Page 41 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by centralparker View Post
    sorry i hope someone can help me here. i've read all the postings and have been working on this for 2 hours....
    the problem i'm having is when i try to launch the quickinstall jar (by doubleclicking, not unzipping) i just hear a system beep with no error message and nothing happens. i have the latest java installed, i've reinstalled also. i'm running winxp 32-bit on this laptop.

so i went to my other computer, a desktop running 64-bit vista and the same thing is happening. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i thought it was maybe something simple, like i need to install the SDK first, or have the phone plugged in first, or in the developer's mode first, but nothing worked.

any ideas out there?
    Look at the file size and see if it matches the file size of post 1, 930KB or so. Mine kept downloading at 39KB file. Restarted my computer and it downloaded and opened just fine.
    I have the same problem as Sheojinx. Everything in the same folder, Pre set to 'charge only', program is running fine, but: "Please connect your device and hit 'ok'" when I try to install an ipk file.
  3.    #803  
    SDK is NOT needed.

Sorry for the bold and caps, but I've said this several times before but no one seems to listen.

In WebOS Quick Install go to File->Options, then click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button. Chances are that will install it. If it doesn't, check out my earlier-mentioned Troubleshooting Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Noirgrim View Post
    I have the same problem as Sheojinx. Everything in the same folder, Pre set to 'charge only', program is running fine, but: "Please connect your device and hit 'ok'" when I try to install an ipk file.
    Please read the Troubleshooting Guide.
    Jason, just installed the Flashlight app via quick install, awesome bro. That's all I can say. Thanks again. Also gotta give props to PreGame for the flashlight app! Thanks! You guys make having the Pre such a better experience (and I was loving the Pre prior to installing mods, lol)!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centralparker View Post
    sorry i hope someone can help me here. i've read all the postings and have been working on this for 2 hours....
    the problem i'm having is when i try to launch the quickinstall jar (by doubleclicking, not unzipping) i just hear a system beep with no error message and nothing happens. i have the latest java installed, i've reinstalled also. i'm running winxp 32-bit on this laptop.

so i went to my other computer, a desktop running 64-bit vista and the same thing is happening. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i thought it was maybe something simple, like i need to install the SDK first, or have the phone plugged in first, or in the developer's mode first, but nothing worked.

any ideas out there?
    I had a almost-similar problem.

When I downloaded he .jar file it kept downloading a .download file. I just cleared my browser data and tried again and it worked just fine. To avoid that, if you're using Firefox or GoogleChrome, just open up IE and download it from there.
    i cant get it to install to my phone i did everything but will not install hit the install botton and nothing
    can anyone tell me where to find the sdk?
    and what is the SDK for that matter?
  9.    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by acbjr22 View Post
    i cant get it to install to my phone i did everything but will not install hit the install botton and nothing
    As stated in post #1, I'll need more info from you before I can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheojinx View Post
    and what is the SDK for that matter?
    SDK is the Software Development Kit. It is not required for this program
    it would be cool if u added this in the tweak section
    Patch webOS Turning Off Dialpad Noise - WebOS Internals
    kay, i've been trying to download the my tether app but it wont let me. it wont work on filecoaster or just downloading it to the compouter. can anyone help?
    kay, i've been trying to download the my tether app but it wont let me. it wont work on filecoaster or just downloading it to the compouter. can anyone help?
    u need to install the services....im gonna guess u havent rooted ur pre....so u need to root ur pre to install the services...thats free....u can also donate 10 bucks here My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! so u can download an installer and it does it all for u automatically
    Quote Originally Posted by acbjr22 View Post
    i had the same problem. go to your phone and type the dev mode code. once the card comes up, press that orb thing and then plug it in. leave it on and try again. i think the dev card needs to be up for it to work. it worked for me afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u need to install the services....im gonna guess u havent rooted ur pre....so u need to root ur pre to install the services...thats free....u can also donate 10 bucks here My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! so u can download an installer and it does it all for u automatically
    lmao! im only 16, i work a job in a warehouse and just blew my paycheck on this magnificent 100% perfect phone ^^ now im just trying to make it better. my parents are moving and i want my tether so my parents can use the laptop while on the road. other than that, im flat broke ^^
  15.    #815  
    MyTether requires rooting unfortunately
    lmao! im only 16, i work a job in a warehouse and just blew my paycheck on this magnificent 100% perfect phone ^^ now im just trying to make it better. my parents are moving and i want my tether so my parents can use the laptop while on the road. other than that, im flat broke ^^
    trust me...the 10 bucks r really worth it....but ur choice rooting for this takes hours to accomplish...i didnt root so i wouldnt know how to tell u...maybe someone else can help u
    umm..... something i think you should add to your step by step process is to make sure to keep the dev card up on the phone. nothing worked for me until i left it up T.T
    oh.... and how do i root? sorry.... i missed that part
    oh.... and how do i root? sorry.... i missed that part
    here's ur tutorial Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    When i download the file (attachment) it says it is a .download is the extension not .jar
    Am i doing something wrong?