Page 49 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've found that updating versions of WebOS resets DevMode off, if that doesn't work, PM and maybe we can figure out how to get it to work

What's the "Path to Executable" in Services window?
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

Checked Windows File explorer, and that path is indeed there.

Checked in Add/Remove programs, and Novacomd is back there (meaning my reinstall worked...it did nothing before, I guess because novacom was already there).

Checked the version and it is Novacom Palm 1.0.33
    Do you have to make a donation to download webos quick install? I keep cliking on the link and it directs me to the thread. I would really like to try this, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    what happens if we do a palm update and forget to uncheck the tweak boxes before?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    so far the only broswer that has worked is explorer.. for me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCoutureChic View Post
    Hello all! So I've tried just about, well, no nix that I've tried EVERY method I could find to try and download WebOS and nothing works. This is the fifth day I've spent pulling my hair out trying to get this to work and I am at my wits end. I really really want these homebrew apps on my PalmPre, preferrably before I leave for college in four days, is there anyone out there that would be willing to help a desperate noob get this program to work on my computer please?

I'm running windows vista 32bit version. I've tried the original method, just clicking on the file and it begins the download, reaches 100% then the program vanishes and nothing happens. I've tried this at least 15 times. Then I tried to modified installation method for Windows using Orca, it says Configuring Novacom, reaches 100% and then AGAIN it vanishes. Help?
    Hi. Welcome to the forum.

This is just from memory, but I couldn't sit by and let you keep waving at passing posters without pulling over.

If you've successfully downloaded the file, find out where it saved, then go to that folder and find the file (or look on your desktop). Double-click the file and follow the instructions from there. It'll probably have you download WebOS Doctor (or something similarly-named), first. Once it does, make sure you don't OPEN WebOS Doctor. It's just there for certain just-in-case situations. I think it will open the program automatically, at that point. If not, double-click that original file, again.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    to many posts to go thru...but i wanted to change the icons from 5x4 to 4x4....what lines would i have to change to get this to show 4x4..or could 4x4 been an options down the road..thanks..
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Jason,

You are a ROCK STAR! I forgot all about Dev Mode (the WebOS 1.2 install wiped everything). I just installed 6 apps using your app. Thanks!!

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    Jason,

You are a ROCK STAR! I forgot all about Dev Mode (the WebOS 1.2 install wiped everything). I just installed 6 apps using your app. Thanks!!

Tim
    This is the second time I've seen someone refer to 1.2. Is this an error or did I miss an update?

I thought 1.1 was the latest.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    this is great. i love doing tweaks without having to access linux. will this version be able to update itself whenever new tweaks become available, or will we have to wait for later versions whenever new tweaks come out?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Am I correct in that Tweaks won't help replace icons? I'd still have to root for that, correct? Thanks.
    Got It!! thankz................
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attached to first post
    Got it!! Thankz Jason!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Am I correct in that Tweaks won't help replace icons? I'd still have to root for that, correct? Thanks.

Yes, you are correct. Currently, the only tweaks that are available are the ones listed in the screen capture in post #1 of this thread (first page).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14.    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes, you are correct. Currently, the only tweaks that are available are the ones listed in the screen capture in post #1 of this thread (first page).
    Actually, you can modify just about anything on the phone with WebOS Quick Install, including icons

http://www.precentral.net/how-apply-...t-linux-access
    so jason....when will u have more tweaks available to webOS quick install and does that require an update to quick install or it'll be available in 2.01?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    This is the second time I've seen someone refer to 1.2. Is this an error or did I miss an update?

I thought 1.1 was the latest.
    1.2 is in Beta.
    I just bought a palm pre and i cant seem to get it to connect to webosquickinstall. I've tried EVERYTHING and i receive the same error can not find device. I'm running windows XP PLEASE HELP
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian31781 View Post
    I just bought a palm pre and i cant seem to get it to connect to webosquickinstall. I've tried EVERYTHING and i receive the same error can not find device. I'm running windows XP PLEASE HELP
    Brian,

Is your phone in Dev Mode?
    Do you have the latest Java?
    Did you DL WebOSDoctor?
    Did you connect "Just Charge"?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    is not working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0B3Y View Post
    I cant find the link to download webosquick....?
    Page 1
    Irish