Page 43 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Yes yes YES! How can I add this into Quick Install?
    This is not currently available for quick install. This still requires rooting the Pre thru linux prompts found in the wiki's. If you look at the screen capture labeled "Tweaks" this will show you what is available for quick install.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    1. When I check "5x4 icons on launcher page", after the phone resets, the launcher no longer works. If I tap the launcher button from quicklaunch, the button highlights, and the Launcher label tab appears in the upper left corner of the screen, but then nothing else happens. The launcher itself does not come up. And if I swipe up from the gesture area, nothing happens at all.

I tried to remedy the problem by restoring the original launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Now$ $the$ $launcher$ $worked$, $but$ $with$ $strange$ $behavior$. $The$ $icons$ $were$ $shrunk$ $to$ $a$ $size$ $that$ $would$ $accommodate$ $a$ $5x4$ $configuration$, $but$ $they$ $were$ $still$ $in$ $arranged$ $3x3$.

I then unchecked "5x4 configuration on launcher page", reset, and things went back to normal.
    When I installed the 5x4 tweak, I also got the effect with small icons arranged in a 3x3 grid. Solution was to uncheck the box for that tweak, let the Pre do its thing until it is back to the main screen, then check the box again. The second time it worked as intended. Maybe checking everything at once caused some tweaks to interfere with each other? Don't know, but try it.
    Installed fine, program launches fine, when I go to device management, or tweaks it highlights in blue but does not open the screen.

Running XP-32bit.
    Java 1.6

Pre is in dev mode, "just charge"

After testing some more testing file>options does not work either. I will try delete and re-install.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Butters3605; 08/20/2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: More info
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    When I installed the 5x4 tweak, I also got the effect with small icons arranged in a 3x3 grid. Solution was to uncheck the box for that tweak, let the Pre do its thing until it is back to the main screen, then check the box again. The second time it worked as intended. Maybe checking everything at once caused some tweaks to interfere with each other? Don't know, but try it.
    Guys, for every separate mod, you need to allow the Pre to reboot itself (have a little patience, linux limitation if I remember correctly). Please choose one mod at a time. Choose one mod, watch your Pre. If it reboots itself, let it finish before adding another mod.

When deleting a mod, same procedure. Please allow your Pre to go thru it's reboot sequence for each mod removed.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/20/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Installed fine, program launches fine, when I go to device management, or tweaks it highlights in blue but does not open the screen.

Running XP-32bit.
    Java 1.6

Pre is in dev mode, "just charge"

After testing some more testing file>options does not work either. I will try delete and re-install.

Any ideas?
    Which version of WebOS are you using? Is the program seeing your Pre?
    Ok I have tried searching for this, so what is LED Service?

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Ok I have tried searching for this, so what is LED Service?
    Rex, I think ur question is in the wrong thread? To answer your question, the LED reference might be to a mod that lights your center button in the gesture area for missed calls/texts etc. That would require rooting your Pre thru linux prompts, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Which version of WebOS are you using? Is the program seeing your Pre?
    Running WebOS 1.1

Erased and reinstalled, working fine now.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    For some reason, I keep getting Device not found error. I put the device in developer mode, and tried connecting. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Novacom service, which refuses to start for me. Sometimes when I try to connect, I get a permission denied error.
    I'm running XP, and the latest update on my Pre. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    For some reason, I keep getting Device not found error. I put the device in developer mode, and tried connecting. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Novacom service, which refuses to start for me. Sometimes when I try to connect, I get a permission denied error.
    I'm running XP, and the latest update on my Pre. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Check here (trouble shooting guide for your error, scroll down about halfway through post)

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1812484
    would love to see some more tweaks to this like timestamp for txt msgs and such
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Rex, I think ur question is in the wrong thread? To answer your question, the LED reference might be to a mod that lights your center button in the gesture area for missed calls/texts etc. That would require rooting your Pre thru linux prompts, etc.
    Except that the LED Service is listed in the WebOS-all on QuickInstall's ipkg drop-down. There's no hint of what it does (that would be nice). I figured the same as you, but after installing and rebooting there's no change I can find and no hint of what it should be doing. I did notice that a reboot immediately began taking more than twice as long (like 3 minutes). So I removed it and all is back to normal,

Would still love to hear back if the force roam tweak could be added to the QuickInstall 2.01 panoply. Several who I know would love it but are wary of going the direct root/linux route.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...=roaming+force
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    You are the man! Thanks for this software, the ability to apply hacks is FANTASTIC
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    The very first patch I applied to my phone after rooting was enabling lanscape email mode. Will this be developed into a tweak for this program? I didn't see it listed.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    The very first patch I applied to my phone after rooting was enabling lanscape email mode. Will this be developed into a tweak for this program? I didn't see it listed.
    Hopefully! Landscape pdf view is already there (and works perfectly).
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Except that the LED Service is listed in the WebOS-all on QuickInstall's ipkg drop-down. There's no hint of what it does (that would be nice). I figured the same as you, but after installing and rebooting there's no change I can find and no hint of what it should be doing. I did notice that a reboot immediately began taking more than twice as long (like 3 minutes). So I removed it and all is back to normal,

Would still love to hear back if the force roam tweak could be added to the QuickInstall 2.01 panoply. Several who I know would love it but are wary of going the direct root/linux route.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...=roaming+force
    Are you talking about the Ipkg Repository viewer? If so, this is showing all ipkg's available in the homebrew apps. It's as if you were using filecoaster. Same concept except that if you're already logged onto quick install, you can just add/remove homebrews thru this process.

If you're not talking about the ipkg repository viewer, then ignore this post. Lol
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Can't someone make this easier?? Nothing is working and I have followed every step
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I first downloaded the webos quick install, I opened it up and it tells me to download the WebOS doctor, i clicked yes and nothing happens...I found the Web os Doctor and downloaded it a different way. I opened that up and it does not recognize my pre when i plug it in. and whenever i try to open the web os quick install it just closes right away
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Check here (trouble shooting guide for your error, scroll down about halfway through post)

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1812484
    Novacom won't start up for me at all. I did the stuff described here, and still no go. Can you tell me how to get Novacom installed on a Windows XP machine?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Are you talking about the Ipkg Repository viewer? If so, this is showing all ipkg's available in the homebrew apps. It's as if you were using filecoaster. Same concept except that if you're already logged onto quick install, you can just add/remove homebrews thru this process.

If you're not talking about the ipkg repository viewer, then ignore this post. Lol
    Yes, I am. That's why I was saying that a description of the functions (like in FileCoaster now) would be a very good thing.

And as for the Force-Roam mod, I guess it's up to the developer to package it as a proper ipkg before it will be available from the Repository.

I just have to say again how stunned I am at the level of enthusiasm for development for the Pre and WebOS!
    This device and community is just 10 weeks old!