Page 48 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    jason....this would be awesome and i dont care how long it takes but adding this tweak would be crazy...and u will be our hero!!!
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    I am so lost I cant seem to get it to work. I am going through the steps and when I get to the plug in section it does nothing at all. I dont know what to do now anyone can help me. I have the WebOs Quick Install on my desk top. I plug my phone up and use the charge only mode and nothing happens.
    having trouble with downlaodin webos quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Steflova1 View Post
    having trouble with downlaodin webos quick
    wut browser ru using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes it is advised by Jason (he said it somewhere in this thread) that it would be wise to do so. It doesn't take long at all to do so it's not really a big deal. It's just safer to update your phone with a stock Pre so that the update installs seamlessly. Also, if there is a change that affects one of the tweaks, just have a little patience for the Jason/developers to update their tweak to work with the new WebOS.

Yes, if you uncheck the dialer background, the original green one will return by default. I've tried it and it works as advertised. I'm back at my custom one again. Took a couple of minutes to do both (test green one and return to custom one) very easy!!!!
    Thanks for replying.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Any methods on getting novacom to install on a Windows XP? Every time I try to start novacom in services, I get an error. I've tried everything.
    for downloading in the browser how do i do that exactly if i wanted to download a picture
  8.    #948  
    Long post incoming, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Does this work on your Pre? I know that Youtube.com normally works by launching the video in YouTube App and playing it there, unlike other websites that would stream the file in that actual browser... could this be what is causing the problem for Youtube but not other sites?
    I personally don't have a Pre yet. I've just based the patch off this.

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I do not have the option in my Launcher menu to add new page however I enabled the tweak and it rebooted.

Also browser no longer works when you enable the 'Download from browser' tweak
    I'm guessing you've previously edited your launcher/browser?
    Chances are people who have manually edited the browser/launcher may have inadvertantly caused my mod to not work.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    Bug Report:
    Noticed that the list of homebrews to install (from Pre-Central) did not include Quick Contacts by uptempo777 which was just upgraded on Aug 20th and has >4 stars.
    My system uses the ipkg feed, which generally has some delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheojinx View Post
    i still have no clue how to root..... T.T
    Not a problem, with WebOS Quick Install, there's no rooting required

Quote Originally Posted by Sheojinx View Post
    is there anyway to get the my tether app without rooting?
    It is very easy to change the ipk so mytether will work on webos quick install without rooting. I've posted more info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Second: Then when you have a command prompt just paste this line into it.
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    Please, please don't follow those instructions. http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install is a script that installs the service to Palm's own ipkg database, something potentially dangerous to your device. See that link above for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The big question I have is in launching WebOSQuickInstall . I have installed it with the jar file, no problem, and used it extensively. When I close the program, the only way I am able to restart is to launch the jar file installation again. I have searched through program files, start menus, etc. and can not find any other way to launch. Do you or anyone else have any ideas?
    Actually, that jar isn't the installer, it's the application itself. Jar files are the java equivalent to exe files.

The other big question I had was answered in one of your recent posts. I can add launcher pages, turn off the tweak, and all that does it prevents me from adding and deleting more, but my extra pages stay intact. Am I understanding that correctly?
    Correct

The last question I have is more out of curiosity. In reading through the 100,000 posts, I see many people that once they have your WebOSQuickInstall working, they load Filecoaster. Doesn't that program do exactly the same thing as yours?
    For many people they like downloading apps directly to their devices. Before v2.0 of WebOS Quick Install, once you got FileCoaster on your device, my program would no longer be needed. However, with 2.0, my program now gets rid of "rooting required" apps (something no other app can currently boast) and offers Tweaks, things FileCoaster and PreLoad simply can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    Does anyone have this working with Vista and a WebOS 1.2 device?
    Assuming you aren't joking around, theoretically, most tweaks should still work and unless Palm radically changed the WebOS, app installation should work for all future versions of the WebOS

Quote Originally Posted by Acast1175 View Post
    I followed the instructions and my pre says: "your device needs to reset for this action to take affect." Does that mean it will wipe out everything on my pre; like apps and contacts info?
    No, it won't delete your data. Think of it like rebooting a computer; no data is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    jason....this would be awesome and i dont care how long it takes but adding this tweak would be crazy...and u will be our hero!!!
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    This tweak is still in early early versions, with lots of work and changes happening every day. I will add this tweak in the future, but only once it gets a bit more fine-tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Any methods on getting novacom to install on a Windows XP? Every time I try to start novacom in services, I get an error. I've tried everything.
    I've seen this one before. Go to Windows Add/Remove Programs and uninstall "Novacomd". Then re-install via the Window guide linked in post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewalksurfer View Post
    for downloading in the browser how do i do that exactly if i wanted to download a picture
    Personally, I'm not sure about image downloading...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Repost, I think this one got lost in the busy traffic of this thread:

Jason, would you please consider adding this tweak to a future update? IMO, the ability to simply glance at a sleeping Pre and know that there is a text message waiting would be a very useful enhancement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post

Tweak: Turn on LED when text message is received

One of the features I liked on my old Treo was the blinking green LED when I had a waiting text message. There's no such functionality out of the box for the Pre.

