Page 42 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    the only thing this app is missing is the ability to work through a proxy.
    even though i can configure Java to use a proxy, this app for some reason refuses to see it. any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsmchs View Post
    When i download the file (attachment) it says it is a .download is the extension not .jar
    Am i doing something wrong?
    Which browser are you using? Firefox seems to work just fine. I just check on the first page and clicked download and it displayed the file as a .jar.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i have webos quick install and web doctor all ready working on my pc and mac i want to update them and dont know where to download from and what i need to do if anything .. if any one can point me to the right place ... thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsmchs View Post
    When i download the file (attachment) it says it is a .download is the extension not .jar
    Am i doing something wrong?
    I had the same issue with Chrome, use FF.
    Jason, Thank you soo much for working so hard on this! You are incredible and have seriously enhanced my expieriance with my Palm Pre. I just wanted to give you the props you derserve and let you know that I'm Thankful for all the work you have done on this.

-Silversuperman
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Jason, may I throw deserved kisses in the general direction of the earth beneath your feet?

(That's not in a creepy way, of course; just a sincere attempt to thank you for helping me make my Pre so damned awesome ...)
    I was installing the old fasioned way. I just assigned .ipk to the palm install batch file. So I would Dl an IPK and just double click it to install.

Point is I never played with the web install program until now. Tweaks at a click???? Holy S*&^ batman!!!!! I have been really wanting that analog clock, BOOM there it is!!!!

All I can say is a HUGE thanks!!!! I hope more and more tweaks can be done like this!!!!

I am donating now!!! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest Aguilar View Post
    i have webos quick install and web doctor all ready working on my pc and mac i want to update them and dont know where to download from and what i need to do if anything .. if any one can point me to the right place ... thanks in advance
    Just download them the same way again. Use the link on page 1 of this thread and replace your older ver with this one. Make sure you place it in the same folder with Webdr. You don't have to dl webdr again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Jason thanks for all the work on this. The tweaks section is really great! Going to be trying the dialer etc tonight.

There's one tweak that I think would be hugely popular if it would work with QuickInstall...The force Roaming tweak. I put it in myself but there are many I know who would love to put it in but don't want to root.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...=roaming+force

Any chance?
    Yes yes YES! How can I add this into Quick Install?
    If it downloads with the .download extension, just rename it and change the extension to .jar works just fine. Don't know why Chrome does it that way...
    Very nice. Cant wair to isntall it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    This looks like a nice utility that you have worked on. I have a question which I think I know the answer on, but wanted to throw it out there to get some other people's feedback. I have already rooted my pre as this App was not available when I started. I have applied a few of the rooted patches, Add/Delete Launcher Pages, 5x4 icons and a few others that are not part of the Quick Install.

I am assuming that I can not simply use the Quick Install to apply these patches and let Quick Install maintain them for me since when I run the quick install, it does not recognize the patches as already being applied. Do they only work on a non-rooted untouched Pre? Or is there smarts built in that knows what needs to be changed and can handle an already modified system?

If this is the case, can I just pull the original files from the WebOSDoctor.jar file and then use the Quick Install to re-apply the patches and then it can manage them and remove them for me?

Any help and thoughts would be great,

Thanks,

Mike
    I am also curious about this. I have used the tweaks up to this point fine except the add/remove pages tweak,. I had added this feature myself, so before I tried the tweak I reinstalled the original file, so the pre should be back to default. I then tried the add/remove pages tweak and after reboot, when I open my launcher app, I just have a blank gray page. The title at the top says Launcher and I believe I had my menu options, but I had no icons on the screen. I turned off the tweak and manually added again just fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for any input.
    And thanks for all the wonderful work on the application!
    i am having the damnest time trying to downlaod these apps to my computer for my palm pre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Jason -- another tweak request... FORWARDING TEXT MESSAGES!!! any chance we can get this tweak in the next or future release? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1740911

Keep up the good work!

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hey Jason -- another tweak request... FORWARDING TEXT MASSAGES!!! any chance we can get this tweak in the next or future release? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1740911

Keep up the good work!

Adam
    omg that would be awesome!!!
    I'm experiencing some difficulties with Tweaks:

1. When I check "5x4 icons on launcher page", after the phone resets, the launcher no longer works. If I tap the launcher button from quicklaunch, the button highlights, and the Launcher label tab appears in the upper left corner of the screen, but then nothing else happens. The launcher itself does not come up. And if I swipe up from the gesture area, nothing happens at all.

I tried to remedy the problem by restoring the original launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Now$ $the$ $launcher$ $worked$, $but$ $with$ $strange$ $behavior$. $The$ $icons$ $were$ $shrunk$ $to$ $a$ $size$ $that$ $would$ $accommodate$ $a$ $5x4$ $configuration$, $but$ $they$ $were$ $still$ $in$ $arranged$ $3x3$.

I then unchecked "5x4 configuration on launcher page", reset, and things went back to normal.

2. When I check "Downloading in web browser", then reset, the browser stops working. Unchecking it and resetting again restored functionality.

The other System Mods tweaks all seem to work just fine. I haven't tried any of the Styling Mods options.

I was applying the changes directly to the device, not the emulator. I'm on a PC, using Vista Ultimate x64.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    OMG you have to be kidding me, there should be big red font and a better explanation of what "Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03"

It's my fault i didn't read, but seriously, all pictures, all word docs, all bookmarks, all text convos

gone

you suck
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hide Nascar application
    Pretty self-explanatory; hides the Nascar application from the launcher.

Hide NFL application
    Pretty self-explanatory; hides the NFL application from the launcher.
    Can you add tweaks to DELETE the Nascar and NFL apps? Or would this cause problems when doing webOS updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by comishna View Post
    i am having the damnest time trying to downlaod these apps to my computer for my palm pre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can you be more specific? Also, please include the answers to the questions on post 1:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely

Quote Originally Posted by Th3drow View Post
    OMG you have to be kidding me, there should be big red font and a better explanation of what "Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03"

It's my fault i didn't read, but seriously, all pictures, all word docs, all bookmarks, all text convos

gone

you suck
    It's on the first page of the thread. Sorry it happened but you gotta read the directions friend.
    Here is a "clear .png" to use in the Tweaks page for Lock Screen Background and Dialer Background for the -Optional Extras- to get rid of the green "scroll fade" and "List section Line". Use This Clear .png for both and you will be good to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aaronaaron; 09/06/2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: adding title