Page 46 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    That would be great if you could. Want to install the "My Tether" app, but really don't want to root into my Pre, so I've been holding off until something more user friendly comes out.
    you can pay the $10 to the developer and get it without rooting....works great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Sorry but I'm probably going to sound VERY dumb right now, but why is it that the roam only hack is so awsome? The thing is in Puerto Rico roaming means paying ridiculous charges per minute. So every time I see in these forums ppl excited about that roam only hack I kind of scrach my head. Again sorry for the dumb question I just have to know am I missing something?
    Because the Simply Everything plan that you need to get when you get a Pre includes unlimited free roaming, so there is no cost for it!
    Jason -- after I have enabled the Download in Browser tweak, I am not able to play or download any videos from the Youtube Mobile website (note that the YouTube App works fine, it's just the youtube.com site that is a problem). I have included a few screenshots from my Pre to show you what happens when I click Stream or Download, and I also show you what is in my downloads directory after I click on either Stream or Download (it was the same for both).

I have not rooted by Pre, and have only used your program to tweak my phone

Any idea what is happening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmarcelous View Post
    So if I have a 32 bit Mac (that won't update to Java 6), am I out of luck on this one or is there n alternative route I can take?

Please advise. Thank you.
    SoyLatte may be able to help you
    SoyLatte - Port of BSD Java

Quote Originally Posted by kliffe View Post
    you can pay the $10 to the developer and get it without rooting....works great for me.
    You could get the free version installed without rooting, but the it requires the developer to add postinst and prerm scripts. Currently Aonic is the only developer of a "rooting required" app that hasn't told be they'd be adding the scripts in an upcoming version, unfortunately. Feel free to message Aonic about it. I've tried, but he hasn't responded to any of my messages...

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Any idea what is happening?
    Tapping "Stream" should open the youtube video. If it doesn't, then you may want to turn off that tweak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Tapping "Stream" should open the youtube video. If it doesn't, then you may want to turn off that tweak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Does this work on your Pre? I know that Youtube.com normally works by launching the video in YouTube App and playing it there, unlike other websites that would stream the file in that actual browser... could this be what is causing the problem for Youtube but not other sites?
    Thank-you for this software and especially the instructions for getting Novacom going on a Windows 7, 64-bit platform. I did not encounter any problems. Everything worked as documented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodienda76 View Post
    Ok I give up. Goodbye
    Hey thanks for playing. Here is a nice toaster as a consolation prize!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    jason - outstanding update - would you consider making the icon size so that there can be 4 / line rather than 5 in a 'Tweak'. Love option of 5, but these old eyes....
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Jason, would you please consider including this tweak in a future update?
    Tweak: Turn on LED when text message is received

One of the features I liked on my old Treo was the blinking green LED when I had a waiting text message. There's no such functionality out of the box for the Pre.

With this change, however, the center button LED will illuminate when you have a waiting text message!

[scripts snipped]
    Thanks
    I love this mods.
    Questions:
    1. Do we have to unistall them (dialer background, add/delete pages etc.) before installing new Palm updates?
    2. If I check the option to change dialer background and pick different color (not green), and then go back and uncheck this option, will the original green background be back? Any one tried this?
    Last edited by borsend; 08/21/2009 at 12:54 PM.
    I got the same broken browser issue after the download tweak.

After undoing the tweak, I changed my "Sprint only" network settings back to automatic. After redoing the tweak, the browser works, again.

A download started but stopped (btw folks, scroll down to see the progress bar). None start now that I've left my wifi network, so I'm not sure it works outside of wifi (assuming it will work at all on my Pre).

Had to leave efore I could finish testing.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    yes good question, im all ears, or eyes i should say
    Also, anyone wanna share some cool ideas for the dialer?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolimini View Post
    jason - outstanding update - would you consider making the icon size so that there can be 4 / line rather than 5 in a 'Tweak'. Love option of 5, but these old eyes....
    I TOTALLY agree with this post. Also, not just the old eyes but the clumsy fingers - I have launched the wrong things SO many times that it somewhat defeats the purpose of this tweak. So, I would be thrilled by having a 4/ line option as well. This could be a choice when selected (so it would not take up valuable real-estate on the Tweak screen).

Thanks for the great application !
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Damn, I did not see that, I feel stupid...thanks!!!!

So what hapens to icons placed on new pages if I delete a page or remove the tweak? Do they just auto move to one of the 3 original pages?

I really have to wonder why Palm just di dnot have this tuene don in the first place... Same with PDF tweak etc....
    I do not have the option in my Launcher menu to add new page however I enabled the tweak and it rebooted.

Also browser no longer works when you enable the 'Download from browser' tweak
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Bug Report:

Noticed that the list of homebrews to install (from Pre-Central) did not include Quick Contacts by uptempo777 which was just upgraded on Aug 20th and has >4 stars.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolimini View Post
    +1
    i still have no clue how to root..... T.T
    I've been trying to root my phone for like.... 3 days so i can have wifi on this big road trip.... people say to just follow the instructions but i get so lost.... can anyone help? i dont wanna totally destroy my phone T.T....i juss got it
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I do not have the option in my Launcher menu to add new page however I enabled the tweak and it rebooted.

Also browser no longer works when you enable the 'Download from browser' tweak
    Dunno if you saw my posts, but the browser issue went away after I restored my default network settings: in my case, that meant undoing my "Sprint only" option. Not sure if data roaming would have been a problem or not.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.