based the patch off this.
    Wow...I am impressed that you have done all this work and don't even have a Pre yourself! As for the patch, when I look at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1824062 , there are comments around a fix so "YOUTUBE APP OPENS AFTER CLICKING A YOUTUBE VIDEO IN SITE"... is there any chance that the patch you are using is an older version that didnt have this fix?

also, any thought about adding a tweak to forward text message (per http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...orwarding.html )?

thanks again for all your work!

Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 08/22/2009 at 08:53 PM.
    unable to do novacom part, I have phone in developer mode and webos doesn't recognize my phone. I don't understand what im doing wrong I've been at this all freekin day
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    So is there any workaround or has anyone successfully gotten this to work on a CORE DUO Mac? Since there is no Java 1.6 for 32bit Macs....
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fugm View Post
    So is there any workaround or has anyone successfully gotten this to work on a CORE DUO Mac? Since there is no Java 1.6 for 32bit Macs....
    I have a MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo which I know is not exactly the same. When following the instructions, it says to make sure you have the latest Java. You can do that by clicking the apple in the top left corner and checking software updates. To select the most recent version go to Finder--Applications--Utilities--Java Preferences. You can drag the most recent Java version to the top to make it the default. Other than that last step, I didn't have to do anything special and it worked fine for me. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowning21 View Post
    unable to do novacom part, I have phone in developer mode and webos doesn't recognize my phone. I don't understand what im doing wrong I've been at this all freekin day
    Please provide the following information (listed on page 1) for help:

- Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I have a MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo which I know is not exactly the same. When following the instructions, it says to make sure you have the latest Java. You can do that by clicking the apple in the top left corner and checking software updates. To select the most recent version go to Finder--Applications--Utilities--Java Preferences. You can drag the most recent Java version to the top to make it the default. Other than that last step, I didn't have to do anything special and it worked fine for me. Good luck.
    Yeah, the core 2 Duo's are 64bit, so that's why it works for you.