With this change, however, the center button LED will illuminate when you have a waiting text message!

[scripts snipped]
    Thanks
    i downloaded it, but it says windows cannot open the file because it does not know the file type

i am using an actual pre, and im new to all this, so i have no idea what the OS is (or what OS you are even talking about!) sorry bout that
    Last edited by loquacious; 08/21/2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Jason,
    I did as you said:
    Removed novacomd,
    Brought up QuickInstall and told it to try to reinstall novacom.
    When I tried to connect the device, it said it couldn't find it.
    When I tried to start the service myself, I got:

When I try to start the Novacom service, I constantly get the error:
    "Could Not Start the Novacom Service on Local Computer
    Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

I've tried doing the steps for installing on Windows 7, but that didn't work.
    I have Windows XP, 32 bit.
    What should I do? I can't seem to do anything or install any apps on my Pre without Novacom.
    I tried to connect my Palm Pre with my G4 PowerPC with MAC OS X 10.4.11 and I have not found a way to do this. I plan to upgrade to OS X 10.5 and will update here if that works. I found a Java SE 6 for OS X 10.4.11 download here:

Java SE 6 Mac OS X 10.4.5 binary (Intel) Dave’s Blogs

I don't think Java is my issue anymore as the program opened and installed. I'm getting the "Connection Refused, No Device Detected" issue many others are having. The Novacom thing didn't work at all for me. It was not installed. When I click the reinstall, nothing happens. I went to the Palm development page and their Software Dev. Kit (SDK) requires MAC OS X 10.5 so I wasn't able to use that to test my device connection either (It's not needed, I know - just wanted another test opportunity). Please let me know if you are running a G4 Power PC and have been able to get WebOSQuickinstall to connect with your Palm Pre and download .ipk files.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Not kidding about the WebOS version... and it still won't work. Updated Java, rebooted lappy, restarted Pre, and still doesn't find the device when I click Install. I really want to get this working. Anything else I should try? BTW, worked like a charm with all previous versions of WebOS.
    Last edited by tsmeltzer; 08/21/2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Can you be more specific? Also, please include the answers to the questions on post 1:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely

It's on the first page of the thread. Sorry it happened but you gotta read the directions friend.
    on that point i'd agree. you should put it in the biggest letters possible don't run webosdoctor. I ran it. saw a meter start running and it occured to me whatever it was doing would take like 10 or 15 minutes. that couldn't be good. it was a 3% but i started to panic and unplugged my device even though it said not to. everything seems to be working fine. but i didn't see it either plus i tried to install after hearing the palmcast and i don't know if they made it clear. i surely didn't get it. but just my two cents. i did read it today and this is the first time i've used this program. (i wouldn't try it after the first time and the webosdoctor incident.
    You should really add some more patches to the list!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  16.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    Not kidding about the WebOS version... and it still won't work. Updated Java, rebooted lappy, restarted Pre, and still doesn't find the device when I click Install. I really want to get this working. Anything else I should try? BTW, worked like a charm with all previous versions of WebOS.
    I've found that updating versions of WebOS resets DevMode off, if that doesn't work, PM and maybe we can figure out how to get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Jason,
    I did as you said:
    Removed novacomd,
    Brought up QuickInstall and told it to try to reinstall novacom.
    When I tried to connect the device, it said it couldn't find it.
    When I tried to start the service myself, I got:

When I try to start the Novacom service, I constantly get the error:
    "Could Not Start the Novacom Service on Local Computer
    Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

I've tried doing the steps for installing on Windows 7, but that didn't work.
    I have Windows XP, 32 bit.
    What should I do? I can't seem to do anything or install any apps on my Pre without Novacom.
    What's the "Path to Executable" in Services window?
    Hello all! So I've tried just about, well, no nix that I've tried EVERY method I could find to try and download WebOS and nothing works. This is the fifth day I've spent pulling my hair out trying to get this to work and I am at my wits end. I really really want these homebrew apps on my PalmPre, preferrably before I leave for college in four days, is there anyone out there that would be willing to help a desperate noob get this program to work on my computer please?

I'm running windows vista 32bit version. I've tried the original method, just clicking on the file and it begins the download, reaches 100% then the program vanishes and nothing happens. I've tried this at least 15 times. Then I tried to modified installation method for Windows using Orca, it says Configuring Novacom, reaches 100% and then AGAIN it vanishes. Help?
    I cant find the link to download webosquick....?
    This is hot!
  20.    #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by D0B3Y View Post
    I cant find the link to download webosquick....?
    Attached to first post