Page 40 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    I'm not ready to completely blame it on the tweaks I did to my Pre.

But since doing them, I have a very laggy, almost unusable interface. Contact list takes over a minute to load, universal search is all but disabled.

I'm going to attempt to remove the tweaks and hope for the best, I don't feel like wiping.
    I'm 99% sure that WebOS Quick Install didn't cause the lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    I'm not ready to completely blame it on the tweaks I did to my Pre.

But since doing them, I have a very laggy, almost unusable interface. Contact list takes over a minute to load, universal search is all but disabled.

I'm going to attempt to remove the tweaks and hope for the best, I don't feel like wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    exactly bc then id be bi*ching also and my phone has been gr8 since yesterday
    i have windows vista and it cant even recognize the pre when i plug it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheojinx View Post
    i have windows vista and it cant even recognize the pre when i plug it in.
    remember to have the pre in dev mode....remember to have novacom service enabled and if anything else let me know
    i put in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and then turned on dev mode. i've already downloaded novacom. i went into the options in the installer and re-downloaded it
    i put in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and then turned on dev mode. i've already downloaded novacom. i went into the options in the installer and re-downloaded it
    do u have webOS quick install 2.01?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Which is why I didn't say I blame WebOS Quick Install completely for the lag. I knew it was implausible that I'd be the only affected.

Basically, I decided that I wanted to go through and purge my messages, so I went through and did just that, and while trying to correct the annoying can't-see-can't-delete conversations, the OS started to lag. The messaging app won't respond after 2 resets (which is why unisearch was giving me problems, I would click SMS and nothing would happen)

I still have this issue after now 3 resets, about to do a battery pull and hope for the best. Any ideas?
    Yes. I have 2.01
    Yes. I have 2.01
    ok tell me exactly wut ur doing....ur pre is in dev mode and u have webSOquickinstall open and its connect to ur pc vista 32bit right? wut errors ru getting or wut?
    Okay, it's connected, the program is on, I drag and drop the filecoster(I already set the emulater or pre option to pre and then I click install. It says connecting to device and then the error connection refused: connect pops up. I click ok an another error pops up saying no device found
    Okay, it's connected, the program is on, I drag and drop the filecoster(I already set the emulater or pre option to pre and then I click install. It says connecting to device and then the error connection refused: connect pops up. I click ok an another error pops up saying no device found
    there should be an option where it says reinstall or something novacom driver...try that and do it again
    It still doesn't work. I've tried that before when I went through the troubleshooter
    It still doesn't work. I've tried that before when I went through the troubleshooter
    do u have webOSquickinstall (file/icon) in the same folder as webOS doctor? i dont know wut to tell u....bc i got it working perfectly and im on vista 32 bit maybe try disabling novacom from start--->type in services and go where it says palm novacom disable and enable again and c if that helps....if that doesnt help then i guess w8 till jason gets on here
    There all in the same folder too
    I went into services and Palm nava~ isn't there
    I went into services and Palm nava~ isn't there
    thats the problem...u gotta if anything download and install the palm pre sdk thats wut i did

bc normally u just need webOS quick installer but if u dont have novacom then install the sdk
    How do I install the sdk?
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    Try to make phone USB not just charging. If the device shows up in explorer as PRE you should be able to download file. My problem is I downloaded file manager and no application shows up. Any ideas?
    Registration

there u go just sign up and ull get it.....good luck dude
    sorry i hope someone can help me here. i've read all the postings and have been working on this for 2 hours....
    the problem i'm having is when i try to launch the quickinstall jar (by doubleclicking, not unzipping) i just hear a system beep with no error message and nothing happens. i have the latest java installed, i've reinstalled also. i'm running winxp 32-bit on this laptop.

so i went to my other computer, a desktop running 64-bit vista and the same thing is happening. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i thought it was maybe something simple, like i need to install the SDK first, or have the phone plugged in first, or in the developer's mode first, but nothing worked.

any ideas out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by centralparker View Post
    sorry i hope someone can help me here. i've read all the postings and have been working on this for 2 hours....
    the problem i'm having is when i try to launch the quickinstall jar (by doubleclicking, not unzipping) i just hear a system beep with no error message and nothing happens. i have the latest java installed, i've reinstalled also. i'm running winxp 32-bit on this laptop.

so i went to my other computer, a desktop running 64-bit vista and the same thing is happening. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i thought it was maybe something simple, like i need to install the SDK first, or have the phone plugged in first, or in the developer's mode first, but nothing worked.

any ideas out there?
    i dont know if this can help u...but b4 it wouldnt work for me bc i would use google chrome to download webOS quick install and finally got it to work by downloading it over firefox