Page 45 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hey guys I'm not sure if I'm alone or not in this issue, but after doing one of the tweaks, specifically the "downloading in web browser" tweak, the browser stops working. But when I uncheck it, the browser works again. Sorry if this has been mentioned, but anyone else with this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Did you go the top left corner menu labeled "launcher?" It should now have a prompt that will allow you to add "new page."

Damn, I did not see that, I feel stupid...thanks!!!!

So what hapens to icons placed on new pages if I delete a page or remove the tweak? Do they just auto move to one of the 3 original pages?

I really have to wonder why Palm just di dnot have this tuene don in the first place... Same with PDF tweak etc....
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  3.    #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    So what hapens to icons placed on new pages if I delete a page or remove the tweak? Do they just auto move to one of the 3 original pages?
    The added/removed pages would remain, just the option to add/remove more pages would be gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Roam only will probably be in the next update, yes.

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU. Please keep up the good work, and release that awesome roam only hack. :-)
    Jason,

I had good luck with earlier versions of the Installer; all the system mod tweaks work except for add / delete launcher pages (no extra option displayed in launcher menu.) I too had issue with 5x4 downsizing the icons but leaving 3x3.5 displayed. Repeated check / unchecks later, the 5x4 finally worked. I decided to check for new apps/updates, downloaded a few using the repository feed button, and had 2 apps ready for install. One app installed, the second gave "Error 9 No return code found in stream from file:///var/usr/lib/ipkg/status" After further experimentation, I discovered I could quit the Installer, restart, then successfully install one app; subsequent apps would fail out with this error. Changing feeds would also diisplay the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks for your efforts, guys like you make the Pre experience much more enjoyable

update: Downloading w/in browser tweak caused browser to not load; saw another guy experienced this a couple of pages back. Unchecked tweak, browser normal
    Last edited by pebe98; 08/20/2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: update
    Hey jason when you release new tweaks do we have to update the version or it will be wit 2.01
    Two really annoying problems with the Installer download:

1) When I download the file (at least in Google Chrome), it saves as "WebOSQuickInstall.download" instead of .jar -- I'm not sure why, but changing the extension to .jar works fine.

2) For some reason, even though I already have WebOS Doctor installed, it is forcing me to download it again in order to install the latest version of your software. This is tremendously annoying since the download is fairly big.
    Both files must be in the same folder. Just dl doctor and put it there. As mentioned before, do NOT launch the osdoctor file!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorbri View Post
    Two really annoying problems with the Installer download:

1) When I download the file (at least in Google Chrome), it saves as "WebOSQuickInstall.download" instead of .jar -- I'm not sure why, but changing the extension to .jar works fine.

2) For some reason, even though I already have WebOS Doctor installed, it is forcing me to download it again in order to install the latest version of your software. This is tremendously annoying since the download is fairly big.
    1) It works fine in Firefox. Not sure why Chrome is doing that but it seems to be an issue with chrome as others have seen the same problem using Chrome.

2) Did you click on the very last link near the part that gives the "email attachment" option??
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    ChangeLog
    v2.01 - August 18, 09
    - Fixed postinst script support
    - Updated 5x4 launcher icons mod to properly format long app names
    - Fixed Send File feature

Thank you for that modifications. I use the emulator before having the real one (not so long; august 27). I test the 5x4 in the french version and realize that "location services" named "services de positionnement" missed the last letter aka "t". It is writen "services de positionnemen". I was curious to know if this is something that you can correct or not.

Best regards you make a really good and useful job
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    first of all, thanks so much! i love the tweak options! added a few more pages, so now my first page is most used apps, and then the rest of the pages are categorized, like games, info apps, system apps, etc...

i am having a problem with the download in web browser tweak. when i check the box, i get a popup error message:
    ERROR 5:
    Connection Refused: Connect

with an "ok" button at the bottom. If i click "ok", it goes away and pops back up a second later. It wont stop until i close webos quick install.

anyone else encounter this error? jason, do you have any idea as to why this is happening to my phone?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    one more thing... jason, how about a tweak to show battery percentage instead of the graphical icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    one more thing... jason, how about a tweak to show battery percentage instead of the graphical icon?
    +1
    I was wondering if there are plans in the future to make one of the tweaks text message forwarding...or is that even possible without rooting?
    Don't know if anyone else asked, but there were to many pages to read through.
    BY THE WAY... THIS IS THE BEST!!!!! THANKS!!
    Ok I give up. Goodbye
    Thank you Thank you Jason!! Its awesome. Once I figured out how to install the WebOSQuickInstall it was Super Easy to get the APPS, and FAST!!!

I want to note the problem I was having and I couldnt find an answer anywhere. Through trial and error I figured it out and want to post my efforts to help others with same issue!

I was trying to download the WebOSQuickInstall after updating Java on my laptop with Vista. When double-clicking the app it would have an error "could not find main class webosquickinstall and program will now exit". no matter what I did i coul not get the app to open.

So I tried it on my desktop running XP. Worked smoothly. I guess it has something to do with Vista??

Also some steps that were not mentioned here, I want to mention...After opening the WebOSQuickInstall, go to the Pre device (if using app in USB mode) and type in the Konami code: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, click "Devmode" icon, click "ON", click "reset device" (that worried me, but dont worry...that is how you enter Devmode, it will be okay). Then plug Pre into PC with USB. After uploading apps...type in the Konami Code again and click "OFF", then unplug Pre from PC.

Simple!

Thanks Jason
    and KUDOS to the developers for the amazing apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodienda76 View Post
    Ok I give up. Goodbye
    what are you giving up on???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodienda76 View Post
    Ok I give up. Goodbye

jeeeees.... only one post on the forums and you need the urge to let us know you're leaving?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    Here's what I used: Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 1

Good luck!

It took a while for me to download--might have been because I was also downloading WebOSdoctor.
    So if I have a 32 bit Mac (that won't update to Java 6), am I out of luck on this one or is there n alternative route I can take?

Please advise. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU. Please keep up the good work, and release that awesome roam only hack. :-)
    Sorry but I'm probably going to sound VERY dumb right now, but why is it that the roam only hack is so awsome? The thing is in Puerto Rico roaming means paying ridiculous charges per minute. So every time I see in these forums ppl excited about that roam only hack I kind of scrach my head. Again sorry for the dumb question I just have to know am I missing something?