Page 44 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Hi guys/ gals...

Need the original size (or the original files from the Pre) when it comes to the "dialer background" and "lock screen background" in order to get an idea how to change them. So far I changed just the boot logo.

Thanks in advance,
    Ciupyke.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciupyke View Post
    Hi guys/ gals...

Need the original size (or the original files from the Pre) when it comes to the "dialer background" and "lock screen background" in order to get an idea how to change them. So far I changed just the boot logo.

Thanks in advance,
    Ciupyke.
    Any 320x480 png image will work.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Sorry to beat a dead horse but I have read through all 44 pages of this post and have been trying to get this to work since v1.1. I can not figure what I am doing wrong. I am running windows XP and trying to install to my pre. Every time I go to try to upload the files to the pre I get the no connection error. I have followed every step of the install guide and walked through the trouble shooting guide. I have uninstalled Novacom through Add/ remove programs and re installed. I have WebOSDoctor and WebOS Quick Install in the same folder and the phone is in dev mode and I have chosen "Just Charge" and it still will not work. Please Help!!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Okay, so I'm not in this alone. Ditto mthompson5
    Are you trying to get this on your Pre or your computer? It is meant to install "other" apps to your Pre, but cannot itself be installed to the Pre. If I'm off base then just let me know.
  6.    #866  
    Just to make it clear: the Tweaks pages is based off v1.1 information. Chances are if you've previously manually modded the browser or application launcher, you might have issues applying new patch in the Tweaks panel.

Also, please uncheck all Tweaks before an OTA update.

Also, pre-existing tweaks will not be recognized by my app.

Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Can you add tweaks to DELETE the Nascar and NFL apps? Or would this cause problems when doing webOS updates?
    There were reports deleting Nascar app would cause deeper system issues, so I left then as just being hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    When I installed the 5x4 tweak, I also got the effect with small icons arranged in a 3x3 grid. Solution was to uncheck the box for that tweak, let the Pre do its thing until it is back to the main screen, then check the box again. The second time it worked as intended. Maybe checking everything at once caused some tweaks to interfere with each other? Don't know, but try it.
    Yes, please check one checkbox at a time. Wait for each tweak to be applied before applying another.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Installed fine, program launches fine, when I go to device management, or tweaks it highlights in blue but does not open the screen.

Running XP-32bit.
    Java 1.6

Pre is in dev mode, "just charge"

After testing some more testing file>options does not work either. I will try delete and re-install.

Any ideas?
    Sounds like WebOSDoctor download corrupted. Try downloading manually from post #1

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Guys, for every separate mod, you need to allow the Pre to reboot itself
    Actually, it's not a full reboot, just a gui reload, which should take significantly shorter than a regular reboot

Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Except that the LED Service is listed in the WebOS-all on QuickInstall's ipkg drop-down. There's no hint of what it does (that would be nice). I figured the same as you, but after installing and rebooting there's no change I can find and no hint of what it should be doing. I did notice that a reboot immediately began taking more than twice as long (like 3 minutes). So I removed it and all is back to normal,

Would still love to hear back if the force roam tweak could be added to the QuickInstall 2.01 panoply. Several who I know would love it but are wary of going the direct root/linux route.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...=roaming+force
    LED service is a custom service made by WebOS-Internals that gives developers a way to control the LEDs (the lights in the gesture area and the lights behind the keyboard)
    Roam only will probably be in the next update, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Yes, I am. That's why I was saying that a description of the functions (like in FileCoaster now) would be a very good thing.
    Unfortunately that's a restriction of the ipkg feed format
    This is probably a stupid question but where can I download the WebOS Quick Install? I go to How to install homebrew aops but it just takes me to this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Are you trying to get this on your Pre or your computer? It is meant to install "other" apps to your Pre, but cannot itself be installed to the Pre. If I'm off base then just let me know.
    I have installed the WebOS Quick Install to the computer but it does not recognize my Pre.
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Phresh View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but where can I download the WebOS Quick Install? I go to How to install homebrew aops but it just takes me to this forum.
    It's attached to the first post
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    LED service is a custom service made by WebOS-Internals that gives developers a way to control the LEDs (the lights in the gesture area and the lights behind the keyboard)
    Roam only will probably be in the next update, yes.
    Thanks Jason. So the LED Service is something that a developer will likely require for an upcoming mod app. Not anything with a specific function of it's own, as of now.

And I'll be looking forward to the update with Roam Only in it.

Thanks again for all your work.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mthompson5 View Post
    I have installed the WebOS Quick Install to the computer but it does not recognize my Pre.
    Have you put your Pre into Developer mode before trying to connect to QuickInstall? (I know I forgot and tried for a half hour before remembering )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's attached to the first post
    And now I feel stupider. If you don't mind could you tell me which paragraph? I see a download link for that doctor thing but not for the actual install. Thanks.
    DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR NOT TURNING OFF DEV MODE, INSTEAD OF ON.

OH MY GOD!!!!!! Ok.....so you know how in every single support thread, they say make sure your pre is in dev mode. Well, yeah, of course it is, right? I mean I have DevModeLauncher, and just flipped the switch. Of course I'm in dev mode. Its funny (not really) that the switch said on before I switched it, which made me think, Just switch towards the "ON". Thought it seemed weird as I never remember noticing that...seems kinda backwards.

It's not backwards! I'm backwards! and an *****. All this time, for the last 2 full days and probably 12 hours worth of installing, removing, modding, reinstalling, rearranging NOVACOM.I must have forgot to take it out of dev mode last time I installed homebrew w/quick install 1.0. I updated to new version and had a windows update at the same time. I thought the windows update messed w/novacom b/c "device not found" every time, no matter what. I won't go on w/all the stuff I did, no telling what all I messed up last night.

So even though it seems simple, and it is, and I'm really not an *****. Comp illiterate, maybe, but not stupid......DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR NOT TURNING OFF DEV MODE INSTEAD OF ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3drow View Post
    OMG you have to be kidding me, there should be big red font and a better explanation of what "Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03"

It's my fault i didn't read, but seriously, all pictures, all word docs, all bookmarks, all text convos

gone

you suck
    I seriously feel bad for you man but his program requires that to run and he did warn you. So he does not suck. Get off his back.

Now with that said the WebOsdoctor is supplied by Palm. I REALLY REALLY think they should have a warning with a prompt when it is ran. I never ran it but I am assuming by what happened to you that it does not.

Seriously you just click that and BOOM it whipes your Pre? No warning? Lame....

I am scared to death of running that. I wish it cold be altered or something....I created a shortcut to WebOS Install and put it on my desktop to help me NOT launch the other.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    LOL...

Any thoughts as to whether you're going to add the 4X4 icon arrangement tweak for sure?

Love this app.
    Okay if I add more launcher pages, what happens to anything I put on them if I go back to the normal 3?

I checked that option and it rebooted. I do not see a new blank screen. So I guess I added one but cannot understand what to do next. I also am unsure what to do if you wanted yet another one, there is no number of pages to add, just on/off.
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/20/2009 at 08:47 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    whenever i try to connect mre pre back to webos it says theres no connection when it is pluged in
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The pdf option in tweaks didnt work for me but everything else did
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I was curious as to why the TWEAKS need to be turned off before an OTA update is applied? What will happen if I don't turn them off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Okay if I add more launcher pages, what happens to anything I put on them if I go back to the normal 3?

I checked that option and it rebooted. I do not see a new blank screen. So I guess I added one but cannot understand what to do next. I also am unsure what to do if you wanted yet another one, there is no number of pages to add, just on/off.

Did you go the top left corner menu labeled "launcher?" It should now have a prompt that will allow you to add "new page."
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!