Page 47 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    is there anyway to get the my tether app without rooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheojinx View Post
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

P.S. The thumb is a link.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    This is completely off topic and better explained in the MyTether thread, but a more capable version of the app with an installer that doesn't require rooting is available here, though it will require a donation on your part.
    Guys, installing MyTether is VERY easy. Do not get all caught up in that "root" word okay!
    It means nothing more than being able to enter commands. You are not opening some Pandora's box of evil!!! (As long as you be careful what you type and do, stick to cut/paste and you will be fine)

Follow these steps to install Mytether okay..

First: Follow these directions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/1791625-post1461.html

Second: Then when you have a command prompt just paste this line into it.
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

That is all there is to it! This will give you Wi-Fi tethering.

If you also want USB (Bluetooth will also work) just follow these directions as well.
    http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

Everything is step by step.. Easy... Honest! ii

I agree that this is the wrong thread, use the MyTether thread instead from here on for any questions....
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/21/2009 at 02:50 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Jason,

First I want to add my thanks for such an awesome application!! You rock!!

I have tons of apps added, tweaked to add launcher pages & new boot screens and am amazed at the simplicity!!

I have a couple of questions that I did not see addressed in the 46 pages of posts (had some others taken time to read before asking the same questions over and over, it would probably have been only about 20 pages! ).

The big question I have is in launching WebOSQuickInstall . I have installed it with the jar file, no problem, and used it extensively. When I close the program, the only way I am able to restart is to launch the jar file installation again. I have searched through program files, start menus, etc. and can not find any other way to launch. Do you or anyone else have any ideas?

The other big question I had was answered in one of your recent posts. I can add launcher pages, turn off the tweak, and all that does it prevents me from adding and deleting more, but my extra pages stay intact. Am I understanding that correctly?

The last question I have is more out of curiosity. In reading through the 100,000 posts, I see many people that once they have your WebOSQuickInstall working, they load Filecoaster. Doesn't that program do exactly the same thing as yours?

Thanks again for a fantastic tool that makes my (and many other's) Pre experience so much more enjoyable!

I shall drink a pint of Guinness to/and for you!!

Irish

PS I too will be jumping on the donate page... work like this needs to be supported the old fashioned way, $$$$!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Went to bed at 2am, but i finally got it working. WebOS Quick Install is the %&*$^#
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The last question I have is more out of curiosity. In reading through the 100,000 posts, I see many people that once they have your WebOSQuickInstall working, they load Filecoaster. Doesn't that program do exactly the same thing as yours?
    FileCoaster (as well as PreLoad) allows you to download and install the apps over the air so you dont need to put your phone in Dev Mode and connect to computer. FileCoaster can't do the tweaks, but it makes it a lot easier to install the homebrew right on the phone!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Does anyone have this working with Vista and a WebOS 1.2 device?
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    I love this mods.
    Questions:
    1. Do we have to unistall them (dialer background, add/delete pages etc.) before installing new Palm updates?
    2. If I check the option to change dialer background and pick different color (not green), and then go back and uncheck this option, will the original green background be back? Any one tried this?
    Anybody?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    Does anyone have this working with Vista and a WebOS 1.2 device?
    WebOS 1.2? If anything beyond v1.1 been announced, neither PreCentral nor any of my other usual haunts has mentioned it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    java 1.6 is not available for mac yet?? i have J2SE 1.4.2 or J2SE 5.0 and thats it.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Yes, the beta of 1.2.... can't say a lot about it (NDA).
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    Anybody?
    Yes it is advised by Jason (he said it somewhere in this thread) that it would be wise to do so. It doesn't take long at all to do so it's not really a big deal. It's just safer to update your phone with a stock Pre so that the update installs seamlessly. Also, if there is a change that affects one of the tweaks, just have a little patience for the Jason/developers to update their tweak to work with the new WebOS.

Yes, if you uncheck the dialer background, the original green one will return by default. I've tried it and it works as advertised. I'm back at my custom one again. Took a couple of minutes to do both (test green one and return to custom one) very easy!!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Where can I download?
    Would it be possible in your next update to add a tweak to change the look of the default icons and the icons in the quick launch bar. Also a way to change the look of the numbers in the dialer, and one last thing an option to make the launcher pages completly transparent or add an image to the pages. I know this might be alot to ask but i think if anyone can do it u can. By the way awsome app. man just awsome.
    hey jason...which tweaks r in the process of being added in the webOS quick installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Have you put your Pre into Developer mode before trying to connect to QuickInstall? (I know I forgot and tried for a half hour before remembering )
    Yes I have tried with the pre in dev mode and with it off just in case.
    I followed the instructions and my pre says: "your device needs to reset for this action to take affect." Does that mean it will wipe out everything on my pre; like apps and contacts info?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The big question I have is in launching WebOSQuickInstall . I have installed it with the jar file, no problem, and used it extensively. When I close the program, the only way I am able to restart is to launch the jar file installation again. I have searched through program files, start menus, etc. and can not find any other way to launch. Do you or anyone else have any ideas?
    That's normal. It's an executable Java file, not an installer, so it doesn't install anything on your PC.

If you want to be able to access it from elsewhere, create a shortcut and then drag the shortcut to the start menu, quick launch bar, desktop, or wherever you want it.